This is some serious bricks fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is some serious bricks fishing
    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 8:47pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some of the most extreme rock fishing I've seen. Southern coast of Australia.

And this one, massive samson fish (same jack family as our kingies) on a softbait in real tiger country, with a 20000 Stella and 140lb leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGUmIM3Uy94

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 10:02pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Certainly not for the faint hearted.  Much of his fishing is done on the southwest coast of Western Australia.  You have to give him top marks for effort.
Those blue groper go real hard apparently (never caught one myself).  They follow divers around like puppy dogs which makes them an easy target unfortunately.  Shooting one is frowned upon.  
Google Gido's Land Based Fishing Adventures for other vids.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:20am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Incredible arid landscapes and rock formations, and very wild. Thanks for clarifying the WA bit.i wondered if that was the case, when I saw the dhufish and the big Abrolhos soft bait paddle tail he was putting on in the first episode above.

Do you have any experience with those softies? The Saltfix guy uses them a lot for pinkie snapper, but they seem to be very localised to WA.

If things go wrong he's a long way from help, i presume.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:14am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gido is a beast. Some extreme fishing there. Love WA too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:35pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

👍WOW!!👍
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 2:41pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

... Do you have any experience with those softies? The Saltfix guy uses them a lot for pinkie snapper, but they seem to be very localised to WA.

If things go wrong he's a long way from help, i presume.

Using large soft plastics were the 'in thing' about 10 years or so ago.  I'm talking about from boats though, I can't comment about land based.  I've tried them and jigs on occasions and yes they work but I'm more of a bait fisherman.  Big SP tails I'm sure look good to a dhufish and eliminates some of the pickers.
The new 'in thing' over here are the Vexed Bottom Meats.  In reality though they are nothing more than a drift rig (strayline rig to you guys) and a fancy head.

The places Gido fishes are remote.  I've heard him talk of 2-3 hour walk ins.  Personally I don't think it is very smart to do solo missions into these places but he is entertaining.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:30pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Amazing stuff.  At least he's tied on.  Not like a lot of our late great rockfishing Darwin club members.

I've seen another one of his where he rapelles down about 100m, ropes himself onto a skinny little sloping ledge and fishes.  Much scarier than the 2 above fishing spots.  And he carries a drone down and flies it to show what a crazy place he's put himself in.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!