FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proposed Cannabis Referendum (personal use)

Page  <1 456
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:03am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I’m the same Steps,I dont have my feet firmly on either side of the argument and as a non smoker of anything the rule change doesn’t effect me too much directly.

What we know and which isn’t manipulated is the war on drugs started by Nixon is a complete dismal failure - drugs are way more prolific than before he penned a war on drugs. So with that knowledge what do you do?...some countries legalised and it reduced the trouble and cost of drug use in the community so more and more countries removed the crime aspect and thats where NZ is at.

My taxes paying for courts and enforcement and imprisonment could be better spent...ideally increasing fish stocks and bettering the environment.

Makes my blood boil when I see gang members and associates who dont work or contribute have millions of dollars of assets and thumb their nose to the public. Look forward from having some of their wealth and power eroded.   
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:47pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Its quite the debate huh?

There is always one question for me though that settles it.

Are those who support legal use of cannabis happy with the following after a good long weed sesh.

Nurses looking after you or family.
Surgeons about to slice you.
Bus drivers taking your kids or family on a drive.
Builders doing your home.
Cops!
And so and on....oh hang lets go there, you happy to have our politicians have a smoke up. I am sure a lot may well do judging by policies and all the hand wringing. 

Remembering that all those jobs require you to be professional and maintain a certain amount of "high" LOL self standards. And I can think of a few more stressful jobs where a good ol smoke might help them wind down ready for next day.

It is already going on and has been for decades.
The term used is "functioning addicts"
That term has been bandied around as justification and proof by those in favour of legalization for ages.

I do not really care either way.
As long as it is regulated and Policed properly.
In support 100% of medicinal marijuana which was the Trojan Horse used to bring wholesale legalization to the table.
Take care.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:47pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Real Deal,you mention Nixon to wage a war on drugs,Now which country helped Afghanistan to grow poppies??

U.S. officials are painfully aware that Afghan land made fertile thanks to several hundred millions of dollars from U.S. taxpayers now produces narcotics for American and European addicts.
water water everywhere,how many fish does it hold?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:06pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Opiates gotta come from somewhere right?
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 5:13pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

PJC I cant state anything other than simple concepts as everything else is labeled as nonsense or twisted to fit or manipulated hehehe

But yes the CIA themselves brought mountains of drugs into America’s apparently most in coffins labeled as GIs this was done to fund the US black budget to continue manipulating politics of other countries under the radar. Old news these days and plenty of docos, biographies and movies on that subject.

Peace out :-)
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:18pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hypothetically I'd be really be concerned about my kayak's stability after being effected by marajuana consumption. One reason I'll seldom take more than a couple of beers out is my preference to remain stable (admitedley is an Ocean Kayak not a Viking) , also retiaining my will to paddle home, and not needing to take leak in confines of a yak.
Also as a kayaker I always worry about jet ski persons in my vicinity, and would really worry that stoned ones might not see me in my kayak.
So even if dope might be nice to try for bit of legal THC arthritic pain relief for my presently very sore hip. I am still very much on fence on issue, particularly if I can't kayak safely afterwards.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:36pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Hypothetically I'd be really be concerned about my kayak's stability after being effected by marajuana consumption. One reason I'll seldom take more than a couple of beers out is my preference to remain stable (admitedley is an Ocean Kayak not a Viking) , also retiaining my will to paddle home, and not needing to take leak in confines of a yak.
Also as a kayaker I always worry about jet ski persons in my vicinity, and would really worry that stoned ones might not see me in my kayak.
So even if dope might be nice to try for bit of legal THC arthritic pain relief for my presently very sore hip. I am still very much on fence on issue, particularly if I can't kayak safely afterwards.

Good pragmatic approach there shaneG

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:14pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Pragmatism .. comes from being a gurnard fisherman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Pragmatism .. comes from being a gurnard fisherman.

You are a very wise man ShaneG

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:12am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The thing is, this is already the case far too often.. which makes the issue of legalisation almost a moot point.
 Almost a moot point in the question arises if there would be more consumption by more because it becomes legal or not.

My belief at the moment is there would more people consuming inappropriately.
 Add that to the current cannabis and current alcohol consumed inappropriately..
Have a beer , or 2 out on the water and most are ok.. have a smoke , or just a couple tokes and people on today quality are rather stoned..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:22am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Forget the getting stoned and going kayaking. Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:23pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

....Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.

Hmmm.As someone who lived in Southampton for a long time, and a Saints fan, I was always under the impression that down Portsmouth way it was either the sister or the daughter.

Brian

(Only joking!)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pompey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 5:35am
pompey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by brmbrm brmbrm wrote:

[QUOTE=pompey]....Take the wife or girlfriend to bed instead.

Hmmm.As someone who lived in Southampton for a long time, and a Saints fan, I was always under the impression that down Portsmouth way it was either the sister or the daughter.

Brian

(Only joking!)

Cannabis reportedly lifts your sights to avoid this. It's called progress but old habits die hard for some.
Page  <1 456