Taupo Rotorua Update

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taupo Rotorua Update
    Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 7:06pm
fush View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well my wife is about to divorce me as I have been spending to much time fishing. That could be a good thing as it could increase my fishing time or it could be a bad thing as I would have to cook and clean for myself which would lesson my fishing time. So its about time to compromise

Rotorua
Ohau channel. About 3 weeks back had a cheeky fish here. A couple of guys had spent the day and had a couple of 11 - 12lb rainbows. with only a couple of days to closing you had better get to this spot quick smart if you are after that big one.
Nongataha. As you would expect this river has fish throughout and has been producing well. Spent a bit of a day here with bushkid. We had a ball fishing side by side landing fish after fish. Back there Friday for the last day of the sesson
Rotoma. If you havnt done this little gem before then give itg a nudge. The lake is high but there are plenty of fish along the beach and good size. Not table fish as they are all into spawning
Rotoiti. Been producing the most consistant number of trophy fish. Cant say anything more than you need to get there sometime in the next month as its the number 1 pick in the rotorua region. Will be there fri night for sure
Okataina. Was fishing well in May prob the hot spot in the Northern region . However the 60 odd fish at the beach are now well educated and things have slowed down
Okereka. Plenty of fish at the ski lane. If you are looking for peace and quite then this is the spot.
Waikaremoana. The rivers produced some great dry fly fishing in May. The best fish I have heard come out of here is 14lb. Spawning runs have been a little slow.

Taupo
Waitahanui. Very slow with the last real descent run over 3 weeks ago. Had had some great moments
Tauranga Taupo. Geeting ore than its share of attention. Has fished better than the Tongariro for most of the winter. Fishing has not been good enough the past 2 weeks to get my attention
Waimarino. If you looking for some untouched water take a walk from the road bridge to the winter limits.
Tongariro. Has started to produce fish in the last two weeks. Drop into sporting life and get some green caddis if you want to see some serious action. Glow bugs also working morning and evening. Lots of fish in some pools not enough in others. Angler pressure really makes Sat fishing hard. In saying that have just laid a plan to fish there sat morning as this weekend was just to good to miss again this week. Make a plan to fish mid week and really enjoy yourself

There we have it I am off fishing - just promised my wife ill be home late sat or sun morning. Then my leave pass runs out for july so its fishing closer to home and no more weekends away till August