Forum Name: Rod Building
Forum Description: Rod building chat here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70032
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 10:35pm

Topic: 'Post your rod' Picture thread
Posted By: MarkE
Subject: 'Post your rod' Picture thread
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:32pm
Thought it was about time we had a dedicated thread where we can post pics of our latest creations - saves me wading through old posts looking for pretty pics  LOL

Heres a couple ive just finished.

8'6" Stickbait rod - CTS Seamaster 75-120g blank, Fuji K series guides, Fuji seat, PB gimble.

12wt Salterwater Flyrod - CTS 12wt 4 piece Revo SLT blank, Recoil guides, Alps seat, AT fighting butt.

Replies:
Posted By: J-D
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:37pm
Awesome finish . . . almost too flash to use Thumbs Up

Posted By: Dohboy
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 1:56pm
Nice builds mark.
What did the blanks cost?

-------------
www.acewash.co.nz

Posted By: Griffo
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 6:34pm

Just finished this 10wt saltwater flyrod for my brother.

Blank: TFO TiCr-X 10wt
Guides: ATC Titan Ringlock (all titanium)
Reel Seat: ATC AL10
Thread: ProWrap Nylon Merlot, Fishhawk metallic silver

Would loved to have built on a CTS Revo blank like yours MarkE, but the $$$ was hard to justify.

Posted By: edge01
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 6:54pm
nice work mark. nice looking rods there mate.

Posted By: MarkE
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:52pm

Thanks guys.  Dean - From memory the Revo was $250 and the Seamaster $200.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by MarkE MarkE wrote:

Thanks guys.  Dean - From memory the Revo was $250 and the Seamaster $200.

Where they direct from CTS?

-------------
www.acewash.co.nz

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2011 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Griffo Griffo wrote:

Just finished this 10wt saltwater flyrod for my brother.

Blank: TFO TiCr-X 10wt
Guides: ATC Titan Ringlock (all titanium)
Reel Seat: ATC AL10
Thread: ProWrap Nylon Merlot, Fishhawk metallic silver

Would loved to have built on a CTS Revo blank like yours MarkE, but the $$$ was hard to justify.

Love those handles mate, how do you fond the Prowrap to use?

-------------
www.acewash.co.nz

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Dohboy Dohboy wrote:

Love those handles mate, how do you fond the Prowrap to use?

Cheers, its the first cork grip I've made and turning/shaping the cork was ALOT of fun and really therapeutic LOL ... brings in a different skill set to rod building. 

Not very impressed with the ProWrap Nylon... fuzzies were a real problem for me on this rod. Could have been a thread tension issue, but the same bobbin holder/tension has work well in the past on other brands... think I will be buying fishhawk next time.

Mark

Posted By: Tomatron
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 8:44pm

Heres my livebait rod for this summer that is pretty much ready for the dryer. I know, I know, plain old black and gold. been playing around with those spiral style bands which turned out good for a first go ... Will be paired up with a TLD30 and 24kg mono.

Kilwell live fiber ZXS55XXJ blank
Hypalon grips
gold coloured alloy gimble
fuji duluxe reel seat
fuji turbo style guides (hardloy)
5"5' 24kg stand up

If i could do it again I would find a black or a black/gold reel seat. The silver hoods look a bit out of place. 

Posted By: Red Hunter
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 6:13pm
Tomatron your rod looks great , black and gold will always be a classic , I still like to bind in B/G ,
Alps have a real nice seat in black and gold , there Tri 20 .

Posted By: JOLLY
Date Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 8:48pm
Awesome thread guys, makes my want to get A into G, back to Doyboys to finish mine, shouldn't have taken it....Can't leave them alone now.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 12:38pm
 I am happy with the way the 24kg stand up turned out

Also finished off a little 4kg 5'6 jellytip. Took it out the other day and landed some nice snapper to 11lb, turks and gurnard. Stoked with it, awsome little rod. Has fuji alconites. Made it split grip.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 2:05pm
Very nice , well done , they both look great .

