FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 787788789
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote King Con Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 9:08pm
King Con View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got to mana ramp on Saturday just before everyone else turned up. Stopped for 3 hours at the 30 metre spot between mana island and plimmerton, slow fishing, some kahawai, a couple gurnard and spinys, moved deep to 48m North end mana, current was slower, after 45 min fish suddenly came on the bite , had a triple hookup, 1rod a gurnard, 2nd rod a decent snapper, strayline rig had a legal kingie, after that a steady stream of gurnard , snapper and spinys, forcast good for this weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 11:17am
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tuna this year all seem to be around the 5 - 6kg mark. But quite plentiful. Fished the tunatastic comp and we landed 15 fish, with one winner. All north of kapiti.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 5:39am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Brad Holister Brad Holister wrote:

1.       I need to know which product is the best from the ones listed on the site?          https://bestfishfinders.website/

Your IP address returns a Bangladesh location and that address you've supplied is a dud link. for a supposed web designer that  isnt a great start. Honest mistake or spammer Brad?

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rozboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 8:30pm
Rozboon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Absolutely stunning afternoon on the water.

Binned up on Tarakihi at Verns, once we found the fish on the reef it was just non-stop on them. Lots of quite chunky fish amongst them.

Perfect conditions on the drift, just enough tide to gently carry us up the reef. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ninjabert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:54pm
ninjabert View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

More diving than fishing, but I while I was out on the wellington south coast today I saw a bunch of kingfish (10+) smashing a shoal of mackerel. Plus big shoals of big Moki. and plenty of crays :) All within shore diving distance. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rozboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 5:02pm
Rozboon View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot down to Vern's during the brief window of calm weather this morning.

Really nice conditions but extremely quiet fishing.

Water temp still fairly high at 15.9 degrees, I know people were catching Snapper around Mana.
</div><h1>Bug Squishing...
Page  <1 787788789