Wallabies v All Blacks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wallabies v All Blacks
    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:19am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yet another game ruined by a sending off........wallabies played a good game and the All Blacks fort their hearts out...even when a man down........but another game ruined with a sending off......have seen so many like this......Dont approve of sending off for whole game......10 min sin bin or 20 min for serious stuff........what do you guys think?
That could have been another classic All Black v Wallaby test match.......probably the best rugby game you will see....hard to beat a game between these two.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote waynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:35am
waynorth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interesting suggestion from Brumbies assistant coach Laurie Fisher - red carded player gets replaced after 10 mins in the bin, and presumably still has to face the judiciary.

Got to say that hit from Barrett looked pretty deliberate to me.
treat fish like fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 3:54pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm not convinced that the red card decision determined the end result. Without doubt it made it an uphill battle for the ABs. The halftime stats clearly show that the Wallabies had control of the game despite only having a slender lead on the scoreboard.
Barrett's tackle was sloppy and careless but not intended to harm imo. Let's face it the forceful contact wasn't deemed forceful enough for Hooper to have a HIA. That suggests to me that the referee over reacted.
I think there needs to be some clarity prior to the RWC as soft red cards certainly have the potential to change a game.
Looking ahead to the first AB game in the RWC vs SA I note the referee is none other than Jerome Garces with assistant Romain Poite (infamous from the ABs vs Lions 3rd test in 2017). I can't say that fills me with a lot of joy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:37pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I have no problem with the suspension. These guys know the rules and implications more than you or I.  As an All Black I'm pretty sure you're expected to die on your sword when you get caught out following team orders.

We've seen plenty of people targeting Richie McCaw in the past. Remember Richard Loe?

Rugby League is a much cleaner & simpler sport - it used to be the opposite! While we all like the concept of 'bring back the biff' it is always cool to see your team win the fight. We lost that game last weekend so fair enough. 

Rugby has so many rules that it encourages that sort of behaviour. That is why people watch it. After all there is nothing like a controversy to get headlines. Great bang for your buck for sponsors.

At the highest level Rugby has it sorted. As does football (soccer to the rest of us). The Hollywood styles we see in the very highest of levels really cheapens that sport to me but the marketing guys want that. 

Cheating is great headlines. Especially when your side gets away with it. Even more so when your side gets caught. Win/win!

That's the truth according to Smudge Big smile
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:58pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Let's give up on the waffle.

What's your score predictions.

I have two..
Wife who knows more than I do says it will be an AB thrashing.

Mine, Aussies will win by ten.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 7:00pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It looked deliberate to me. That aside, the aussies deserved the win. They came out of the shed hungrier than us and the first 10 minutes showed. This may be the hardest world cup yet to pick a winner. I can see at least 5 contenders.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 8:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I can see a win to the AB's by 13 points!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street