Seminar feedback?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seminar feedback?
    Posted: 29 Sep 2002 at 7:06pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interested to here from those of you that attended?...value for money?...learn anything new?...waste of time?...
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cullum penman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2002 at 7:32pm
cullum penman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Howzit Kezza
Wasn't planning to go up to the seminar but my mate scored
some tickets .
I was reluctant to go at first as I thought it would be same old stuff being repeated .
But I was absoulutely stoked I went by the end of the night .
The seminar was fantastic weather you were you are an expert or an amatuer you would have
learnt a heap .
Well presented Matt seemed to be an allround good bugger .
If anything he ran out of time as the new info just kept on coming .
One bit of advice Kezza charge more , $15 is to little $25 should be more like the amount charged .
U cant put a $ value on the information implemented and I will be definetly be implementing some new techniques
onto the boat this coming season .
Well done Kezza !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2002 at 9:18pm
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Kerren,

Well done for putting in so much work and organising last night - much appreciated. Appealed to all levels I think - obviously impossible to satisfy all the people all of the time. The only time I thought things dragged a bit were  when Matt was covering things I thought I already knew(but that's just being selfish!). I will certainly be trying dacron loops this season and I think the thing I gained most from the evening was sorting out the relationship between single hooks and very light drags and dacron loops and in general the connection between the way you rig lures the different way of fishing them. This nicely rounded out the thoughts I have been having over the last couple of weeks about lure rigging (some of which I've been boring people with on this board) and served to settle in my mind several issues. In general a great night, but if I can have one tiny gripe, there were no drinks that weren't beer - what about the drivers!

Again, well done and thanks a lot,

Obald

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2002 at 5:57am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great night Kerren.
Whens the next one, Im gonna have to go to that as well. For a complete novice like me, I tended to be almost overawed by the info that kept on coming my way. So much to learn and so little space to store it in.
Was most impressed with Auckland Marine. Prices are great. I did my TLD15 price test and they came out great. (TLDs being my favorite types of reels). I will be getting most of my gear there from now on.
Thanks to all and thanks to all the sponsers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2002 at 7:19am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks guys!...awesome feedback!

Obald..sorry about the lack of non-alcoholic drinkies mate...we honestly had intended to have stores of those but was over-looked in the end!...appologies mate and not good enough.

The next one will be in about a month and have almost "sold-out" again, so phone Pat (09 579 7901) to register your interest.

On behalf of Matty and mayself I would like to thank our very own, Jacko, for the awesome video production and for filming the seminar!...If anyone has any video production requirements...He is da MAN!!

Was great finally putting faces to names..will keep yas posted!
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05