FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stray lining, your methods for success?

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 57 minutes ago at 11:24pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Think you got more flip flops in that post than a jandle factory fizz!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 13 minutes ago at 4:08am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Alot of great info and ideas still being posted on Straylining FF, got one more to add. If your running a two hooked snell tied rig, iv'e found alot of guys tie there hooks to close together. I only run two hook rigs and find from experience they have better hook up rate on the big fish. I space mine about the length of a big Kahawai fillet apart. Also if you need a sinker for areas with more current to get it down have it in between the hooks. This reduces the sinker sliding up trace line and tangling with your swivel or clip. We have all seen this! When other Fisho's first see my Strayline rigs, its always wot the hell are you fishing for SharksLOL. I say no Big Snaps! Theres one guy down here Aaron who I post with sometimes replicates my methods exactly and he has caught more big Snaps in last two years than his last fourty fishing, including P.B. Also hook sharpness, spend a few secs to make sure they super sharp before sending down. i use a small flat chainsaw file. Alot of the fancy ones you can buy loose there point after a trip or two.                                                                                                 Off the subject- Those Dickey boats hardly get a mention on here until a few posts back, but i reckon best looking trailor boat around. One down here think 8.5 metre, makes the others boats look inferior! 
Page  <123