FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reel bearings

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:12pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If you think the bearings are stuffed, rip the shields off them, clean them with carb cleaner and apply some marine grease and see if that fixes them. If it doesn't and they're still shot, download the schematic from the shimano website 
http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/Reel_Schematics.html find the bearing code and then give Hunts in Milford, Jeff Murray out West, or swordfish steve here on the forums a bell and ask for that part number. 

hth

B

I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14thebin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 9:40pm
14thebin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, Anyone know what the bearing identifications/ numbers are for the Shimano stradic 2500 fi reel. I have pulled the reel apart, cleaned it and it still feels gritty. Must be the bearings I think. Also is their a supplier you have used that can send them direct. I am hoping that the shielded ball bearings are not unique and that you can get them from a reasonable bearing supplier?
Page  <12