The Softbait Hall of Fame

Page  <1 3839404142>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2cold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:52pm
2cold View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

DATE: 1st January 2012

ANGLER: Bryce

RIG: Shimano Saragosa 4000F, Composite Developments Dropshot, 8lb Fireline, Berkley Nitro 1/4oz 3/0 jighead, Nuclear Chicken Squid Viscious

Depth: 6m

Weight: 12.2kg (new PB)

Length: 98cm (skinny as fish)

Location: Cavalli Islands, within swimming distance of Matauri Bay

Fight time: 15mins (lots of great boat work by my little bro)

Boat: 5.7m Sea Nymph Hustler

Crew: Ryan and Tanner (both 14 and both did a great job on the wheel and net)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 7:07pm
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

solid work mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 8:54pm
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot, thats one serious fish. Fished the cavs on Sunday but nothing that bigLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rippin & Reelin Charters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 9:08pm
Rippin & Reelin Charters View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Troy got this 20lb snapp out side red Merc on Curry chicken 7inch sorf bait.
Rippin & Reelin Charters
Whitianga
http://www.rippinandreelin.co.nz
0274 824 630
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KimGorden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 12:06pm
KimGorden View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hubby holding the shark for me so i could put the rod down and grab a photo.
Sorry About the bad quality of the photo but our camera broke after 2 shots so had to use our mobile phone which doesn't like night time shots to much.
Caught this Hammer Head Shark on a soft bait which i thought was very strange. Has anyone else ever caught a shark on a softbait?  We released it.
Caught just off  Waiheke Island during Easter Long Weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:06pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have caught decent sized Thresher sharks on softbait, always hooked thru the tail. Someone on this site caught a Mako on a softbait a couple of years back I think?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 3:12pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Doubtless Bay snapper..  where else... LOL

21 pound on the dot....!!! 
Synit rod... 2500 Shimano Fireblood...  6 pound exceed Fireline... 10 mins of pure fun ....
Swallowed softie and gut hooked and bleeding so off to smoker...

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 5:15pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Beaut fish Johnboy well done mateClapClap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:01pm
bush billy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

COROMANDEL ISLANDS, FIRST SOTFBAIT FOR 2 YEARS IN THE CORO SP COMP
WEIGHT: ? 81CM PUT BACK AS OVER 60CM
ROD: LONG
REEL: ROUND 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:48pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Upgreat fish bushbilly. By any chance was that taken at happy jacks, there were some biggies there late afternoon on the 1st day of the comp.
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush billy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:01am
bush billy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Potty Potty wrote:

Thumbs Upgreat fish bushbilly. By any chance was that taken at happy jacks, there were some biggies there late afternoon on the 1st day of the comp.
yes and yes it was fishing well the 1st and 2nd day out that ways, just had to many fish jump from 50 to over 60cm for the comp 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mmackinven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 9:45am
mmackinven View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Here's some fish my brother, wife and I have nabbed from the Hauraki in the last yeari. We've found winter fishing to be the best. Nothing over 20lbs yet, but all caught on either 6lb or 8lb Fireline braid.

Me just out from Kauwau Island:

Brother in same spot, these 2 were caught 5 mins apart

Brother in the middle of the Hauraki

The wife, Kawau

The wife, this was caught just off Tiri Tiri

And a nice trev off Marsden pt, Whangarei

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fredrick 1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 7:13pm
Fredrick 1964 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My ratbag daughter caught this cute wee thresher on 6lb fireline crystal on my trout rod off Crusoe  Rock, Waiheke, a couple of months back.

We couldn't seem to hook any snapper so went down to a tiny #1 hook on a 1/8oz nitro jighead with a gulp 2 inch pretty coloured minow. 

It kept her entertained for a decent length of time.

Once we let it go the snapper fishing came back on (using decent sized Zmans on better sized jigheads, of course)

First one I'd ever seen. Never caught one myself either Cry

Fred

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingySlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:10pm
KingySlayer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Dam mate that is great. What an acheivement. Bet your wee ratbag was over the moon. Something many have not done and on a softie as well... Bravo
www.assassinsportsfishing.com
www.facebook.com/assassinjigteam
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cjvictoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 10:45am
cjvictoria View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

DATE: 2 april 2007

ANGLER: Kezza

RIG: Blue and White 5" shad

Depth: 37ms

Weight: 20kg

I got one with a scar on its face.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 6:56pm
Titanium
Titanium

Where is the pic?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote twistermc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:42am
twistermc View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was keen to start playing around with soft baits and decided to start small and target the rockpools and weed egdes from the shore.
On saturday i managed to catch my first yellow-eyed mullet.
Forgot the damn camera!
Fishing is like sex, the less you get, the more you lie.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:47am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yesterday at Dogger bank, Whangamata
9.34kg( first place in club Xmas ham comp) 80cm
6-10kg Offshore Illusion rod, 4000 Stella FD, 10lb Stren, 30lb Sunline fluro
Zman Creature s/bait,  1/2oz 3/0 jig head, 38m
PB on softbait
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 1:27pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Kevin!

As an aside, it seems strange that there have been so few posts in this thread over the past period. It begs the question whether some people have gone off softbait or just not catching big fish on SBs?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 1:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

legend. thats an awesome fish. at the right time too with the comp. well done
Page  <1 3839404142>