Minn Kota??? Transom mount... do they even exist??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minn Kota??? Transom mount... do they even exist??
    Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:27pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another case of little 'ol NZ not wanting my money!

Trying to source a Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor in transom mount (small inflatable) seems they are as rare as rocking horse ****!

Nobody appears to stock them – the usual…. “out-of -stock” round every corner!!! I’m after the variable throttle (VT) model in either 45lb or 55lb. Has anyone seen one anywhere for sale… anywhere? Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:32pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:36pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is not the VT model, that one has notched 5 speeds FWD and 3 speeds REV unfortuately.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:49pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

That is not the VT model, that one has notched 5 speeds FWD and 3 speeds REV unfortuately.
import one??
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:51pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

$1200 in AU compared to $1899 here, $350 shipping... then GST and duty puts it at almost same price in NZD from a retailer... but if they don't want my money I'll have to sadly despite trying to support NZ business.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:55pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

$1099 in AU compared to $1899 here, $300 shipping... then GST and duty puts it at almost same price in NZD from a retailer... but if they don't want my money I'll have to sadly despite trying to support NZ business.
don't feel guilty.I certainly don't. NZ retailers really need to sharpen pencil and learn about customer service
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:59pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree 100%!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:18am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Not being a smartarse  but  why is the notched 5 speed  one no good . I get the diff between infinitely variable and  5 set speeds . Just that I have found that removing some of the adjustability from consumer products can actually enhance the experience by removing the agony of decision.  ( adjustable motorcycle suspension  is a classic example .).
 Have you tried asking MD's if they will get one for you..........you  could offer to do a product review  for them  to temp them a bit Smile

I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:24pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The variable throttle ones use digital maximiser (PWM) so effectively use half the battery power of the standard ones and need to go all day on my 100ah lithium.

The notched 5 speed versions don’t go slow enough on the lowest setting for creeping up the edges either unfortunately. Did reach out to the agents but no reply…. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 6:00pm
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The variable throttle ones use digital maximiser (PWM) so effectively use half the battery power of the standard ones and need to go all day on my 100ah lithium.

The notched 5 speed versions don’t go slow enough on the lowest setting for creeping up the edges either unfortunately. Did reach out to the agents but no reply…. Cheers
Cool ...... not slow enough isnt something I had thought of . 
Im interested as Im wanting to assemble a small dinghy to sneak up on Flounders .
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Popeye. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2024 at 7:03pm
Popeye. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Flyfisher
I have a minn kota Riptide that i've had for a while and i think its maybe been used once.
If you are interested drop us a text on 021736434 and we can work something out.
Cheers
Richard