Posted By: loryda
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 2:10pm
fuuweee that looks spiff!  Thumbs Up

-------------
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks

Posted By: Xtoad
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 10:12pm
Nice work! You're hooked. Now you will need a separate rod for every possible fishing scenario....

Stu

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:52pm
10ft 10-15kg livefibre. And some crap pics !

Posted By: smizz
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 9:12pm
nice looking rod.. quick question... is there a site or book where i can learn hw to do diamond patterns and others when building a rod?

-------------
When shooting a mime, don't use a silencer or his friends will hear you.
If camera lenses are round why do the pictures come out rectangle?

Posted By: gtrbaby
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 11:09am
Originally posted by smizz smizz wrote:

nice looking rod.. quick question... is there a site or book where i can learn hw to do diamond patterns and others when building a rod?

PM me and I'll send you a DVD that you can borrow - or come pick it up - I'm In Te Atatu.

W

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2011 at 11:22am
This link is quite useful:
http://www.rodbuildingtutorials.com/Crosswrapping%20Tutorials/CrossWrap%20B%20D%20Ehler.pdf - http://www.rodbuildingtutorials.com/Crosswrapping%20Tutorials/CrossWrap%20B%20D%20Ehler.pdf

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 8:27pm
New stickbait rod hot off the press....

-Kilwell GT PE8 blank 7'6"
-Fuji K type Alconite Guides
-Alps reel seat and gimbal
-Hypalon grips

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 8:33pm
That is a mighty fine looking rod , the thread work looks great .

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 10:30pm
That is sweet Griffo. Got a reel to match up with the green?
Stu

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 8:15am
Cheers fullas.

Stu, I don't have any green reel in mind... actually just liked the green masking tape i used on the last rod to setup the guides so ran with it on this one

Mark

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 1:08pm
Wicked, what blank is this is it part of their snake skin series. Am wanting to build up somthing similar but not too sre of the rod actions, how would you rate this one? Your one looks great!

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Tomatron Tomatron wrote:

Wicked, what blank is this is it part of their snake skin series. Am wanting to build up somthing similar but not too sre of the rod actions, how would you rate this one? Your one looks great!

Cheers Tomatron.... it is the live fibre snakeskin 2pc PE8 blank. 

Blank action is very slow (parabolic) and swims a stick bait nicely and you really have to give it an aggressive sweep to overpower the lure and make it surface/cavitate. Tip is alot softer and more forgiving than my Van Stall GT popper rod but not as soft as some of the specialized stick bait blanks out there. Rod action is a really subjective thing and hard to describe.... but ideal for what I want it for. Combination stick bait and small face poppers and can take a hefty drag setting.

Mark

Posted By: Bigfishbob
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 9:48am
Here's a Jigstar 350 and parts I got off Chris wong some time ago. Finally got a reel (Trini 40 N) for it a couple of weeks ago so had to get my A in gear before christmas.

Used a couple of tips I got off here for making this one.
1. Used 1 small cable tie per guide to hold guides while I sorted out guide spacings. Much much much better than tape.
2. One part of the flexcoat had crystalised and made my last coat of epoxy all lumpy. As an act of desperation I hit it with alight touch of a gas burner and Voila they all went away and flexcoat went smooth as.

The trickiest part of this build is I've never even used let alone built this style of jig rod before so it was a case of figure it out as I went.

The stripper guide is back to front because the line seemed to be smoother when the guide ring was just 10 mm closer to the reel. Never had to do that before.

Not the flashest photos but anyway here's how it came out.

-------------
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 10:51pm
Great work, nice tidy rod indeed that looks tops. Iv got a spin and OH 250g on the go. I got those pre-made grips too which saves heaps of time and effort. Also got my hands on a PE8 from kilwell. Now to  re - guide 6 of my mates rods first .... ! 

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:14pm
Great looking rod there Bob... 
How do those palm reel seats feel to use for jigging?

Posted By: ChrisW
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 1:41pm
WHAT!  NO ACID????Evil Smile

-------------
give it death!

