The Firth

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Firth
    Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:06pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got a day off tomorrow so wondering how the firth is fishing. Anyone seen workup?
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:10pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 12:24pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has anyone seen my mojo? Its old and probably grey. Seem to have misplaced it somewhere.
Very hard day in the wind, lots of 28cm to 30cm which I didn't want and 3 approx 34 cm.
I spoke to 2 other boat crews and they Had absolutely nothing.
Ahh well it happens.
Onward and upward
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 12:57pm
tjm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The usual story when some one says the fishing is hot,, LOL
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:45pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

Has anyone seen my mojo? Its old and probably grey. Seem to have misplaced it somewhere.
Very hard day in the wind, lots of 28cm to 30cm which I didn't want and 3 approx 34 cm.
I spoke to 2 other boat crews and they Had absolutely nothing.
Ahh well it happens.
Onward and upward
Refer "kaiua farm" thread. I couldnt catch a cold but "skumk" did ok. Others on return nil,same binned on 32s. December/January I have found the Firth hard.  Hoping wind might ease for late Manukau fish Saturday arvo on the low tide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 4:45pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out night before last to Waikawa farms to fish change of light. First bait fish for a long time using pillies. Plenty around the 300mm to 350mm size, kept 6 for dinner. Lots of boats around at the m moment so I think most fish have moved into deeper water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 11:26am
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone got any up to date info on the Firth, I haven't fished it for a blimmin long time but Sunday looks tempting.
I need to get rid of some cobwebsLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 6:25pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was fishing along the coast in about 8mtrs a couple of weeks ago and got a feed.

Last time I fished the farms was a couple of months ago and got some nice fish but I was fishing the furthest out farms off Waikawa.