Te Kouma, Coromandel

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Te Kouma, Coromandel
    Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 10:09am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Feeling a little bored on Saturday morning I decided to check out a few weather reports. Coromandel was looking good for Sunday so a quick phone call to Long Bay Campground and a cabin was secured for the night. Arrived late afternoon with a cold westerly blowing but forecast to drop out over night.
I asked the campground owner if sky TV was available in the camp kitchen, No, why? He asked. The allblack test of course I replied. He wasn't a fan of rugby but said we were welcome to watch it at his place. What a good bugger!!
Anyway, on the water at 8am greeted by perfect conditions. We didn't go far, straight out from Coromandel Harbour to 25m. Couldn't find much out there so decided to do the usual thing and fish close in to the islands. Plenty of berley saw us put 8 in the bin and tag about the same amount. Nothing of notable size. 36 to 42 cm. Smallest kept was 30.5cm as he'd gobbled down a double hook strayline rig.

Top 10 finish
2023 Grunter Hunter.