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 4:50pm
No Acid here, that's soooooooolast year!Wink
Thanks Griffo, I have no idea about how that palm seat will go. As I said, I've never ever used a jig rod like this before so I've built this one almost completely blind!
I'll have an answer in about 2 weeks tho!

-------------

Posted By: Panga
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by ChrisW ChrisW wrote:

WHAT!  NO ACID????Evil Smile
LOLLOLLOL

-------------
I ONLY FISH HANDMADE KOJAK CUSTOM RODS.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:12pm
Very nice , I like the colours , very interesting guide train design .

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:04pm
Yeah interesting guide train indeed, some might say I moved on from acid to extacy or maybe even "P"! I just used the number and size of guides that Chris recomended and said that Kojak had been using. I  figured why argue, and then set the distances to give as mooth a line curve against a loaded blank as I could get.

I won't get a chance to bend it until I head East on boxing day, I can't wait......

-------------

Posted By: Toad2
Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 8:00pm
Second ever rod I made and first time doing any real threadwork. Spent an entire week of intense experimenting with thread patterns and just had enough thread to do the rod. Quite pleased with how it turn out.
Used a Kiwell livefibre GTVTW100GM, fuji alconite guides and a silicone tip I think, fuji seat. 

Last moment before piccy, cat decided to be part of the decorations in the picLOL

Date Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:11pm
For your second rod you have done real great , well done .

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:31am
Finished off a 250g spin the other day which will hopefully get some use today over Leigh Reef.

Excuse the photos being not 100%. Fuji SIC MNSG guides, H22 reel seat and 22mm gimble. Prowrap threads and pro-cote finish.

The rod feels nice with the new biomaster, can't wait to give her a whirl!

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:37am
Nice work there Tomatron. Rods are bloody hard to photograph aren't they?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:22am
That looks the shiz Tomatron! Really like the stealth looking thread colours. Is that the Talon 250g jig blank? What did you use to write on the blank below the stripper guide?

Nice work.

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:40am
Now that is a very nice looking rod , I like what you have done with the split grip , Griffo a very good pen for writing on blanks is a --uni Posca  . 2mm tip pen , they come in a range of colours .

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:41pm
Cheers Red.... will give those uni pens a try.

Posted By: green guy
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:50am
Some nice rods in hurrrrrrr
I'm gona start building again soon but gona stick with building softie rods
All will be hand spun as I get a really good finish of them
Great work in here guys

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:24pm
Guys here is one I have just finished , Blank is a Spinal series 2- 300 gram 5 ft 6 '' line clas 50-60 lb , Guides Alps BXNZG -SS , 20 down to a 10 tip , Bullards Black thread , sulky silver metallic thread , [ which I love ] bullards rod finish , Alps size 20 double trigger reel seat ,the foregrip is laser etched to my design . the lottle bit of marbling is not pigment , it is silver metallic auto paint , I have been playing around with it for some time , If you are interested this is what I have worked out , First up pour some straight out of the tin into a little mixing cup , now this you will have to work out , add some auto thinners mix well ,you do not want if to thick , now get a darning needle and get a small drop on the end and let it drop on the finish [ first coat ] it will form a circle , now the magic , you can move it around to where you want it ,  so you can use any of the auto matallic colours , also it doe's not effect the finish in any way , then I finish over it .

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 9:58pm
Nice Ian. You will have to tel the 360 guys - they will find out!

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 10:16pm
Not sure where the pen came from I found it lying around the house and it does the job nicely. RH, that blotching effect is wicked. The silver and black binds look great. Nice work again.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 6:46pm
Finished off my stick bait rod the other day. Kilwell blank, KWAG guides, fuji gimble and H seat and hypalon grips. Will even handle a medium sized popper I should think. The blank has a nice action and when loaded up with 10kg of drag it folds away to a parabolic extent, so should be great to battle some green machines with.

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 8:28pm
Dude , how good is that , very very nice . The finish looks great .

