Print Page | Close Window

Duck shooting anyone

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Hunting
Forum Name: General hunting topics
Forum Description: Anything hunting related here...
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52964
Printed Date: 25 May 2024 at 7:31am

Topic: Duck shooting anyone
Posted By: Bushpig
Subject: Duck shooting anyone
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:30pm
Best time of the year is almost here.

-------------
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints

Replies:
Posted By: phantomdeviant
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:46pm
That is one primo duck punt Bushie, be afraid ducksClap

-------------
Skirt Pulla

Posted By: tugboat
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 4:53pm
wicked bushy, look a bit odd floating through the motuhei channel though mateWink
Eyez going for a boar hunt on saturday, fill the freezer i hope!!

Posted By: Bill Collector 1
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:01pm
she looks pretty sweet alright,shaping up to be mint season here,heaps of duckies around,6 days shooting then 10 days Samoa,then ya better come back for crack dwn these ways again Bushie

Posted By: Captn Phil
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:02pm
Thats a beautiful thing!
But where do the outriggers mount?

Posted By: Timo
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:03pm
Looks deadly Bushpig!

Where do you shoot mate? We're pretty much geared up and ready to go. Can't wait to get into it.

Cheers

Timo

Posted By: NZTurtle
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:14pm
Looking good Bushie.

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Tagit
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:16pm
Don't forget the bungs Evil Smile

Posted By: skidoggg
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:35pm
BOOM BOOM  BRING IT OOON !

Posted By: Rotowarriors
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:05pm
bitter sweet time bushie, start of duck shooting season usually signals the end of my fishin season, but have been getting the maimai ready for opening day n then its on like donkey kong

Posted By: Kezza
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:19pm
mean as Bushpig......the ducks-nuts!!!

lets do it BoomSkiiiiiii

-------------

Posted By: bluecoraldiver
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:25pm
Sweet. What's her top speed. 

Actually, how do you manoeuvre it around on the water?

-------------
http://www.leapingdroid.com">

Posted By: Karlosnz
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:30pm
when are we goingLOL

Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:56pm
Cant see the motorsLOL good luck

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Posted By: Blue Asparagus
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:11pm
nice mate looks alot like that senator only bigger, may as well use her as a house boat in the off season

-------------
Ultimate GAME Fishing Adventures. Northland

Posted By: feeder
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:23pm
Cool Neat, all good there, looks like fun to me.

Cheers

-------------
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar

Posted By: Tinfish
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:25pm
What happened to that sweet little tinny you bought last year to use?? Dont tell me it's hidden the the middle  of that somewhere, or is it relegated to transport and retreiving? Nice looking set up though, are the drums full of rum to assist floatation or courseCool

-------------
Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard. BUT shut up to be appreciated.

Posted By: shoby
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:25pm
Awesome rigWink

Posted By: Dead Ant
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:28pm
Damn - I knew the Senator wasn't getting much use but that's a lot of growth!Big smile

Posted By: rgv10
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 8:59pm

Sweet rig. Can't wait for it i think even my dogs are getting twitchy. And then off to Stewart island for 10 days on the 20th oh yeah living the dream. 

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 9:07pm
*spits* DANG!! Bushie you got a nice looking punt! <said in manly way> *spits*

No room in me freezer for no goddam ducks cos it's full of venison.Cool Well ok I got 5 little bags of it ...

Posted By: brown
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Dead Ant Dead Ant wrote:

Damn - I knew the Senator wasn't getting much use but that's a lot of growth!Big smile
bought a tear to my eyeClap

did i see this on the road somewhere on sunday bushy??

Posted By: Naki man
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 9:59pm
Wondered where our bus stop went toLOL
Is that a lift up dunny seat on the far side

My guns been packed away since they bought in steel shot - chokes a bit tight

-------------
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"

Posted By: Got-ya
Date Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 9:59pm
Put T-tree around the Maimai todayThumbs Up Bring it on.

-------------
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.

Posted By: worksux
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 7:22am
Yep ready and raring. Raised the overflow and put some camo round the maimai.
Doesn't seem to be as much birds around this year here in the Waikato, lots of guys grumbling that they got no water in their ponds.
Awesome looking maimai BP

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 8:15am
You probably did Brown, I took it out to the Kaipara and put it in. Its tucked into a mangrove island and all camoed up and ready to go.

We crisened christened it the "Ducks Nuts" as it went into the water. Cant wait to blast some ducks out of it.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Bill Collector 1 Bill Collector 1 wrote:

she looks pretty sweet alright,shaping up to be mint season here,heaps of duckies around,6 days shooting then 10 days Samoa,then ya better come back for crack dwn these ways again Bushie
I'm in like flyn

-------------

Posted By: scottej
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:58am
Not for me now went to clay shoot warm up, shot 50 out of 60 not bad, then went on to smash my collar bone, now waiting for an op!! Baaaaastard!!

Posted By: hogdog
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:05pm
Must be up my ways Bushie with that Masons truck...Bloody brother has decided to get married on opening day...what a d head!!!!

