FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gt Barrier weekend - New dates - extra spaces

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gt Barrier weekend - New dates - extra spaces
    Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:59pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

All good, I understand people’s frustrations, just thought I’d make the offer in the hope of helping all those involved. I’ll check out of this one now and wish everyone all the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 2:53pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That’s all well and good Steps and yep he’s been great over the years with his advice and help and RBs offer is really awesome of him but I think Tagit should have the manners , balls or whatever else you want to call it to front up to the lads on here who he’s taken money from , if he’s fallen on hard times with the tax man or whatever most of us would understand and be sympathetic but to just to ignore the f.netters on here and go on posting on another forum is just rude .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I fully understand the offer of Raging Bull..

Dave has helped out, often aty his own cost so many on these forums and elsewhere foe many yrs.
 One just has to go back over old threads to see just a few of them.
 Hes has been a man who is the 1st to step up with a spare part or good solid information on how too.

Then falls on hard times..
 So here is a good bugga thru want, embarrassment , dunno .. but in many way I understand his withdrawal..
 Dave is also the type of gut, when things get tough, doesnt stash egg nests away in hidden trusts accounts and stuff.. which is where 'nice guys' 'go wrong' and go down the tubes totally....
yet still get the SAME flack.

I think RB, and many others.. (the silent majority, who we often see in real life , and private communication) sees Dave in the same or similar light.

So when RB comes up with such an offer, in effect to pay off any of Daves 'debts' to forum members, and get turned down..yet still want to pursue the debit..
For far more than one reason, I think it is way unfair on a  VERY good bugga hitting bad times.

PS Im not sure if have ever met RB personally, Only know from reputation think have seen him (think was him) hang a marlin from a tree to weigh thu..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:38am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the way he's just ignoring you guys would really brass me off. That he has been posting on the Hull Truth as Aliboy while this has been going on doesn't sit well with me .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:02am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hell yes. It's pretty clear what's going on. I feel sorry for you guys but you need to visit tagit and clear the debt.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:39am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All this pussy footing around rubbish some of you guys write on here about a guy who has ripped ya off, hangs up on ya and bulls**ts is a joke. If it happened to me i can guarantee you i would have my money back or items to the value of wot he owed me by now one way or another! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 7:24am
spin king View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

well said mj the radio silence would be the most annoying!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (7) Likes(7)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
MJ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is a very generous offer Raging Bull.  I appreciate what you are trying to do here - but the simple fact is that I did not pay a sum of money to go fishing with you. We were encouraged to pay a charter to help someone's child attend a robotics tournament. I don't know if that child got to the tournament but I most certainly did not get the charter promised in return. People fall on hard times. We all understand that, but to get radio silence on the matter is simply unacceptable. I for one will not take up your offer - generous as it is. Tagit needs to front. I am very happy to accommodate him and support him through whatever difficulty he is facing - even if it means no trip - but I will not accept being ignored. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ho Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 8:49pm
Ho Dee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats a generous offer, and hard times can happen to anyone but I would rather a phone call or a message or some sort of contact from Tagit, and then it could be over for me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:34pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good on ya bloke, I will happily chip in some gas money to help out
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:31pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very generous offer there Raging Bull.
water water everywhere,how many fish does it hold?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:28pm
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Well the offer is there if ya want it. I’d like to see ya all get something for ya money and if it helps Tagit out a bit even better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThankFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 4:03pm
ThankFish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I think there's at least 4 of us still owed. I don't like to whinge about stuff, i know times can be tough and i've given him a fair amount of time to at least give me an explanation, but i've called, txted, emailed, private messaged on thehulltruth.com etc. 

No reply whatsoever. 

Then i called him on Friday night on another phone and shockingly to me he answered the phone, then i told him who it was and he hurriedly fobbed me off and told me he'd ring me later that night, but didn't.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:25pm
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

This is my boat, have all the gear for any eventuality. Could take 3 game fishing or 4 for a snapper fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:11pm
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

How many people were booked on this trip? I’ve known Tagit for a long time and he’s a genuine good bugger. I haven’t heard from him but I’m guessing he must have fallen on hard times as he’s certainly not the sort to willing rip people off.

If those that missed out on their trip on Tagit get in touch with me I’ll try and get ya all out for a days game fishing on my boat over summer, it’s no Tagit but it catches the odd Marlin. Or if you’d rather jump on for a days snapper fishing in the gulf I’ll do that too. My shout as long as you accept it as compensation for ya trip ya paid for on Tagit and put the matter to rest.

I’m not a charter, just a private boat but as no money will be changing hands it’s all good.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThankFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 2:53pm
ThankFish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

And i think it's bull**** that the other thread on the subject was locked

Censored
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThankFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 10:48am
ThankFish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Has anyone heard anything from Dave? Party
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:04pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Jesus Christ. Isn't he a forum moderator? This is all over Facebook now. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:50pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got hold of Tagit via phone call and he said he would refund everyone. He has been online but no contact ot further development with refund. It's poor form
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 5:31pm
MJ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No I have not heard from him either despite sending a PM quite a while ago. Hope he is OK or maybe gone for a break? He is a Mod so maybe Grunta knows his status?
Page  123 5>