Wellington Boat Fishing

Page  <1 762763764765766 793>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 1:08pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did you get any Snapper last night Dave ?....looked like a perfect evening for a fish out west
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 2:31pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nah didnt go in the end Scotty. by the time i got home after work i would have been up agsinst it fighting rush hour etc.

anyone else get out? any joy?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:10pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got to seaview to drop the boat off for a service. That's about it on the fishing front.

Dive red rocks Saturday plenty of slugs and a quad of bugs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 9:31pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sea was flat this morning. Any reports?

I had a morning swim. Vis was nice. Lots of salps and jellies. Big schools of jack macs.

Mixed grill. Frito Misto. Epharisto

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 9:21am
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea we went out in the rain, bit slow, 2 x blue nose in 150m and a few tics, back before lunch and back to work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:16am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Drove to Mana on Sunday morning, went to launch the boat and discovered the lifejackets were all at home (Karori). Went home and got them, decided to give Makara a go, lovely out there except for the rain. Got a few BCs around Ohau Bay, saw some really nice sign in 40ish metres but the tide was fair honking to the point that anchored fishing was never going to happen and we were over it in a flash on the drift.

Almost, almost ALMOST got it all horribly wrong on the way back in at Makara, just got the timing all arse about face and a breaking swell almost turned us around, hairy little moment but all well in the end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Whippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 7:30am
Whippa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

New batteries in chopper. Just waiting for a break in the weather to nail some snaps. Haven't been in the water for 6 months due to medical bull**** and a holiday. Any ideas of a window over the weekend?
The proofs in the ride
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 7:54am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

awesome youre back on deck and ready to charge hard Whippa! will keep u posted with update from mine if u like via txt.

Sea is coming up and onto road in Lyall and still an hour to go before high tide...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Whippa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2016 at 7:57am
Whippa View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers Davo. Yeah send us a text. Be good to catch up.
The proofs in the ride
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:13pm
Kdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Scotty B put me onto this forum.
Went out to the trench this morning, pretty choppy to start with but kept getting better throughout the day.
Ended up with 6 BN, 10 odd hoki and a couple of gems.
Bloody good day from one line in the water.
There was another boat nearby, small hardtop with a couple of blokes, they cleaned up getting their limit of BN.      

How do you attach pics?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Con Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:47pm
King Con View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out from mana today after work, fished 3 hours, water temp between 17 and 18, slow but steady fishing, managed 7 snapper and 2 gurnard, Love the long summer evenings
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:10pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went out west and got 8 snaps (mostly 45cm) and 15 other mixed fish

Kdog putting photos up is a mission...go back in the tread via search
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surtee55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:00am
Surtee55 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey Kdog,
That was me out there yday. Left the ramp at first light and jeez it was a bit rough, but luckily as forecast it just got better and better as the day went on. Went for a Teri fish closer in off Turakirae first up but really struggled only getting 3 in about 45 mins. Eventually headed out to the trench and took a while but when the BNose started biting it was great fishing. No monsters but very happy to be enjoying some delicious BNose once again after a rather long dry spell!

P.S Big Thanks to Daveo who gave me a tip about the transducer settings for my TM258/HDS7 Touch Gen2 last week. There's 2 TM258 transducers listed in the sonar menu, a 5k one and a 10k one. They are not listed next to each other so naturally I had just selected the 5k one as it came up first. I was getting sea temp readings that were about 15 degrees cooler than actual and could not pick up the bottom past 160m! After changing to the 10k TM258 in the list the temp is now correct and I'm getting better depth than before. Bit more fine tuning required yet but has helped hugely! Easy mistake to make so though it could be helpful to mention on here. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:09am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

stoked that the settings idea fixed it mate and well done with the blue nose 👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buttsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 11:38pm
Buttsie View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have a furuno 589 with an airman TM260 1kw transducer and for some reason cant get it to work beyond 200metres. Any ideas for improvement appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 7:36am
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Are you running it in low frequency mode? 50hz?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 7:00pm
Kdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Figured out how to upload pics
Trench 1/12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waifish2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:17pm
waifish2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Weather looks to be blowing it's arse off tomorrow Northerly. Anyone recon it would be OK launothing on the south coast for a close south coast fish tomorrow withe the forecast?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 9:18pm
Scotty B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep it will be fine...moa point ramp is best in strong NW....good day on the blue nose out at the trench today....only one other boat out and they got there limit in 2hrs!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Con Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 10:38pm
King Con View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went to Mana after work, after a few good trips i was handed a fishing lesson, fairly rough, only ky, no snaps, water temp around 17 , guess i will have to plan another fishing trip
Page  <1 762763764765766 793>