Forum Name: Gamefishing Updates and Reports Archive
Forum Description: Key info and threads from previous gamefishing seasons
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=49964
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 10:44am

Topic: Game fishing update - Mercury Bay
Posted By: Grunta
Subject: Game fishing update - Mercury Bay
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 6:38pm
Tobez will keep us updated....   cheers for that Tobez. 

Just talked to Andy Kerr who was out today on 'Infinity'  -  word is today was pretty average and not so many boats out. I hear Epic went 1/1/0 and there was one stripey tagged. Nice water into almost 150m and should be even closer after this next SE blow. Big problem remains that there's no good concentrations of bait in that blue water so it's really a matter of running over one.

Yesterday::::

'Outsider' caught a reasonable stripey out from Whitianga yesterday and another small stripey weighed by 'Happy Daze' I think it was. 'Infinity' hooked and lost a decent fish (came in on a blue/purple 5.5 Zuker but ate a Pakula Beer Barrel according to Andy Kerr) which apparently was a serious string puller and we went 1/1/0 on ours - my 14yr old daughter Kelly was on the fish and is now more than extremely keen to catch one after seeing it jumping all over the ocean.  Thanks for an awesome day out on 'Enki Toa' Boulder!

Bait is in closer - we ran over a few alberts (no skippies all day but heard someone getting them in close - line between Ohineau and Castle) from about the 120 mark and while the water has a very definite green tinge to it, temp is up to around 20.5ish and no-one seemed to be marking bait out past 250m.  Our fish was hooked in 170m sth of the Hook and there seemed to be quite a defined bite time with 3 or more boats hooking up between 1.30 and 2pm or so and otherwise it was pretty quiet.

MBGFC Ladies tourney this weekend so will be interesting to see how that goes as there's obviously a few fish starting to show up.

Enki and her Dad.....

Kelly caught a couple of 'Alberts' for practice......

And then 10 minutes of aerials & acrobatics from a lively stripey.......

-------------
Online...

Replies:
Posted By: tobez
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:14pm
nothing weighed today at this stage

yesterday 3 stripies weighed and a yellow fin

one gentleman who has been trying for 40odd yrs finally nailed a 125kg stripie - the head is getting mounted
the yellow skin went 25 something kilos.

if you have any info please text or call 021862948 or 021 TOBY4U - i spend most of my day fixing boats in a workshop so the phones always on - or drop us a PM - otherwise il be doing a daily call about

Posted By: bullrun
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:16pm
Great Report - Good to hear the bait is getting close.. hope these easterlies coming push it in harder..

Posted By: Te Namu
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:05pm
great looking day out there Grunta, and a bit of fun is always a bonus. Nice to see the next generation getting passionate about getting out wide.

Posted By: Raging Bull
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:46pm
  Was out there today too, all i heard was one tagged (Was it Basher?) and epics hook up. Did hear another guy on the wireless today say he got a blue yesterday, 150kg. All we saw today was a shark, a couple of sunfish and we hooked a couple of alberts. Water was bluer than yesturday and between .5 and 1 deg warmer today.  

Posted By: walter
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:47pm

Enki and her Dad.....

[/QUOTE]
saw you drive past today boulder. call in and say hi if youre driving past.

congratulations gordon to your daughter for your  t & r today. Clap

Posted By: T_CARP
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:51pm
Good water is in much closer than it was yesterday. As gruta mentioned water had a green tinge to it but was much more blue today and still very little bait. Couple alberts for the day today. Enki Toas fish put on a great display and looked like a good fish, Cant wait for next time now... It will be our turn text time Dave, great couple days.

