FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WAIHI BEACH surfcasting 2019

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishcaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WAIHI BEACH surfcasting 2019
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 7:25am
Fishcaster View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi i go to Waihi beach most weekend and was wondering if there were any good places to surf cast from. I went down Bowentown and down those stairs by the Bar and caught nothing,haven't got a lot of experience surfcasting but something I'm interested to do more of. 

Any help would be appreciated SmileSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:32am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Go left at the north end of the beach, up and over the track, reasonable walk you come down to another little bay, go to the left of that bay to the rocks. I only ever fished there a couple times, but it seemed fishy.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bricker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:31pm
bricker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Low tide.....down those steps.......head round to the left onto the sand and surfcast straight off the point. Had heaps of fun with Kahawai in the middle of winter a few years back.