tauranga fishing

Page  <1 361362363364365 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done Hayden, I am not surprised that you were onto this already. 

The police have said it is OK to go out and get some exercise etc. So long as you are not driving around. I would say walking 100m from your house and wetting a line well away from the walking track along the waterways is well is still self isolating. I will be going down and trying it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:18pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I can tell it's an old photo Speedy. I was referring to people thinking it is a viable pastime during the lockdown in the coming weeks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
Gold
Gold

No Marligator. Read the news. Hunting and fishing = NO.
It has been cleared up and said over and over. The police have said it is ok to go for a walk because it is essential exercise. Can everybody stop interpreting the rules themselves and then saying it must probably do no harm to do.... The rule on fishing and hunting has been clarified. Only leave your house to go to the supermarket, for exercise or to go to the hospital. If someone sees you fishing they will photograph you and dob you in. Everybody is moaning about the "tourists" who wouldn't self isolate but here everyone is saying publicly that they will be breaking the rules.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:13pm
Gold
Gold

I have been building a fun "how to get through the lockdown" website.

Check it out
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:12am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That page is awesome CB! Thanks for sharing it with the team.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:36am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I havent done any fly fishing for quite some time but desperate times call for desperate measures.  I'm in Ngongotaha and my property borders the Waiteti stream. Its nine paces from my front deck and I have riparian rights. I don't think I'll be breaking any rules if I get too bored cleaning up my salt water gear and have a flick. 
 Bloody hell, its only day three. I've always looked at Home Detention as a soft option from the courts. I won't any more.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 3:19pm
Gold
Gold

Try this game if you are missing your fishing!
I made this website yesterday and just filmed this game today.
Share it around and email me your best "garden fishing" video.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mayhem_Fishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
Mayhem_Fishing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My projects from today - tying strayline rigs, snapper, tarakihi ledger rigs and a skute. Trying to beat the boredom! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 10:07pm
Gold
Gold

Nice, you should make up a load of those and sell them when the lockdown finishes. I would buy some.

Have you heard you can make poppers from a painted broom handle too? And mini Marlin type skirted kingy lures from an old screwdriver handle.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:27am
Silver
Silver

Just been thinking ...
With the lock down, and the current time of the year, the fishing stocks will only stand to benefit surely?
I am going to make a bait catcher out of a 2L coke bottle for the grand kids - to be used post lock down or in the goldfish tank (getting desperate folks!).
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 9:43am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Marligator, did you get my last pm. I attached a map to the bottom of the message instead of the top.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 2:23pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kitno, no i hadn't but have just sent you a PM. Cheers Vance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:32pm
Gold
Gold

Does anyone know roughly how long the snapper and kingfish usually hang around in the harbour? What sort of dates do they become less common?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:40pm
Silver
Silver

Good question CB!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:02pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Does anyone know roughly how long the snapper and kingfish usually hang around in the harbour? What sort of dates do they become less common?

I catch snapper between mid September through to mid or late May. October is my favorite month.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 6:17pm
Gold
Gold

What about kingies?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 11:59am
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

What about kingies?

Dec to early May would be the peak season,depending on water temps and how long the baitfish hang around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:30pm
Gold
Gold

Beauty. So it looks like we could get a few weeks yet!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:51pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here's hoping! Water temps are still holding up.

Our last King taken the weekend before lockdown.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:09pm
Gold
Gold

Was that in the harbour CD?
Page  <1 361362363364365 413>