Posted By: Firey
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:29pm
Did a solo mission on Wed out to the hook from Opito.
Hit it late as i had to wangle a window away from the kids. Got told i could go so long as i was back to cook the kids dinner.
So on the water at 1130ish lures in on the 70 metre mark picked up first alberts 10 minutes later. Water around the 80-100m mark looked real good bait, warm 22.2 and nice colour. After that was pretty green till out near the hook where it looked very fishy. Lots of birds around, current lines good temp and bait on the sounder down deep.
Did a few circuits there before deciding it was time to go cook the kids bbqed albie for dinner.
Sht sht sht typical 1/2 an hour later ......bite time......... "hooked up" seemed to phrase of the hour over the vhf and all around or just south of the hook. One being a nice blue hooked and lost soon after. 
Oh well carry on back to the good looking water in close and picked up a few more coke bottle sized albies and back home in time to crank the bar b.
Awesome few hours out and anticipation was high so get out there guys after this crap blows through . I think it might fire.

Posted By: 2SHITS
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:46pm
Where was the speargun sossles, no wonder ya didnt get one... its those dirty butters tainting shellfish LOL.....

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:50pm
Had the guns at the ready the day before out wide of the aldies but no butters out there moit.  tryed chunking some albies up but couldnt even raise a bitey

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 6:34am
one mahi mahi yesterday  - only bit of news off the vhf i could find, wasnt weighed i dont think..

Posted By: green guy
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:29am
yea i herd that too 
we got 2 strikes but nothing stuckCry

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys

Posted By: Martini Max
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 4:38pm
6 or so  shortbill spearfish yesterday as well if i remember correctly from last night..

Posted By: green guy
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm
really dam thats primo

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 1:05am

My Bad (as 09er's may sayWink), mean night last night... that is so far this season weighed, but two by one vessel  that day. Sorry 'bout that Fred.. But find the skippy schools - if you can , and mr. spearo may pay attention. 160 - 200 is where the bait is, temp. and colour is getting better.  Cheers .  

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 9:20am
couple of results from the  ladies tourny

snapper to 2.3kg
albacore to 4.3kg
mahi mahi 9.9kg
kahawai to 3.1kg

not massive fish and very beatable - no marlin weighed but a couple dropped

RADAR took home a stripie in the shimano stand up at tairua and epic sounded like he was doing well with kings and albies.
 tried calling tairua this morning to get results for thier contest but got answering mschine- musta been a heavy nightEmbarrassed

Posted By: phantomdeviant
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 9:41am
Cheers for the update Tobez. That Mahi would be primo in the pan, yum

-------------
Skirt Pulla

Posted By: whiti-fisho
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:23am
No Marlin ,No Tuna for the ladies comp ,skippies ,albies ,1 kingie 1 mahimahi lots of small snapper ,thats about it ,weather was the winner on the day .Most boats had trouble getting out past the Islands most opted to stay inside Devils and snapper fish .Anne and I in our 6mtre didn't make it past the Twins on both days ,2mtr swells plus wind chop on top not pleasant ,those that were big enough to get out reprted it was better deeper but not that comfortable ,Shimano standup cancelled there 2nd day Tairua bar to bad .Our catch for the comp 20 kahawai for the bait freezer ,none big enough to weigh and 30 x6 inch mackerel for the freezer on the baitstick ,the only rod i was allowed to touch all weekend  Thats the interesting thing from the weekend here in the bay every where you go there are clouds and clouds of Macks on the sounder never seen so many before ,why are the predatory fish not with them ,to my way of thinking there should be Kingies and Snapper feeding up large but doesn't seem to be the case Any ideas 

-------------
I step out my door to paradise on earth

Posted By: Dead Ant
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:47pm
We fished the Shimano Standup from Pauanui and found heaps of bait north of the Aldies from 70 out to 130m which was as far as we went.  Conditions weren't great but Radar pulled a 265KG Blue to clean up the comp.  Sunday was cancelled but Leon from Slipper Electrical pulled a 101 KG stripie in around 80m south of the Aldies. 

Epic's crew picked up all the Kingy prizes so well done!

Adam (DA Jnr) picked up the Junior Prize for a 2.6 kg Albie so he was happy with the comp!

They are having a top 10 Tuna tournament next weekend which would be worth a look if the weather comes tight.

