FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Softbait Hall of Fame

Page  <1 34567 42>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raumatibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 8:53am
Raumatibeach View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great photos there Nepptune, what sort of critter is that?Looks like some sort of spotted puka.

Also those Jigstar Africa field tester shirts are very cool, I bet you could sell a few truckloads of those.
Get off my lawn....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 5:02am
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thought you guys might enjoy this from the otherside of the pond...

My buddy Noweeds using my gear, Berkley Air 9ft and my Stella 6000 with PE 4 ( ok, not exactly light SB gear, but considering the grounds we were fishing, its about right ) in 26 metres of water over some nasty coral ledges...

2 OZ Nitro with a 7" Gulp Anchovy Jerkshad...

Good 10 minute tussel this and pushed the gear to the max keeping this critter out his hole...
The Battle...

And the Glory...
TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOTBODZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 8:08am
HOTBODZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Personal Best 26.02.11SmileSmile
16.5lb Snap caught off my jetski up Omaha way
1.5oz jig
7' New Penny
30 metres
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 5:46pm
fishkiller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

a few skippys i cought on a 3 inc soft bait fast retrived in front off them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:54pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice fish,well doneThumbs Up

Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Men In Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 7:00pm
Men In Black View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

That is one nice snapper there MarxClap in fact I would be happy with any of the ones you have thereWink
www.synit.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:54pm
marx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Caught just out of Ngunguru on 9th Jan in very unpleasant conditions

8.54kg on 8lb fireline

Thats a 10 inch chef knife

Science for the mind and Art for the soul.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 4:42pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

23 Dec 2010 Doubtless Bay  ..  Just in time for xmas for the BBQ lunch...

13.8 Pound on Shimano Ultegra 1000 reel , 6 pound braid and Starlo 3-5 kg rod..

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 9:49pm
PJay View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Christmas Eve, 2010.

Nick, PJay Son (NJay???), on La Vista on the afternoon when we arrived at Russell from Westhaven (129nm, 7 knots, do the maths...).

Had a SB fish on the Middle Foul on the way in to our mooring.

2 x 65cm, consecutive casts, both on the same Gulp! 5" jerkshad Curried Chicken on 1/2oz 1/0 jighead, in 38m of water.

A couple more fish later (guests to feed on Christmas Day), our half-hour fishing finished and we moseyed on in.
PJ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GAZRAE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 1:11pm
GAZRAE View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

DATE  Labour weekend2010

ANGLER  Bryce age12

RIG  diawa regal/okuma xfactor rod,9lb braid,1/2 oz nitro jighead

DEPTH  20m

WEIGHT  16lb

LOCATION  near top of coromandel,gulf side.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capnnod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 9:33am
Capnnod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hugh  aged 12, 13.5lb snapper on a 5" gulp nuclear chicken on an overhead set up, berkley IM6 dropshot rod, abu inshore reel, 8lb fireline braid on a 5/8 nitro jig head in 30 metres.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 7:30pm
Monty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Should have swapped it for a case, to a home sick POM, yep they yummy. "Penquin" you listening, oh thats right your a kiwi now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:44am
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Monk fish or star gazer, massive!
As a chef I can tell you they are great eating, very firm textured fish. One classic dish is to wrap the fillet in proscutto & roast until just cooked through. Yum!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gulpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 6:52am
Gulpy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Giant stargazer dam ugly , dam fine eating what a whopper

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote M@CC@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 9:27pm
[email protected]@ View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

MONK FISH???

DATE: November 2009
ANGLER: Aron

RIG: OffShore Illusion 6-10kg

2 oz head  Pink or yellow grub i think
Depth: 100m+
Weight: ? but dam ugly!
Fight time: small fight then Dead weight

Didn't know what the hell it was when it on board still didn't know what the hell it was after i threw it back over the side. Although there was plenty of laughs on board!LOL

Apprently very sought after??, still dam ugly could have opened a beer bottle on the top of his head

Fat bugger

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 6:38pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Maaate - great fish! Well done!

Did you win the tourny?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote choppys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 10:15am
choppys View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

DATE Auckland aniversary weekend 2009

ANGLER Shaun

RIG okuma inspira 3000, berkley precision tech tournament rod, 8lb fireline, 5" pink and white gulp

DEPTH 20ft

WEIGHT 15.04kg

LOCATION orere point

FIGHT TIME 1hr 45min

this fish won me the orere pt fishing competition, found a boil up and first cast was hooked, was a long battle to finally get it off the bottom, was down to about 5-10m of nylon left after the initial run but chased it down in the boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tennut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 7:39pm
tennut View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fozzie fozzie wrote:

15 lb snapper, caught on Diversity July 11th(2010) just off Colville.

4 oz Cyclops, and a black/blue CreatureZ lure.

My Soft plastics PB, watch out 20lbers, here I come!
               Thats a well conditioned  bugga alright,with nicely proportioned head to body,unlike some you see that are just big and fat with a small head,,,, and I tell you what ,, the fish aint too bad either!!LOL Well done Rex , great fish,hope to be kicking your butt, (fish wise!!) soon, Hi to Lediene.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mahiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:22pm
Mahiman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Good on ya Fozzie thats a nice fish alrightThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:10pm
fozzie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah but well worth getting cold for, Chris did a good job of putting us onto some good fish.
Dont take life too seriously.....no one gets out alive any way.
Page  <1 34567 42>