Specs & opinions on Fyran Pro 17 (1997)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pcreso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Specs & opinions on Fyran Pro 17 (1997)
    Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 11:21am
pcreso View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, I'm considering buying one of these, I'm interested in knowing the hull plate thickness (genuine alloy boat or big tinny) and any opinions advice anyone here has to offer?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Denny Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 5:43pm
Denny Boy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi-this unit I'm pretty sure is the same as the very first boat that I had which was a late 80's or an early 90's Fyran. (wasn't called a pro 17 then can't remember but it was 14-15 feet long). It was a good little entry boat, easy to manouvre around around and compact. I had a lot of fun with it however, mine was a riveted vessel and it did have issues with some coming loose so that would be something to watch for. If yours is welded then there should be no issue. Also depending on the motor size it has on it you will need a minimum of 40hp. I had some power issues with the 30hp mine came with so wound up putting a tiller 40hp Mercury on it. Ok power then with 2-up but still struggled if I had a 3rd person....so depending on what you are after? I think from memory the hull was 4mm and the sides 3mm....I could be corrected on that.