Posted By: Stefan
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Right after about 2-3 years of "gonna get around to it"... I finally managed to build my first rod. It doesn't look as flash as some of the others on here but I'm pretty stoked just quietly.
 Its a 7ft Kilwell blank 6kg nano technology one, the rest of the componentry is from mud hole and Go Fish. It will be my new soft bait rod which hopefully will get the nod this week.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 9:39pm
looks nice stefan how much is the nano tech blank?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:37pm
Cool man! Tidy effort what guides did you go with?

Posted By: green guy
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 8:00am
Nice one
I remover the first rod I built synit 150gram acid wrap was a mish lol
Guides look like PAC bay.
Enjoy ya new rod mate nothing like doing it ur self and slaying fish on it

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:13am
Thanks guys yeah cant wait to take out.

The blank cost me $75 i think postage was $8 or something
The Guides are just a set, American Tackle Blue Concept Style Spinning Guide Set.
NCP and Pro Metallic wrap covered with Prokote

Next one will be a jigging rod with a CBS blank that I bought when I had some money
Then a 7ft  8Kgish overhead rod for a small Avet SX or someting similar. Want someting nice for 10lb braid usage. Not sure what blank I'll use yet.

I'm well hooked as you can see

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 5:17pm
Stefan , that is a cool looking rod , well done ,  very nice and tidy ,

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 9:57pm
wrong section I know guys but I have some JM Power Spell 400, 500g blanks going for just $170 each.  Also have a few Jig star 250, 350, 450g overhead and spin blanks from the current rod range.  These blanks are really nice as a few here will attest and priced from $70 + shipping.

-------------
give it death!

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:24pm

wrong section I know guys but I have some JM Power Spell 400, 500g blanks going for just $170 each.  Also have a few Jig star 250, 350, 450g overhead and spin blanks from the current rod range.  These blanks are really nice as a few here will attest and priced from $70 + shipping.

are you able to get any other JM blanks chris?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:43pm
Thanks Red Hunter - been a few of you steering me in the right direction the last year to get me started its been much appreciated

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 2:54pm

are you able to get any other JM blanks chris?

yes but prices are around 2/3rds of a complete rod so not really worth it.  Those JM blanks are a couple years old and way below cost.

-------------
give it death!

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 4:55pm
how much to post a jigstar 350 blank to auckland

-------------

Posted By: Spear-time
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 4:38pm
Hi guys, i made my first rod at the end of last year. i Got the jigstar 350 blank from ChrisW with all the componentry. Decided to go down the acid wrapped route and im glad i did. I painted the blank with automotive interior vinyl paint so it would match my red pe7, i applied a small amount of rod finish over the rod with a gloved hand to protect it and get the shine. Only thing im not 100% happy with is the thread spacing, something to work on next time. I have caught a few fish on it now including kings upto 18kg and a small bass, very happy with the blank and how the whole thing turnt out.
Now what to build next?

Posted By: Scott30961
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 9:26pm
Nice looking rod. Just about to build on a blank from Chris as well. Where did you get your foregrips from or did you file the grooves in yourself?

Posted By: Spear-time
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 11:32pm
I got the foregrip from chris as well, was brought as a kit with everything minus thread, finish and glue.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:51am
Really good looking 1st build mate... it looks the business with the PE7 on. Well done

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 9:50am
Very nice looking rod , it is great how the colours match the reel , well done Clap

Posted By: C A
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2012 at 12:37pm
any builds lately?

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 10:15am
ok its not really a rod it used to be 1 though.... it now a camera holder so the cam can be dunked underwater from the boat anyway this is my first go at marbeling pretty happy with it.... (yes the camera will be upside down when underwater but most editing software allows you to filp the video

-------------

Posted By: sappercatcha
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:07pm
nice rods guys been thinking of geting into building my own rods

i only have one hand at 100% and my other hand is probly only 40% is it something that can be done one handed or one and a bitLOL
is there anyone in auckland that could give me a lesson

Posted By: Snag
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:03pm

ok its not really a rod it used to be 1 though.... it now a camera holder so the cam can be dunked underwater from the boat anyway this is my first go at marbeling pretty happy with it.... (yes the camera will be upside down when underwater but most editing software allows you to filp the video

That is a awesome idea! cheers

Posted By: Snag
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:20pm

Selling firearms for a living, what better way or reason to get a camo jig rod!

