Topcatch Shops Still Operating?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topcatch Shops Still Operating?
    Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 3:00pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi all, I'm a bit out of the loop. Does anyone know which Topcatch shops are still operating in Auckland, if any? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 5:47pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whangaparāoa is still open
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:30pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ok great, any chance you may have a contact number, I couldn't find one online? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 7:15pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 6:56am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Phone: 09 424 2358
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 2:41pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's the listed number, but it's not recognized when you call it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2024 at 3:43pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Pretty sure they are still operating
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 6:37am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I live around the corner - I'll drop in and ask when I pass by again.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phantom Menace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 8:25am
Phantom Menace View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

One of the guys in the Whangaparaoa store told me that the previous owners had bought the business back.  I suspect it was partially because they manufactured the Topcatch branded bait etc. so didn't want to lose a channel to market. (vertically integrated supply chain etc.)

I may be able to drop in over the next couple of days to check.  (I have also heard they are honouring vouchers previously sold)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2024 at 8:48am
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Jaapie Jaapie wrote:

I live around the corner - I'll drop in and ask when I pass by again.

Thanks, that would be great.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deltadreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 12:38am
deltadreams View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Clevedon was open when I was there last October, they were busy as the day I was there
Remember: it's not a fish until it's landed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2024 at 1:38pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Righto......following up with what I said I'd do.

Dropped into the Topcatch Whangaparaoa store and asked about the dead link phone number on the web page for Topcatch that I posted initially.

Cut a long story short - YES have been re-purchased and the original number is tied up into the liquidated business and they are playing hardball in not removing it.

Met new owner - RICH
This is the current and updated number for the store.

09 906 3927

I have no affiliation to the store - just trying to help original poster.

For future reference this is the link to the Topcatch website.

Hit store locator and it brings up current info viz Whangaparaoa and all other stores.