Ramp And Water Access Data Base

Page  <1 23456 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramprage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 9:37pm
ramprage View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The ramp at kawakawa bay around clevedon area,could someone give to info
on the new ramp,Its a great looking ramp and can the public use it if they pay,its gets a 10 out of 10 in my books. All tide access,grone to protect you while retrieve your boat,pontoon to stand on while wait .A model ramp that all councils should look at,i wonder how much it cost..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote loryda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 9:39pm
loryda View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The Builder - How do you find MBBC ramps? Im currently in the works of getting my application filled out and processed, lookinf forwards to a breakwater, easterlies be damned, im going fishing! haha
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shadz8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2007 at 5:29pm
Shadz8 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some info for Z pier public ramp users.. the public ramp is up for an upgrade.. ie replacement.. this is not a short job and is going to be EXPENSIVE but alot of the things that are wrong with it are going to be put right.. night lites, new piles and resurfacing of the ramp, new floating jetties and open face cleats... I believe this will start next year or possibly late this year.  they may also make them longer..

yay!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2007 at 8:24pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

i was looking thru my fishing dairy and it has pages of boat ramps and tips..go get one
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2007 at 9:19pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

where ya get that from tobez? local tackle stores?

LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote empty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 9:34am
empty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

have a look in the back of a wises map book the a pagine on ramps in the auckland area
this is a great idea but wouldnt it be better to have a separate post for each ramp to make it eiser to find the info on that ramp
what happened to the pissing man?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Quo vardis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2007 at 9:41pm
Quo vardis View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i agree that seperate posts would be better, i know of one ramp listed in more than one publication which longer exists.
If the conditions are marginal, you need a bigger boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 4:29pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've just updated the Matakawau ramp info at the bottom of page 2 with the recent upgrades .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2007 at 2:57pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Northland ramps ---> http://www.nrc.govt.nz/Living-in-Northland/On-the-water/Boat-ramps-and-maps/

Wish other councils had this type of info!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pesertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2007 at 12:08pm
pesertin View Drop Down
New User
New User

http://www.northlandfishing.net.nz   (no relation to this site) has a list of ramps in Northland and welcomes input from readers. Could become the resource you are looking for if enough people are willing to participate. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007 at 10:52pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Taipa.
For those of you planning on heading north, Taipa is an all tide dual concrete ramp with a pontoon and good parking...  You can pull up to the pontoon and drop off your person to retrieve the car and trailer.. However its a bit of a mission at dead low tide to pass the painter rope around the poles to bring it to the ramp..  At low tide we simply disembark as per normal at the ramp... A fair current can run per tidal stream both ways on the outgoing and incoming tide .. The trick is to hold the bow of the boat against the current direction and have the driver deliver the trailer on an angle to accommodate retrieval.. 

The ramp and the Pontoon at the end of the Wharf..

On leaving the ramp, stay in the channel.. (the deeper water is easily seen) and on exiting and entering the river mouth,  an"S" movement is required to exit/enter...
As always if unsure..  ask a local..

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 10:22am
Titanium
Titanium

Mangonui.. Mill Bay..
All tide dual concrete ramp with a pontoon and reasonable parking.. can get cluttered in summertime.. As the name denotes .. Mill Bay is "mostly' like a mill pond with an easy launch.  Long pontoon allows 3 boats to tie up.. and another can be taken around the end to the opposite side.. Excellent for solo launch and retrieve

The parking along the road

The Ramp and Pontoon..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007 at 7:07pm
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for that Fishmn, very informative as I will be heading up that way in Feb. You couldn't give me a opinion on Tokerau Beach launching could you? 5.8m Ali.

cheers
Peter J
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 2:43pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hi Roto... Haven't Launched there... but would depend on wind and sea state..  Timber from road to mean high water, good parking.. 4wd country ... Back to Taipa could be an option if the sea state doesn't allow launch..  within 20-25 mins away..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 3:07pm
Platinum
Platinum

cheers M8Thumbs%20Up, will hit up the locals at the camp for info. Hope they got a tractor for launchingConfused. Can't wait, exploring new fishing possies, catching my first stick face n puka. Should be good.Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 3:14pm
Titanium
Titanium

Give me a PM in Feb and Ill catch up with you to wet a whistle or two... bring my laptop and show you the line we normally run ... starts about 5 miles out off the top of Kari Kari Pen end... Apparently you can launch at Perehipi Bay ???? .... where will you be staying..??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007 at 5:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

Will do FishmnThumbs%20Up, Staying at Whatuwhiwhi camp from Waitangi day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2007 at 11:02am
Barfly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Launching from Tokerau beach is possible, though you may have to push the trailer out a fair distance at the Whatuwhiwhi end. There is good access all along the beach from Ramp road to Whatuwhiwhi. Personally I gave up launching off the beach, and prefer to go in at Perihipe Bay - follow the road around past the Fire station at Whatuwhiwhi. DONT take your vehicle along the beach past the small creek where it exits over the sand, or you will get stuck, trust me!  Better to launch at the far left hand side, park the tow vehicle high up on the beach so you dont obstruct access for others. Please take care  - lots of children swim at this delightful spot. Lock your vehicle !

Another great spot is Matai Bay, not too far on past Whatuwhiwhi, with easy launching of the beach in most winds/tides.
Petrol/deisel is available from the Whatuwhiwhi store, or fill up as you pass Taipa.
Enjoy!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2007 at 9:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

Whangaroa Ramp.
 (Need to get petrol from Kaeo)  Good sheltered concrete ramp all tides but can be slippery and difficult for larger boats at dead low.. Limited parking but normally not a problem apart from xmas holidays where it can get congested and a wee walk is in order.. If self launching there are poles to tie up to.. 

The ramp at half tide...

The Harbour entrance with Stevensons Island some 2-3 miles out  (left background..)

The entrance from hill top in the inner harbour.. Tauranga Bay just around the background  point on the right..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007 at 3:23pm
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for that Barfly, after talking with the camp they have confirmed that launching is at perehipe, so thanks for the heads upThumbs%20Up I heard Matai was a bit dodgy, like you may come back from fishing and find your vehicle or trailer is no longer there sort of dodgy.
Page  <1 23456 10>