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:46pm
How rude Hog, whats wrong with the guy Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:47pm
thats what I thought

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:55pm
Where do you shoot?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:56pm
Puhoi-Ahuroa normally

Posted By: Got-ya
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 10:02pm
[QUOTE=hogdog]Must be up my ways Bushie with that Masons truck...Bloody brother has decided to get married on opening day...what a d head!!!![/QUOTE
Not sure brotherly love would extend that far with me!LOL send a telegramWink

-------------
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF FISHERMAN, THOSE WHO FISH FOR SPORT AND THOSE THAT CATCH SOMETHING.

Posted By: jerry69
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 10:34pm
nice set up, this will be the second opening ive missed in two years not happy!! good luck boys

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 7:41am
Originally posted by scottej scottej wrote:

Not for me now went to clay shoot warm up, shot 50 out of 60 not bad, then went on to smash my collar bone, now waiting for an op!! Baaaaastard!!

Thats a real bugger mate.
Wrecked my shoulder in late 2008 and had the op 2009. became a bystander by mid morning opening day. lucky if i put through a box before the shoulder and arm wouldn't work.
hoping it holds together this season.

-------------

Posted By: Nuthead
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 7:52am
I gotta work opening day, but will stalk a pond before and after work.  Then it's geese and pheasants for me!
Good luck out there boys, shoot straight.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 9:04am
I have updated to a Fabarm with a kickoff this season. So far I have only used it on sporting clays but I'm really happy with how it shoots. A lot less recoil.

Lucky bugger shooting Geese Nuthead, we just dont get enough of them up this way. There is a large farm we are going to shoot if they turn up, but its a small flock or only around 80 odd so the numbers shot will be limited.

Hoping to do a lot more Pheasant this year. I have permits to shot some of the Northland DOC land so plan to spend a numer of weekends walking these areas with the dog.

-------------

Posted By: Donald Duck
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 11:28am
I certainly hope that the SS Bushpig Duck Punt gets more water time that the Senator.

I will await the Shooting Reports eagerly.

Good luck and aim straight Mr Bushpig.

Posted By: Old Fart
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 4:04pm
Good luck from a x duckshooter, probably be out fishing as it,s usually the calmest day of the year.

-------------
I wish I could catch as many fish as my wife does.

Posted By: Wanda_Ra
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 6:40pm
Absolutely tons of ducks in the waikato river tween hamilton and cambridge,been going up n down the river most days for the past few weeks and there's hundreds of ducks appeared there lately.Dont seem to be worried about the boat though,can get within 20ft of most groups of them.

Not really up on duck hunting protocols but are you allowed to pot them from a boat? dont see much difference tween a stopped boat and a punt.

-------------
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.

Posted By: feeder
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 8:20pm
Old Fart pretty much has it sussed, still we must keep up tradition, can't remember how many openings on the trott, have just broken down a moose for the mai mai feast, that will probably be the best of it, 1 pond completely dry and the next best just about dry, getting worse by the year, bugger me I'll have to take up fishing.

Cheers

-------------
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 8:25pm

South Island is where it's at for me. Ducks, parries and thousands of Canada's. The wetest summer in years so the skies are black. Best of all big limits...... goose suasages and venison patties Tongue

-------------

Posted By: T_CARP
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by GoingHard GoingHard wrote:

Absolutely tons of ducks in the waikato river tween hamilton and cambridge,been going up n down the river most days for the past few weeks and there's hundreds of ducks appeared there lately.Dont seem to be worried about the boat though,can get within 20ft of most groups of them.

Not really up on duck hunting protocols but are you allowed to pot them from a boat? dont see much difference tween a stopped boat and a punt.

Yeah you can shoot them from a boat, you just have to be at anchor or drifting, not aloud to be under motor, Waikato is choco cause there is no water anywhere else!! 2nd hundred year draught in 3 years.

Posted By: Wanda_Ra
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:45pm
saw a group of Canada geese with a few other of the normal white geese resting on an old pine tree,about 9 all up, ten mins below Airport road on the waikato today when i was heading upriver at 10am and they were still there when i headed down at 3pm.

-------------
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.

Posted By: Jemry
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 9:37pm
geess so I'm going to be woken early soon by the sound of pop pop pop on the kaipara river?

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:57pm
fattening this wee guy up ! na is a barrier teal so off limits anyway , stuff all meat on em!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 6:59pm

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm
i more sleep then tomorrow all hell breaks loose ! got a maize field fulla parries waitin for us , westgate hunting and fishin been busy as  all the roboducks are gone doh , snooze you looze , be safe out there guys and go hard hopefully have some kill shots 4 yas  tomorrow !

Posted By: fozzie
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by jermish jermish wrote:

geess so I'm going to be woken early soon by the sound of pop pop pop on the kaipara river?
Not as early as you will be woken next saturday morning, all going to planWink

-------------
Dont take life too seriously.....no one gets out alive any way.

