Forum Description: Destination Samoa info here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65851
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 6:40pm

Topic: Samoa charters
Posted By: Grovo
Subject: Samoa charters
Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 5:04pm
Another tropical inquiry sorry dudes.
I'm heading over to Samoa with the girlfriend on 28th May till 4th June.
Am real keen to do a charter one day or even half day while over there.
Has anyone got any recommendations from experiences had? Ideally GTs and/or yellowfin cos I figure I'm never going to catch one of those in NZ waters.
This is just after the SIGFA nationals, I know some are over there for those, anyone staying on and would like to split a charter even?
A search on this forums turned up no love, google revealed these players:
Liquidmotion (website doesn't work)
Grandermarlin.com (wicked boat, professional outfit, v.big, too much tin for one dude to charter)
Troppo fishing adventures Lady Saele charters (as above)
Yellowfin charters - black pearl (as above)
alfredsfishingcharter.ws - this looks pretty good, possibly reasonable price also for a day or half day.
Anyone had any experience, or are there other small operators over there ya can just rock up to at the wharf when you're over there????
Otherwise I might email them all and maybe try go on standby like....

Cheers for any help anyone

Replies:
Posted By: Seadoc
Date Posted: 09 May 2011 at 6:06pm
I have been out with Alfred twice, really nice bloke, nice boat and tackle (I used my own, though) . I think he is the best option. You won't find any other charters at the wharf in Apia . Last time when I was there Troppo 's boat was out of order too.

Posted By: skidder
Date Posted: 10 May 2011 at 3:20pm
Went on Troppo with Alfred standing in as skipper.......decided I'd use Alfred directly next time....he knew the area and his stuff.

-------------
Knockers - need I say more.....

Posted By: riga
Date Posted: 10 May 2011 at 4:49pm
We were over for the SIGFA comp, both Alfred on Kingfisher II and Roy on Black Pearl fished well, Black Pearl actually took out the comp, Black Pearl is currently based at the Marina but might not still be there when you head up.

Both guys seem like really good skippers and seemed pretty helpful and freindly.

Good luck and there are plently of yellowfin around at the moment and some are a good size as well.

Posted By: Rusty mc
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 1:31pm
Hi, Just back from Samoa, had some  great trips out! first with Brent Ross http://www.offshoreadventures.com - www.offshoreadventures.com   then http://www.vaimoana.ws - www.vaimoana.ws resort in Savaii, Sailfish, Gt's, Wahoo, Tuna, Barracuda etc.$300 tala for a half day!!! got to be the cheapest fishing in the world!
Go for it! Russell

Posted By: Jimmy James
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 10:04am
Hi all,
Am heading to Le Vasa Resort for a week at the end of August. I am super keen on SWFF -  does anyone know of any charter operators that do it? If not then a good quality affordable charter that either can be chartered by myself or jump in with a group??
Thanks

Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Jimmy James Jimmy James wrote:

Hi all,
Am heading to Le Vasa Resort for a week at the end of August. I am super keen on SWFF -  does anyone know of any charter operators that do it? If not then a good quality affordable charter that either can be chartered by myself or jump in with a group??
Thanks

send a pm to nirai or falco, they were there popping/jigging  in savaii last year on a 6m CConsole

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Posted By: Jimmy James
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 1:57pm
Thanks Kaveman - will do!

Posted By: hogdog
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 3:52pm
Any updates on best charter in Samoa? or is Alfred still the best bet? cheers

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 4:50pm
Give Jonathan Barlow a shout... he runs charter boat Extreme Measures based at the Apia Marina.

www.extrememeasures.co.nz

0274391564 or email [email protected].   Samoa 006857222190

-------------
Online...

Posted By: BeachedAsBro
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 2:59pm
I dumped into Grant Dixon and Matt Watson when I was up there late last year. They had spent a week staying at the Aggies Resort by the airport and had some great fishing. I can't remember the name of the charter they were using but I'm sure if you emailed Grant (email address in the Fishing News) you'd get the good oil. He hasn't got enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times he's been there.

-------------
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 6:19pm
Ill flick Grant an email, so far Alfred is the cheapest by miles

Posted By: madspaz
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 2:17pm
Did you get any reply hogdog? Going over soon for a few weeks. :) cheers.

Posted By: Reel Magic
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 3:24pm

Alfred was the cheapest option when I went over there last year, but I was staying at Sinalei which is 30 minutes over the hill from Apia. Fish the Dream is based at Sinalei and I went out with them on a shared charter. I think they are around 1200 Tala for 5 hours which you would split by the number of people on the charter (up to 5 ppl)

-------------
www.reelmagic.co.nz
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:39pm
Ive booked a charter with Alfred was just over 400 nzd for the four of us which is a good price compared to others

Posted By: magic1
Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:10pm
Hey im heading to samoa in august, whats the best way to get a hold of alfred? Havent had reply to email yet.

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:41pm
[email protected]

Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 6:50pm
Cheers

Posted By: Taking Time
Date Posted: 13 May 2014 at 8:43pm
I emailed him yesterday evening to book one for the end of the month and got a reply straight away, and then again this evening.

Posted By: Seascape Wellington ( Surtees 4.7)
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 8:24pm
Hi

going over to Samoa early sept, any update on who can offer good quality , knowledgable and cheap charters ( or private boat owners) ideally light tackle and willing to catch and release

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 10:12pm
I went with alfred a couple of years ago and would definitely recommend him

Posted By: bazza
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 5:26pm
Will be there for 7 days as from 18 th Aug 2019 & would be keen to hear from anyone else wanting to join in or make up numbers for a charter trip ... some good travel & acc packages available at present.

-------------
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Drakar1
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:12pm
So - having done the SIGFC back in 2014, am looking to head back for a holiday in Sept this year. Question is - does anyone know who is still operating since Covid? Wanting to do a fishing mission while there. Any suggestions, details would be fantastic.
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Drakar1
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 2:57pm
So - for those who may ask the same question, I can confirm the following:-
The only charter operator appears to be Troppo fishing charters. 
Greg operates 3 boats now- Pure Indulgence - recently refitted and looking awesome, Get ur done -fibreglass cat 20 odd footer and a smaller boat still.
Great to get on the water up there, fantastic skipper and a great experience.

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 4:32pm
Also been lucky enough to fish a few days with Greg - he's a talented fisho and absolutely excellent company. 

It would be hard to find a more enthusiastic charter operator who simply wants to see everyone on his boat have the time of their lives.  You can find Hoppo at  https://www.fishsamoa.com/" rel="nofollow - https://www.fishsamoa.com/

-------------
Online...

Print Page | Close Window