Cheers

DA

Posted By: Blue Asparagus
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:48pm
well done to the young fella mate and a nice blue too awesome.

-------------
Ultimate GAME Fishing Adventures. Northland

Posted By: The Postman
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:16pm
A 265kg blue on standup you say? 

Posted By: Bubs
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 11:50am
you've got me all excited now Sossie. let's get out for another try bro, i'm itching to wet my kodak killers

Posted By: Mikeyb
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:35pm
Possibly a stupid question to ask, but how far out behind the mercs in "The Hook"? Ive heard it mentioned alot yet still cant work out on charts where the hell it is Confused

Any tips to find it?

Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Mikeyb Mikeyb wrote:

Possibly a stupid question to ask, but how far out behind the mercs in "The Hook"? Ive heard it mentioned alot yet still cant work out on charts where the hell it is Confused

Any tips to find it?

Not to far, on the 200m line 5-6miles N/E of Red Mercs

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 8:54pm
hmmmm so its possibly do-able in a 4.6metre boat on a good day, from Opito.......

I think there could be a devious plan in the works......

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:28pm
Looking at the chart its closer to 10 nautical miles i think from Red. About 17-18 from Opito. Thats to the 200 contour
Was out there in my 5.5 glass boat last week. You would be ok in good weather  

Posted By: requin
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:39pm
The Hook is 8.8 nm from the SE corner of Red  26.4 NM from Opito and 34nm from Whitianga. In a small boat you realy need to pick your days as it can be a long ride back to shelter

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:52pm
roger that....will see how things pan out Thumbs Up

Posted By: riga
Date Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm
requin is on to it with the distances, we have been out there and beyond to the 500m mark ne of the hook in our 5.5m tinny but it was a flat day, if you get a flat day the hook will be within your reach

Posted By: otdrmn
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:25am
Just be aware of an afternoon sea breeze that can often kick up fairly quickly out there, be a fun long ride home in a 4.4mtr.

-------------
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 9:25am
A word of warning - Often sea conditions in the hook area can be very glassy and close to shore its very choppy - look for westerly conditions where its not like glass but a slight westerly chop then in the afternoon the westerly stops the seabreeze from developing and you get a calm trip home and it wont be to bad out wide for you. I'd say you dont need to get out that wide to be chasing marlin this weekend though by the looks of things the bait and temp will be nice and close - we've hooked up in 50m of water inside the aldies 2 times now. both times this time of year. 

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 9:54am
if the weather holds we are heading out friday for a looksie, any latest news on where the bait is or where anyone has had any strikes lately, cheers

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 6:57pm
in close is the word i have -

Posted By: carlostairua
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 7:47pm
we had a blue marlin on for 15 mins or so on in much the same place as boulder last week, first decent stint trolling for the year after some jigging first thing, gunned it up to boulders marks and worked it, didn't take long, had a shot the next day too, most of the fish i've heard of have been inside 200, hook or back of the aldies. looking forward to a decent shot over the next few weeks

Posted By: Kas
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 8:31pm
you got any marks mate?

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:06am
cheers tobez and epic, change of plans though, heading to white this weekend instead, will be there for the whiti classic though

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 11:54am

ocean monarch agged a 150kg blue this morning - 22deg at the hook

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 1:31pm
and another fish - diddnt hear the model, wasnt a black -  weighing fish at 4-430

Posted By: Adam...
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:22pm
that'll be a stripey from Athena got it up was tailwrapped

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:34pm
yup - roving repoter whiti fisho reported in

3 in the gear this morning but no luck - not him
stripy s/e of the aldies
triple strike lost 2 still fighing the third
water hot and work ups all over

whitifisho reports 3mako's and 2 snapper for his days efforts .

Posted By: JUST ANOTHER FISHERMAN
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 6:24pm
AHHHH bring is on for this weekend ...

Good luck to all and see some of u at the whanga One base.

Very jealous As i am not out this weekend.

