FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bird Repellers

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bird Repellers
    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 12:31pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just take an ugly mate...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 9:09am
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:55am
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Steps - not talking about taste. The paste/grease stuff in the tube is spread out where they want to land/roost. It is not for eating - it sticks to their feet. And they don't like it. From memory it had an additional additive that gave them itchy feet - hence the 'Hot Foot'. Not sure what they had in it but have a feeling it was some chillie base. I have used it. Works OK - problem is it collects dust etc and looses some effect over time and then you have a bit of a mess to clean. But for short term, more specific areas, def worth a shot. Not sure if still available or not. Pest control guys used to use it.
Regards
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 8:37am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dunno no about "spice" chilli" stuff.
 We bread parrots, kakariki crimsons Burke, turqs  few other breeds for many yrs.
 They do not have the taste receptor for hot stuff.
 As far as to say they where so sort after we used to use the seeds of capsicum and chili as rewards when training them.

The cores (hot seeds) out of capsicum where a regular part of their veggie diet which was a good 60/70% of their overall protein/ fruit seed diets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:43pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Con, we all know the swallow is the bird of love...
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That won't work for swallows. They have to eat it. Usually dosed into grains etc.
Alan 
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nirai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:50pm
Nirai View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Google “Alpha Chloralose”
"Gunrunner" Surtees 610 Game Fisher current
*"Double Barrel" Seacat 635 "Good Riddance!"
*"Seriola" Surtees 485 CC Retired with honours!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 6:23pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes - that is sort of what the Hot Foot stuff is - with a bit of spice thrown in. They don't like tacky feet.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:54pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Put some grease or vasaline in the area they are trying to build their best,I've been told it works for swallows....there's a joke in there somewhere 👍
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:48pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A cat and Bang and if the cat doesnt do his job then you know where the next shot is.
water water everywhere,how many fish does it hold?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:28pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

And you think you have **** problems.

At least I can get two pies for one ****ter.

Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:07pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cirrus - maybe he can relocate them to your shed? :-) Maybe you will take mine too?
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:16pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just enjoy the gift of beautiful swallows in your shed. Not everyone is so privileged . They will nest and soon  be gone again .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:15pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes a small pie indeed, just one swallow and it's all gone.

OOhhh - toooo much.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:53am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That reminds me.. seen ppl hang old cd s on strings in gardens and fruit trees
 no idea if works short or long tern thu.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:47am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I did notice in bunnings some of those wire spikes that come in strips.
Often seen on commercial buildings.

Yes a small pie indeed, just one swallow and it's all gone.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:49am
Alan L View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

demolish the shed Wink
Hmm. Can see large piles of rubble looming.
But yes - noise things are very limited. Birds don't mind noise - they get used to it. Airports have problems with birds. And people don't like living by airports ... because of the noise. They don't mind roosting in noisy factories etc. In fact they are very adaptable. It takes them a few days to work out the latest ruse.
Physically deterring them generally works tho - make it uncomfortable for them and they will find your neighbors shed more attractive.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:40am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A $8 red shed trap laid over that part of the boat, or whatever.

Was down at a factory couple days ago, they had a movement operated distress sound... more bloody annoying than the birds.
And the guys recon the birds get used to it.
There are stickers of birds of prey that can be put  on windows that are prone to bird strike (wood pigeons, tui, blackbirds etc)
 Ultra sonic gadgets, know a few ppl who have had them for mice stuff like that. mess up some of their dogs , thats it.

Then there is the air rifle...good on pigeons, trouble is as soon as the flock in the tree reduces another pair move in to nest/ roost.
 Now pigeons, there is a legit complaint.. sound like cats in high heels on the roof, mess up the roof and decks by perching on gutters.
 What is the easiest way to chop down and kill a large mature phenex palm?

If extend the chop down logic as a soln... demolish the shed Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:25am
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

there's those "birds of prey" decoys, that may work. People put them on their moored boats etc to keep gulls from ****ting all over their yacht/launch. An Owl perched very near by in the shed will have them nesting elsewhere in no time. Personally, I like my shed resident swallows.....but yeah, do make a mess.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:53am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Print an A4 photo of cats face and put it up near nest...
Page  12>