tauranga fishing

Page  <1 336337338339340 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:48pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:58pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Having a change of scenery for a week at Houhora. Beautiful part of the country.  Only bought up my 12f tinny so staying in the harbour. Getting a feed of small snapper and getting bloody proficient at targeting big sting and eagle rays albeit by accident.
A boat came into the game club last night and weighed a 247.5 kg blue.  Impressive fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got out this morning 
Didnt expect to given apparent cyclone, water like glass
KY everywhere
Saw a few kings, one hassled livie by nothing more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Best Intentions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:31am
Best Intentions View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished the Mount Entrance yesterday just after low tide.  Did well on snapper and hooked a few large bronzies or similar breeds that are still swimming with some of our gear still in their mouths.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 7:22pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

slayed it today. 1st time ever :) 3 of us unintentionally got our  limit of snapps motiti spit. in 3hours.  7am till 10am   contant fish . caught nothing under 30. threw back anything under 35cm.. all around 40cm. strayline got 1 all day... rest caught on 4 ounce sinker above swivel. 2 metre trace. 5/0 hook.
couple of 50 sumfn cm trevally. nice calm day.
what more can a man want  on his 1 day off a week :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 9:35pm
Big horse View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished out fo Thornton beach 7am to 1130 softbait on JetSki, only one bite and no fish, worst fishing day I’ve had
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:02pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bait freezer looking rather low so shot out too Pudney this arvo,Skippys around Pudney but nothing sighted on the way or returning home.Blue and white BM chicken the flavour of the day,12 in the bin lost about the same number.Blue water from 40m+.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:10pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

big horse
i tried googling it but wheres thornton beach? katikati in the harbour?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:20pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Badger99 - Thorton is the mouth of the Rangitaiki River, between Matata and Whakatane
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 10:26pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cheers :)
did you head out today?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:31am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No, I am heading out today and tomorrow to do the Wrightson's tournament.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 4:57pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

On the water at 7am this morning and out to Pudney.  Half a dozen skippies then back to a spot off Matakana. Two limits of snapper in under two hours. I was messing around with a stray line and a micro jig and got four.  The wife got the rest on a ledger with an 8/0 hook.  Frozen skippy or fresh kahawai were the baits. Didn't seem to make a difference which one. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

How far along Matakana Kev?
I was in 14-18 mtrs, Tga side of Karewa, hooked up to a kingi for about 90 mins before I landed him ( on sb rod, lol)
Saw plenty of snapper sign as I was being towed around the oceanBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:04pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gidday Bill
Basically straight in from Karewa in 58ft.  When I was pulling up my burly pot it seemed to get stuck but felt a bit strange. I pulled it loose and it was was followed up by the biggest bronzie I've ever seen. Well over three metres.  Few teeth marks in the pot.
Good effort with the king.  How big was it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I got a rough measure @+/- 1mtr but not accurate.
Will try & load the screen shot I took of the distance covered while hooked up..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 7:55pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:59pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can anyone give any advice on kingfish tips and spots in the harbour from a boat with live bait during the day? I only really go out with the family on nice days, around lunch or afternoon. I don't have trouble catching livies but have never had one taken by a kingfish. I rarely see kingfish, maybe I'm in the wrong spots or rigging them wrong. Two were swimming around my live bait at the weekend but ignored it.
Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:40pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Which end of the harbour are you fishing?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 4:57pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Mount end, generally closer to The Mount / Hunters Creek, but I can and often do go in as far as Omokoroa / Motuhoa.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mayhem_Fishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:43pm
Mayhem_Fishing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi CB, my suggestion would be idling the boat against the current next to the two closest channel markers to A bouy as you want to avoid the power cable. Try a running rig with a big sinker above the swivel and a live bait bridle rigged onto a 8/0 recurve hook.

Different subject- I have a comp on this Saturday and am keen to have a look for a gurnard, anyone seen any lately?

Thanks
Page  <1 336337338339340 414>