CTS 200G-300G BLANK COATED EMERALD GREEN
FUJI REEL SEAT
FUJI SMOKE SILICONE CARBINE GUIDES
GRIPS SUPPLIED BY "REEL RODS" (KIERON)
 Bottom half constructed by REEL RODS, awesome job guys!!!.
Top half job done by Bevan from Fish City Hamilton

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 10:19am
Here's a 8ft LBG rod I buit for a friend recently:

Origionally a 10ft blank I chopped off 2ft of the butt section, then chopped a peice that would fit over the rods butt section and act as a slick butt:

A heavy duty Fuji reel seat, a fuji 25mm gimble and a hypolon grip sorted out that side of things.

Fuji BH guides and a simple but nice red and gold colour combo to match a TLD50:

10kg drag. Plenty of power.

Picked it up Sat morn, then Sunday night I get a text saying tested it on a 21kg king and liked the rod!

PM if interested in something similar.

Cheers.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 1:52pm
EXCELLENT , the rod looks great , very nice curve , and a bloody big Kingi too , how good is that .ClapClapThumbs Up

Posted By: smelli
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:34pm
Not built by me but is a custom DFS rod....

350 gram Kilwell Talon and Accurate BX500XN 6.1 with 65LB Whiplash

Yet to get it wet.....

Posted By: tas-tackle
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:25pm
sweetThumbs Up     top setup..  that whiplash is thin strong braid... wish they made it in rainbow....
great puka line.....

-------------
http://postimage.org/" rel="nofollow">
http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:30pm
Thnx--Kane assures me it will do as it is supposed too ,, just yet to try it out... Wink

Yeah i love Whiplash and im surprised they havnt made a rainbow one yet...

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:41pm
good lad that Kane.... has looked after me (and his customers)...  can ya tell I like accurate gear :}}}

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:49pm
yup he is great and looks after his clients and heaps of fun too.... knows his **** as well....

has got a good set-up at his shop and ill keep going back

i like accurate as well,,sold my 870 reel that i got the kingi with that is my avatar--just need to flick the 350gram rod now...

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:38pm
fatty.... the kingy not you hahahahahaaa...   LOL    what was the 350 rod...??

PM ....be better...than here...
J

-------------

Posted By: scuzzymoto
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:36pm
not one of mine , but very nice

-------------
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by *fisher* *fisher* wrote:

fatty.... the kingy not you hahahahahaaa...   LOL    what was the 350 rod...??

PM ....be better...than here...
J

lol.. Cheers John... Cry...  Yeh was a fatty and my first ever i have caught...

PM sent

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:31pm
My second rod made, I bought a blank of Nagged at Kilwell (thanks Neville) a nano tech 7ft 10Kg thin little beauty. I took 4 inches off and after a few evenings....

Fuji guides from R A Connaghan Grips and Fuji Seat from Go Fish

Copper and silver metallic underbind with Charcoal Black over. Coupled with my Avet Sx Lefty...

Pretty bloody stoked to be fair, am hoping to slay some fish with it soon.

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:44pm
Stefan , only your 2 nd build , very nice mate  well done looks great . Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:45pm
Looks great Stefan

-------------
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=717361

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 7:47pm
Right, this is the first blank I have bought about 2 or three years ago a CTS Seamaster 5'6" 150-350g and ordered titanium SIC guides from Mudhole (Before my little one came along and I had some money...) Been to scared to start it in case I mucked it up. Three rods and a visit to Men in Black who made grips and sorted me out with a gimbal and reel seat etc (Cheers Graeme you're a bloody legend). A bit of time in the garage and.... Pretty stoked with this one, have a Fin Nor 16 loaded with 50lb braid to wage war on kingies.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 7:57pm
Not really a rod build but did my own repair today.. Had a guide needed replacing so cut the old one off and left the under-binding in place.
Taped the new guide in place and then bound it on-took me a couple of goes taking cotton on and off to get it how i thought it should be and third time round i was happy.
All have to do now is take into HST and get the epoxy put on it for me which have been quoted max $10.
Big thnx to Tomatron for the guide and cotton and the coaching,did it all without a rod turning machine too. Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: C A
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:03pm
mean bro, looking good!