-------------
www.justanotherfisherman.co.nz

Mr & Mrs Style Ltd.
Design / Production / Merchandising.
Small run fishing tees and Graphics available.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:35pm
1 t@r stripey and 2 weighed today from Whangamata, Nautigirls comp tomorrow, 780 entries already,see you at Classic Ecstacy, going to be a good oneThumbs Up

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:15am
two boats fighting marlins now and one mahi landed
_

escapade T/R stripie bout 90kg

-

another taggged - missed the boat name over the vaccume cleaner noiise

-

tagit dropped a stripy at the boat - hard luck fullas

-

people still hooking up and dropping - been a bit quiet while the mayday was in place on 61

lost track of how many fish got today - heaps and heaps - couple of chukkas, many mahimahi..great day had by all - im giving it my only shot of the season tomorrow - yay

Posted By: MtFisherman
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:38pm
We were out today. Had 3 shots tagged 1 sripey est 90-100kg. Most of the action in about 140m. Quite a few caught and a couple tagged. One blue 232kg? and one good stripey 150kg?.

Posted By: VENTURER
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:49pm
where were you mtfisherman we were between mayor and aldies on those lines only had one hit at 96metres  but didnt stick

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:40pm
yup stripy at 154.2kg ..nice fish, fat man - died and went to the bottom
nice blue - first time angler..lucky bugger
6 weighed tonight and 3 mahi - poss jnr record

Posted By: Fishb8
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:24am
That's a good recovery job, getting a 154 kg fish off the bottom - blardy hard work - well done !!

-------------
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

Posted By: Uncle
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:53am
Originally posted by tobez tobez wrote:

-

tagit dropped a stripy at the boat - hard luck fullas

-

people still hooking up and dropping - been a bit quiet while the mayday was in place on 61

What channel are they using tobez?
61 or 62?

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:15pm

Uncle , 61 for talk and Gamebase, 86 Whitianga Coast Guard.

Fair firing here at the mo, was out yesterday and the skipper lost one nice stripey after a 10 mins as was using " a knife at a gunfight"Disapprove

Had another strike, but didn't stick. Quietened  down in the area we were in so headed home about 4.30 as other commitments demanded...  The fish that was bought up from down deep tail wrapped,was hooked up along side us. put on a great display - a nice fish.

Some beautiful water here now, at last. We didn't see any birdlife to speak of,or anything else happening, except bait on the sounder about 30-50 m down. stayed in the area, but the bites just came outa nowhere really. Small lures seemed the go for us. We were  in 130-140m all day,straight out in the guts.. Seems to be where the majority of bites are.

Plenty of  fish about today, going by the VHF.

Cheers.

Posted By: MtFisherman
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:07pm
Out again today. Back of Red Merc 140m. Quieter for us today. Had one shot, hooked up - nice fish. Had it on for about 10mins before losing it about 40m from boat after it ran towards us. Most hook ups early in the morning or late afternoon/evening. Alot of boats out today and yesterday.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:13pm

yea mum had a fight for a few hours on that 152k stripey but she did it in the end,half hour after that tagged another so excellent weekend up there 3 tauranga boats came home with a tally of 6 fish good odds really,140m 5 mile south of the hook seemed to be all the action for the two days multiple hookups by most boats in the area,

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:56pm
congratulations to all the anglers that weighed or tagged fish, amazing weekend. good on you ellery and cheryl for your work on the wharf. sno and blink are flat out. i was talking to one of the guys that was out there today, they saw 15, had 5 hits but didn't get one to the boat. hopefully we will get our boat finished this week and go and pop our cherry next weekend.

how did you go today toby?

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:59pm
Was a mean weekend for you adam awsome fishing bro good to see the tallys up for tauranga

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:01pm

another 6 fish weighed today

and another went to blinks for smoaking
i diddnt hear any T/R but still good odds in a small area -
silver mare got a triple and landed one
waihou legend another
few dropped
we had one shot that gulfed the fruit salad on the short corner - unfortate today, still a virgin

amazing day on the water

seiner is working off castle rock  - stink one

Posted By: ancient mariner
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:06pm
Its firing alright! Yahoo, be there soon, only 6 sleeps!

