The usual web problem

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The usual web problem
    Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 7:50pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It has been discussed before - but how do you get around being told' you do not have permission to post on this forum'.
Incredibly frustrating and time consuming.
Have restarted computer, nope. logged in numerous times. Nope.
Finally it has let me do a new posting. Still not sure if I can post on threads. Spent half hr trying.
This website still needs fixing. People will just give up.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 8:50pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Ohhh dear, the only time I have u=issues is when I swap between browsers then it is simply a matter of logging in again. I'll get in touch with Grunta
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 8:41am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

PM me your contact details Alan and I'll give you a call. It sounds like you weren't logged in when you were getting that error for some reason but I'll get it sorted for you
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 9:04am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Likewise ... was denied access for 4 days & usual remedies would not work.

Finally tried closing down puter then starting again ... not sure if that was the reason for it to be restored ... however it did respond after doing so ... therefore worth a try.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 7:09am
Otto View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, finally managed to login again.
Have to keep changing browsers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 11:50am
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Guys getting sick of the issues with this site- Keep getting mobile view on PC, cant log in 1/2 the time, cant post  . I know things happen and tech has issues but getting beyond the joke now. alot of people dont post or even log in anymore 
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 12:46pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

I’ll get it sorted this afternoon for you when I get back to the office
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:30pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Grunta I still get the occasional page where posts are on the LH side of the page and a small box to reply is on the RHS.
The recent circle hook query post is an example.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 3:57pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Grunta kindly sent me a process & a supporting video to try.

Fairly certain I messed up & fed it the wrong info but the amazing thing is that it now shows me as being logged out however, if I ignore it completely
it changes to being logged in & functions accordingly.

Simply goes to show that being dumb can sometimes be advantageous !!!
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 6:03pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

Grunta I still get the occasional page where posts are on the LH side of the page and a small box to reply is on the RHS.
That's an issue when someone has quoted another post and done something with the content they've quoted. If you see any others let me know but I fixed the circle hook thread.

Mark - sent you an email.

Bazza - you're a bit of a mystery tour old chap but at least it's working. If you want to come over to the office I'll see what's going on with your 'confuser' 
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:47pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Originally posted by Fish Addict Fish Addict wrote:

That's an issue when someone has quoted another post and done something with the content they've quoted. If you see any others let me know but I fixed the circle hook thread ...
That sounds right.  The circle hook query thread reconfigured after Tzer's post as I recall.  It is still configured left on my desktop.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:02am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Maybe my laptop but only happens on Fnet,my mouse at times doesnt recognise "like button" at times or new posts,Anyone esle have this issue,works fine elsewhere.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:23am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

Maybe my laptop but only happens on Fnet,my mouse at times doesnt recognise "like button" at times or new posts,Anyone esle have this issue,works fine elsewhere.

I get that issue too. It's all the functions on that row. Try scrolling up (or s it down?) and that problem goes away. I have a buggy pc at the moment and thought it was just that but now you say it I don't get it on other sites
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:25am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK Ii just checked it, the problem only occurs to the top lines on a page if the screen hasn't quite been scrolled all the way up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 8:24am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Also links like  bold and edit etc... think has something to do with the servers the adds are linked to???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 10:40am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

For me that issue just applies to whatever is at the very top of the page.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 1:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

... If you see any others let me know but I fixed the circle hook thread ...

Fixed now  Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:23pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cheers - now I can spam and abuse and call the crap Big smile
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 10:40pm
Platinum
Platinum

Grunta - page 1 of Smudge's thread named Knives
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:15am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by scuzzymoto scuzzymoto wrote:

cheers - now I can spam and abuse and call the crap Big smile

Like all of us! Glad you're sorted Scuzzy
Page  12>