Posted By: scottej
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 9:32pm
You falas all better be prepared to head for the hills to get to the same altitude as them ducks, lets hope shes foggy in the morning!

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 4:04pm
I feel cheated of not enough time in the maimai and not enough rounds through the barrel, I was only just getting warmed up when we had already reached our limits by 8-30. Would have been alot earlier but I think my barrel had a bend in it.

-------------

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 6:26pm
My mate turned down fishing this wknd to bond with his lil bro (farmer) and shoot Ducks and drink JD's... in his txt'ing words... (they in the sticks off Omaha)

...Ducks galore, got a few, gun fkd out so went to town and bought a new one, got pist last night at the local Pub and got a root too...german chickee yeehawLOLLOL

The ducks they scored are being turned into Salami...anyone else do this, sounds great?

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: rocko
Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 6:34pm
Well hope none of you lot were any of the 4 muppets in the 4x4 hilux... that past me then cut in front only to turn off @ drury.. (as i was allso )heading west....cammo gear packed up hoping.. no one notice the cone,s passing about..(amazing the veiw from a volvo cab..) stoners and shotguns.. no good mix.. keep it safe guys..Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

My mate turned down fishing  this wknd to bond with his lil bro (farmer) and shoot and drink... in his txt'ing words... (they in the sticks off Omaha) ...Ducks galore, got a few, gun fkd out so went to town and bought a new one, got pist last night and got a root too...german yeehawLOLLOL

The ducks they scored are being turned into Salami...anyone else do this, sounds great?
Yea thats what we do with ours. Once we get enough breast we salami them.

Rocko not me bud. we don't drink till the last shot has been fired and today we were all cleaned up and in the Alpha at KihiKihi at 10-30 for a beer breakfast.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 7:19pm
Duck salami...be something different to try...

all good bro...looks like a good turn out all over tho by sounds of things alot of donald n daiseys clan are on the rivers

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:00pm
step 1 put out some decoys..

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:02pm
step 2 jump in the bunker

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:04pm
aim...

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:12pm
blow em outa the sky !

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:39pm
great stuff Ski. Last year we shot pari's like there was no tomorrow, yet today, same pond same decoys but only one mob of 8 droped in yet the mallards were still comming in as we  packing up.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 9:10am
Who needs a pond aye boomski, wicked mateThumbs Up mate of mine sent me a few phone pic's of his day yesterday, limit of ducks and 3 pigs swinging in his garage all within 40 min minutes of aucks, too much!!

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 6:10pm
mmm this ducks gettin yummier by the minute

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:39pm
YUMMM!!!LOL

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by worksux worksux wrote:

great stuff Ski. Last year we shot pari's like there was no tomorrow, yet today, same pond same decoys but only one mob of 8 droped in yet the mallards were still comming in as we  packing up.
 we found alot of the parries were feeding on the maize and the others were eating the new grass after the rain we just had not many on the pond...

Posted By: billfish
Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 8:55pm
atta boy Ski.  

How'd did Capt Ahab Piglet do in his punt?

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 9:12pm
Thought it about time we had a forum dedicated to hunting....   good time of the year to kick it off.

-------------
Online...

Posted By: Catchit
Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Thought it about time we had a forum dedicated to hunting....   good time of the year to kick it off.

Top idea, that Clap

-------------
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Posted By: biggear
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:54am
Went out sat and sunday. Managed to bag about 10 for the weekend, which is not bad for a half blind fulla. Luckily I had a cpl of mates who can actually see.

-------------
Dont let the grey hair fool you!

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:17am
The boys did well this weekend, we baged our limit both days. Sunday was a bit harder with less hunters and good weather. next weekend looks like rain so it will be perfect for another shoot up. Off chasing Pheasant this morning

Chewy's ducks are missing from the picture. Its his one man punt in the back ground. He is already talking about a bigger one so I have first dibs on buying it. Perfect for one man and his dog.

-------------

Posted By: _Jimmy_
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:13am
went out on saturday and had a ball. 
6 mallards is a small limit if you ask me!  could have shot a whole heap more but we packed up and headed off for a beer.   got a couple of parries that came to see what the commotion was.  i think next weekend we might set some parry decoys up on the grass behind the maimai and see if they come in.   (off to buy a parry call and some deeks) 

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:33pm
The boys managed to bowl a few overThumbs Up, couple of pics
The body count...

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

great idea gruntaThumbs Up

Posted By: Bidstar
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Bushpig Bushpig wrote:

The boys did well this weekend, we baged our limit both days. Sunday was a bit harder with less hunters and good weather. next weekend looks like rain so it will be perfect for another shoot up. Off chasing Pheasant this morning

Chewy's ducks are missing from the picture. Its his one man punt in the back ground. He is already talking about a bigger one so I have first dibs on buying it. Perfect for one man and his dog.

Been missin ya Bushie so Ive come over to the wild side.  Just put my pics on the otha side.

Posted By: A C
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Bushpig Bushpig wrote:

Best time of the year is almost here.

That's pretty cool work there cuzz Big smile

-------------
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.

Print Page | Close Window