FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Tongariro Roll Cast

Page  <1 678
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:37pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Kyle Adams demonstrating the TRC at the August Trout Fest in Turangi.

Cheers

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:55pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi HerbSimon Pengelly here, I don't know if you remember me, though you were kind enough to share your time with me at TALTAC and the Sporting Life BBQ.I am finally and reliably, making beautiful TRCs, and wanted to say thank you for enabling me to get there. It is very much appreciated!It is a beautiful cast that allows one to become completely lost in the joy of fly fishing.I've attached a video of me practicing, it's not my most perfect cast, but one my wife managed to get on video.I'm not sure if this is still your email address, so if you could write back to confirm that would be great.Thanks and regardsSimon Pengell

I am so pleased to see that determination has got Simon to this stage.  

Rainbow

Ps Unfortunately the video is in a Mov format that this web site does not support.    All I can say is that Simon has nailed it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 4:49pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi All      After more then 10 years promoting the TRC through casting clinics at the National Trout Centre and helping dozens of anglers riverside I am pleased to announce that from 2019 The Manic Tackle Company has taken over the promotion of this beautiful New Zealand invented fly cast.  

Way back when I first saw it performed I immediately realised its potential and spend a huge amount of time struggling to come to grips with all the details needed to perform it well.   In the process I developed my own style which is somewhat different to that of the originators I tried to copy.    Regardless of style it is not an easy cast to learn and for that reason its userbase has not grown fast.     To make progress easier I developed a 4 phase teaching method, which has been widely adopted.     Throughout that time my main concern has been that with few practitioners this cast could have easily faded away or what would be worse could have been reinvented and renamed by someone from overseas.   

Now that its future is secured I can step back and let others continue its advocacy.    For me it is mission accomplished.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
Cheeko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Herb and I heard that the day went well from Kyle. Hard to believe its been over 20 years since I was shown the TRC by a couple of the Turangi crew. Cheers
Page  <1 678