SB rod, what's people are using nowadays.

Page  <1 56789 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:06am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

twin power 3000 reel and dialuna rod - awesome set up!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 7:12am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Synit Hellbent is still going strong. Currently matched with a twin power 4000.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 4:56pm
Sezza View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

I just got a Shimano Stradic and ShadowX Nano. Very eager to go and test it out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2018 at 6:28pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Sezza Sezza wrote:

I just got a Shimano Stradic and ShadowX Nano. Very eager to go and test it out!

Awesome combo Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 700 LTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 8:25am
700 LTR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have an ocean angler micro wave V2 with a Stella 2500 that's my got to set up also just picked up a Catch pro series rod with a abu garcia roxani 3000 which i'm keen to try out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MuscleMyHustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 7:56pm
MuscleMyHustle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I myself am using a CD extrasense 8 footer. I think these are the best rods on the market. Weight, feel, build quality. Can’t go wrong.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 9:49pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MuscleMyHustle MuscleMyHustle wrote:

I myself am using a CD extrasense 8 footer. I think these are the best rods on the market. Weight, feel, build quality. Can’t go wrong.

Yep got one myself love it lite as a feather great caster and plenty of power.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mischief1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 8:28pm
Mischief1410 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by rockz rockz wrote:

What model Dailuna rod are you refering to? S706M BS, S710MH BS or something else??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:32pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Mischief1410 Mischief1410 wrote:

What model Dailuna rod are you refering to? S706M BS, S710MH BS or something else??

either of those two would be great, I quite like the 7'10" with a 4000 twin power and 15lb braid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mischief1410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:46pm
Mischief1410 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Mischief1410 Mischief1410 wrote:

either of those two would be great, I quite like the 7'10" with a 4000 twin power and 15lb braid.

Thanks for the reply. I'm only going off what I've read on here. Does the BS series have the short butt's? The ones I've seen being used on Big Angry fish look painfully short.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 7:24pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah they're certainly shorter than 'normal' but the blanks are so light I don't think you would fish it under the arm anyway.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 8:24pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I tried the longer Dialuna in store alongside the 7'6" and 8' Daiwa rods and under load with the shop assistant there is a definite difference in the way they 'fold away', the power lower down, and how they feel in terms of the pivot point with the reel.It comes down to personal preference, but I liked the Daiwa more.

Same thing with the CD Rods mentioned on here, versus say the Ocean Angler Microwave. Totally different feel in the hand with the thin, short grips on the CD Rods, versus the much thicker grips on the Daiwa, OA and most other rods.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 8:33pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Out of all the Shimano softbait rods I like the Expride best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Daiwa AGS rods are exceptional - they are sold as Battler model in Australia and Morethan model from Japan. Very light and super sensitive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Colombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
Colombo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Light work (Rangi Channel): light Gen Black + Twin Power 3000

Heavy work (Rangi Puta): Yeeha 704 Custom - Twin Power 4000

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Twocan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 9:02pm
Twocan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ocean Angler Calamari Stick, minus an eye and just landed an 88cm kingy out of 6m of water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote panamanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:27pm
panamanz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Daiwa certate 3000 reel and daiwa black slugger. Very good setup caught plenty of good size snapper and kingies.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jack.worthington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 6:21pm
jack.worthington View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Shimano Teramar with a Penn Spinfisher 2500.

Has anyone used an OA Microwave v2? Not sure about the microwave guide system does it actually make a difference in casting length?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 6:52pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have the V1 of the Microwave and it goes well. Fairly crisp in action, and the main microwave guide seems to be very effective. I don't think it will make an average caster brilliant - as so much depends on technique - but it certainly isn't a detriment.
The obvious thing with the V2 is the lack of a hook holder, which means you have to attach your jighead to a rod guide foot or similar. I'm not a fan of doing that, as it must result in wear and tear over time.

Both the Microwaves have a really good Fuji reel seat and long foregrip which feels better in the hand to me than a short grip on some rods. I think they had them for $200 at the opening of Marine Deals' store, and at the Boat Show. If you can get one for that, I reckon it's great value.

Kaveman's rods have had good reports from people on the forum and they are quite light I believe.

The Daiwa Slugger mentioned above is a nice rod. I enjoy using mine in situations where I want to use a bigger jighead or hope to tangle with bigger fish. It's definitely heavier than the Microwave. About the same length.
Its smaller brother, the 7' 6" Supercasta, in the TD series, is a really nice rod. Softer in the tip and lighter allround. I use mine in the summer with light jigheads and where the fish are only ever going to be pannies.

Both of the Daiwas have Fuji K Guides, and I reckon i can cast as far using them as the Microwave.

As you will see, if you read this whole thread, opinions differ - usually because of a fisho's preference when it comes to rod action. Some of the rods mentioned feel way to soft in action to me, but that's just preference. Mighty Boosh tried the Microwave and sent it back. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 7:16pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I purchased an Ocean Angler Microwave V2 and don’t regret it.
Very light and sensitive enough to pick up fish that softly take a softbait as not all fish are reckless.

As mentioned above, the lack of a hook holder to control your hook during transportation is a disappointment but fortunately the guides have an inner ring so attaching your hook to the outer ring causes no harm.
I often attach it to the guide  frame as these are stronger.

I also have a Berkeley Dropshot IM6 and a Offshore Illusion softbait rod. They are both capable rods as well but around 100mm shorter and slightly less sensitive tip action.
Page  <1 56789 10>