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 8:09pm
Thnx, didnt get the blue cotton of underbinding in the middle of new guide but the guide was a bit longer than the old one so all good.
Theres a few slight gaps where cotton not perfectly right beside each other but i dont think will fall off when glued and like Tom said he gave me black cos wont hardly see any not quite perfect bits once glued.. GRIN

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:48pm
This is my latest:

- Synit Deepshot 100g blank @ 5'5"
- Acid Wrapped NZ styles
- Finished weight 196g
- Custom turned EVA grips
- Fuji MN frame alconite guides
- Fuji SK2 split reel seat
- Fuji graphite gimbal
- Black over Sulky silver metallic
- Prokote finish

didn't spend too much time on fancy bindings on this one but it came out pretty clean. The flat Sulky thread was tricky to lay down for the first 3 guides because the blank is quite bumpy because of the extra outer layer carbon reinforcement through the handle and mid section... but all sweet once down onto the flat graphite.

Gonna use this baby for everything from deep water softbaiting, straylining to mechanical jigging Thumbs Up.

Mark

Posted By: Moocha
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:54pm
Looks good Mark, What does it load up like ? Is the first guide close to the fore grip because of the reel height ?

Thumbs Up 

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:13pm
Hey Moocha,
Took this pic when I was doing the static tests.. guides moved a little bit since then if I recall. will bend it again soon but the epoxy is a bit green right now.

I put the first guide close to keep the line from cutting into the foregrip when fully loaded up... should be able to keep thumb on top without losing it.

Posted By: Moocha
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 4:24pm
That looks mean well done, I was sure there was a reason and was curious Thumbs Up

Its great there are so many talented people on here giving it a crack Approve

Posted By: Blue Asparagus
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:26pm
looks awesome mate well done, cant wait to start my next one.

-------------
Ultimate GAME Fishing Adventures. Northland

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 8:35am
Great looking build , well done very nice . Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 1:28pm
Loaded up. blank is rated to 10kg @ 45deg Shocked

Posted By: Badfish
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:10pm
Not exactly the same blank but one of the first prototypes of your hundy. At a little over 8kgs. (should put a disclaimer here telling you to stick to the rating but I know that never stops anyone so I wont bother. Tongue)
During the test phase on it's first trip out with Tzer last year at the jig comp I busted my 50lb braid on this 100gm rod ... I was gutted to lose the fish but a little more than impressed with the rod at the same time.

Posted By: Elpescador
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:20pm
Nice the the incrementle adding in your video really shows off the action well.

Posted By: Fishing Addiction
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 3:10pm
Amazing rods. Especially that lil synit acid. Thanks for the incremental load increases. I wouldn't know where to start , but applaud all the efforts of everyone here building their own

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 4:09pm
hey bad fish, is that an acid wrap?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:08pm
First synit blank I have built on and can see why people from all over the world seek out these NZ made rods. You can tell a lot of R&D has gone into the blank design and the performance speaks for itself. Kiwi made quality Thumbs Up

Posted By: Fishing Addiction
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 6:17pm
Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power

Posted By: daveo
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 11:23pm
Bloody bewdy griffo

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2012 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Fishing Addiction Fishing Addiction wrote:

Blue asparagus: both griffo and badfish synits are acid wrapped. Note the guides starting on top like normal overhead but sliding around to the bottom of the rod (like a spin). Gives the rod more lifting power
thanks for that, yip I have one it is a xzoga, what I was wondering is looking at the pic the first 3 eyes are this way and that, or is it the way I am looking at the rod.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window