tauranga fishing

Page  <1 398399400
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 7:42pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

4th August
Decided at the last minute to go for a quick fish as I was supposed to go out yesterday but was unable to due to commitments I had forgotten about.
Launched at the Mount ramp at 10:30 and delivered my Trip Report to Tauranga Coastguard, then headed for the 5 mile. into a calm flat ocean.
Setup the Minnkota over a totally random spot that showed good fish near the bottom......could be snaps and maybe Teras.
Literally as soon as the oily barracouta baits touched the bottom it was all on.
Limit caught in just on one hour so pulled the pin and headed back.
Nothing big but all over 32cm.....Tera was a great size.
(Gave a couple of fish to a friend on the way home, thus the lesser fish number in pic.
High tide was at 11:00 am and major bite time was 15:18 - 17:18
02:57 - 04:57

I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 9:28pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great sign on the sounder. Gotta love those silver and blacks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 1:43am
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sure do but not many around at this time

I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:03pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So, there were a million trailers at sulphur point on Sunday, but nobody has posted any results?
I caught zilch. I was just in the harbour, but not even a bite.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 6:57am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did a solo trip across to the Knoll at Motiti first thing Sunday morning, first 6 baits resulted in hooking 6 school sharks, up anchor and moved to another spot, same thing again. Stuff that went chasing Terakihi, got 14 plus a lone snapper. Time to go out deep and try to get some puka, no puka but got 5 nice gemfish. So overall a great day out, first for a couple of months. Freezer full of vacuum packed fish again.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 7:28am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A bit further north, but we spent the day looking for a Tuna.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tedc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 26 minutes ago at 7:00pm
tedc View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I'm a bit slack. Looked at Middle ground, Norms and The Quarry. Fish some sign at MG for lots of undersized snaps and 2 reasonable snaps on the strayline. Move to a Karewa terakihi reef for more small snaps. Home by lunch after travelling 27nm, but a beaut morning out there with a good mate
Simon's situation was grave so he used gravy.
Page  <1 398399400