Posted By: phantomdeviant
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:28am
Mean sounder shots TobezThumbs Up

-------------
Skirt Pulla

Posted By: monarch
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:36am
yeah fair firing on the 140 tagged blue fri early and a stripey at 5pm had couple shots sat and 1yesterday trailer boats hooking up allround the place best ive seen in years

Posted By: Niggly
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 8:30am
Certainly good when the fish are in these numbers and the conditions are so nice. Sadly our fish yesterday was foul hooked and flopped into the mud. Hard work trying to work him up with just me and my 9YO boy on board driving.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:14am
EPIC  just boated a marlin
well done on the fish dale
-

another boat hooked up

-

what ever has a double hook up

-

i think it was precision  from kennedy bay just landed a fish, weighing this avo

-

RADAR - has fish at boat

-

ACIANO tag and release a 120kg stripie of a pack of 4

-

one boat has tagged 2 this morning - missed the name

-

another tagged 110kg- they have just hooked up again while setting the gear- lady called denise

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:18am
Congrats to EPIC/

3 more sleeps. till whanga.

-------------

Mr & Mrs Style Ltd.

Posted By: Boz19
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 12:57pm

Congrats Carl, nice work mate

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Fishb8
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:41pm
Wow - seems to be firing!!

-------------
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

Posted By: Mark Edwards
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:49pm
had a text from Carlos earlier re their fish, great work....bet he is stoked

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:58pm
Cant remember fishing like this for a long time ,unbelievable the number of fish that are being seen ,hooked up dropped ,tagged or bought in for the smoker .This morning already I think the total tagged ,or being bought in is 8-9 .Allthe action seems to be in the middle ground in 140-200 mtrs .Otdrman,Graeme if you want to burst that cherry this week or this coming weekend you would be your best chance with most boats experiencing multiple strikes per day and in real close .Three forum members got marlin on Sunday The organ Grinder ,niggly and Blair (Silver Mare ) that I know about .Blairs was a triple strike of which they dropped 2 and boated 1.Looking good for the Cassic ,One base and The Trailer boat ,heaps of fish out there ,2 more being played as I type this 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:38pm
ANOTHER 4 T/r
Lelani on its second at the mo
hey steve - why hell arent youthere with us yesterday - stop pissing about ith makos and come get some fish

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:59pm
Tell Tim to get some seasick pills and maybe we would have got a little bit wider than 100mtrs instead of coming home 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:04pm
Hey Doug bout time your on here,yea was good kane hope weather good this weeknd coming gotta get back up there a.s.a.p,don't see fishing like that every summer thats for sure

Posted By: BountyHunter
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:07pm
Thanks for the updates, itching to get back to Whitianga, the forecast looks better than we had at the ladies tournament! So listen out for Bounty Hunter on Thursday! 

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:38pm
Brian Escapade is up to 3 T&R today Lelani has 2  and  Whatever has number four T& R for the day Infinity has two I think ,Yes its all go at the moment,Seasave calmed down allot since the Ladies and the warm water has pushed right in close I had 21 between Cobra and Whale yesterday

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:45pm
Hey Whiti-fishio

Are all these fish coming from that same middle ground area 140 - 200m

With this new's these next two day at work will go so slow.....

Thanks for the updates

-------------

Mr & Mrs Style Ltd.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:49pm

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:53pm
Awesome fish..

Adam your mum Must have been stocked..... Another Pin for the Family.

