supplier info

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 9:08pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty sure the Spencer family could not secure a buyer for fryan so closed it down
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:27pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

Pretty sure the Spencer family could not secure a buyer for fryan so closed it down

Maybe they anticipated the covid lead demand for their base product ... namely toilet paper, therefore would make sense to concentrate on
the profit to be generated from the hungry hordes hell bent on stockpiling as much as they can get their hands on each time we go into shutdown. 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:20pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Job completed.
Had some pics to upload. But the latest Microsoft update my computer insisted on seems to have put pictures out of the question. Can't get them from my phone to laptop. hate this technology.
Forecast good tomorrow. Just have to remember not to take on 2m greenies again.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:56pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got a spare template if any one cracks Fyran 530 screen :-)
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:05pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Well done ... looks better than the original.

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah very cool
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:13am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good work. Maybe you could put a how to write up in the boating section, for future reference. It seems like a good project. I'm sure that someone else will need to do the same.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:04am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

OK - will do.
Next time would try a slightly different approach. But took about 4-5 hrs all up.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:52am
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Well done. Great job.. Can certainly save a lot if you do jobs yourself..Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:05am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is real cool..
 Definitely need a how to write up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OuttaHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:45am
OuttaHere View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great stuff. How did you transfer the curved original to the template? Tape a big big sheet of paper to it and trace the outline or something?

EDIT: Be worthwhile re-making the little corner pieces from your offcuts to complete the refreshed look?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:50pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rozboon - that may be a very rainy day project. Prob just requires removing the top frame. Hmm. Maybe.
To answer your Q
I laid the original on the new sheet of perspex. The bit across the mid screen is relatively flat - easy. You may notice on one pic the original has a line of tape - holding the two halves together. Taped it both sides before removing from frame.
When I had transferred the front piece profile I rolled it along one curve - partly. And there was some flex in the sheet below - so a combo of rolling the original on the curve and pulling the sheet up to meet it part way. The template profile turned out perfect to the mm - it has to fit inside the corner piece frames.
I did do center marks (top and bottom) on the frames and original screen before removing - then transferred the screen center marks to the perspex profile template. Used those as locating points every time the pieces were moved.
Regards
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 5:39pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kimber7wsm kimber7wsm wrote:

Good work. Maybe you could put a how to write up in the boating section, for future reference. It seems like a good project. I'm sure that someone else will need to do the same.

Yeah me
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 5:59pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You did very well, I have enjoyed reading about the process.Clap
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:52pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by kimber7wsm kimber7wsm wrote:

Done - in Boating - DIY windscreen job.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Page  <12