Sea Nymph Gullwing owners help please

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tim84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:18am
Tim84 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys, I think I recently bought the yellow Sea Nymph V146 with the 90hp 1988 Yamaha that was mentioned on here earlier. It's still looking good and going strong! I am doing some mods though, on of the main things I wan't to do is replace the windscreens, it's a 3 panel model, reasonably flat so I can easily re-cut the acrylic myself, just need to find the rubber for fixing it back in, it's a bit old and dry so needs a re-fresh. I've read on a forum I need something called a claytonrite tool to fit the locking bead. Has anyone replaced their Gullwing Windows? I
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can buy the tool for around $10/ $20.
I can only speak for the Commander..
 Side widows are relatively flat... easy to cut.
 Do not cut to the shape of the old ones... thu may use as a guide. Make a template to exact size, gaps (cant rem the gaps now.. I worked out for myself from the rubbers size.

The front window has a sight curve in.. when cut and put in leave the acrylic out in the sun on a hot day, then fit in.

There are couple a FB page on sea nymph gull wings.. one more NZ SN thu a few yanks asking stuff for their alloy US SNs.. and the other seems US SN stuff.

OH bit basic stuff.. when putting in the rubbers , the join ALWAYS goes at the bottom...and a blob of automotive windscreen urethane on the join.  Doesnt hurt to also put a bead inside the cabin side of the rubber.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Check the rubber for signs of wear,only want to the job once. And the new rubber is slightly thicker and windows need trimming to suit.I found out the hard way . End up taking new rubber and old window to car glazier.Perfect sizing when fitting,plenty soapy water. The tool was 17$ from comac.co.nz

Think the new rubber is 1mm shallower than the old.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 5:22pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My two cents worth.

I refer to rubber trim particularly external.

I've used a few products over the years but came across a product that solved a few issues that were quite a problem.

My worst problem was a leak in a sunroof in the cruiser.
I googled all the solutions and dealt with all the suggestions.lincludinding drain pipes being blocked, channels being blocked till I got to the point it was the dry rubber seals which actually didn't look that dry being leakers.
So I purchased a product from repco, branded "play dead" rubber rejuvenate.
Almost immediate results.
I've now used this on a range of machinery, vehicles etc. it works brilliantly.
It swells the rubber and thus rebuilds the seals to stop water ingress.
It's a winner in my book.
I've used quite a few variations of these products over the years not to much gain.
This one has.

Success is success.

Worth considering I suggest.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Page  <1 234