-------------

Mr & Mrs Style Ltd.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 4:57pm
Ecstacy ,yep all in that area ,have a look at your SST and you will see why

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:01pm
John Neighbours on Infinity ,who has been keeping our records forever and a day was just saying he cant remember ever having 1 boat T&R 4 marlin in one day here in Whiti

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:08pm
Total so far 10 T&R 1 to weigh and still playing a couple ,sounds like 15 or more caught today including Tairua boats 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:12pm
Hw many boats fishing today mate

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:20pm
Not that many as I understand maybe 6.8 from Whiti ,dont know how many from Tairua 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:26pm
Radar has two fish already and is playing a double now

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:34pm
bugger this i might quit work and go back there for two weeks solid i think,yougoin back up this wknd kane?

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:43pm

RADAR has 3 for the day, just taggged another

WHATEVER has tagged 4 today

ANESIS - tagged 3 i think, migh have kept one

lots of fish here fellas

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:45pm
Add to those stats 2 Dropped fish on friday - and 3 x Dropped on Saturday! will be back at it later this week fingers crossed to get one to stick!

All of our hook ups were S/E of the Aldies in 140 - 200 temps were good at the time there.. 

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 5:54pm
So far today: Whatever T/R 4; Escapade T/R 3; Leilani T/R 1; Asiano T/R 1; Infinity T/R 2; Radar T/R 3. haven't heard about  Anesis today Tobez? One trailer boat from kennedy bay to weigh one. Not a bad day so far...

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:28pm
who is the lady dianne bob?..pretty sure it was anesis but i was pretty busy at work so missed alot

Posted By: Woodrow
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:42pm
Will be coming up from Whanga on Thursday sure sounds like it is going off, reminds me of the first day of the Whanga Classic about 6 or 7 years ago when it was just insane with the number of Marlin around, how far north of the aldies ?????

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
3-4 miles SE of Red would be a good start point

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm

Thanks for that, at the Whanga ladies on the weekend most hook ups were early in the morning so best we get up north early, listen for Sportcraft Boats that will be us. 

Posted By: Bill Collector 1
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:38pm
going to leave Whangamata round 8.30 and get up there for looksie if any one wants to come?
and well done to all who have  got fish, wicked few days,going to be beauty classic this year

Posted By: Saltiga
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:41pm

who is the lady dianne bob?..pretty sure it was anesis but i was pretty busy at work so missed alot
ANESIS - is Tony Richards boat

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:54pm
don't spose anyone wants to buy a garage or a new concrete drive or build a bach...... stuck on dry land till the next commission...Cry Love to help weigh your fish tho, gosh its either a famine or a feast round here.

Really hope they stick around for a few more weeks!

anyone see any tuna? where are they this year ??

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:34pm
certainly some fish out there, our stripey today came from a sighted fish from one of the guys on board while we were jigging, lures in the water for 30 seconds....played, boated, back to the kingis....tasted f****n good tonight too

Posted By: Nuthead
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:50pm
I'm coming up tomorow for five days, pretty sure I won't get any sleep tonight!  

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 10:52pm
see ya tomorrow shane, marlin on the bbq tomorrow night at my place bro

Posted By: manoftheland
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 9:13am
Hope they are still around this weekend! Might be the time to lose the marlin virginity! Cant wait!

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by walter walter wrote:

don't spose anyone wants to buy a garage or a new concrete drive or build a bach...... stuck on dry land till the next commission...Cry Love to help weigh your fish tho, gosh its either a famine or a feast round here.

Really hope they stick around for a few more weeks!

anyone see any tuna? where are they this year ??
i have a very capable boat walter but no mney to put gas in it, got half a tank tho - give us a ring 8660939

Posted By: Cut Loose
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 11:39am
Looking forward to popping a few cherries on Team Canna Fish Woodrow , see ya there , can't waitSmile

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 1:31pm

i have a very capable boat walter but no mney to put gas in it, got half a tank tho - give us a ring 8660939
I have the same problem! I'll give you a call. Cheers.

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 7:01pm
Anyone heard any reports today, hopefully it is still going off.

Posted By: Tone E
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 7:48pm
I'm with Adam34964

I quit...

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 8:16pm
yea Tone E its tempting aint it 

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 8:23pm
Like Queen St out there i am told and not to good on numbers caughtWink

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz