Replies:
Posted By: sink
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 5:55pm
Same here mokau trench tomorrow

Posted By: Lethal
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 6:57pm
who got that one Smudge?????

-------------
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing

Posted By: skidoggg
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 8:35pm

any idea of depth and diraction from bar  mite scoot out on sunday

Posted By: Wefaknis
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 9:30pm
in 80 meters behind the bar

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 11:17pm
Not sure who the angler was Eric, a Counties member is all I know. I dont think they are forum members.

Posted By: Boulder
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 7:11pm
Yes he is a f.net member but dosnt post much
Boat name is Mahoe Howie the mad butcher from Pukekohie

-------------
http://www.boulderguiding.co.nz">

http://www.boulderguiding.co.nz">www.boulderguiding.co.nz

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 8:37pm
yay got windows again and swellmap looks better by the day for sunday ...the west is calling and the mofo is happy again...anyone got the sst for manakau?

Posted By: wanabe
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:32pm
Going over the Manukau bar tomorrow can any one give me the heads up on deep or close

Posted By: sid fishus
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 9:48pm
Also going out over bar tomorrow, will see what we can see!

Posted By: T_CARP
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 10:44pm
Craig is his name cant remember last name.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 11:39pm
I dont know the guy personally but yeah Boulder is onto it.... the Mad Butcher from Pukekohe.

I know two guys that were out today, one of them yesterday, albies were at 67m but no marlin caught or seen. One guy, quite experienced didnt even get an albie but another fulla got two.

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:20am

Left Mokau on the high tide at eight yesterday morning with a reasonable s/west swell breaking on the bar. Got through after a big set and headed towards the mokau trench in slightly lumpy seas. Slowed at 50 meters and caught a few albies and skippies for bait and then continued on our 60 mile trip. A wind against the swell was making progress uncomfortable with whitecaps gradually becoming bigger so at a 115 meters we set some lures to troll. Water wasnt really good 19 deg and green but much more comfortable to travel in. Saw a sunfish and a large mako on the way. Once we hit the 150 meter mark 7 tuna boats came into view workin the trench and southern shelf. However the tuna seem to have shifted and 1 boat had only caught 9 tuna by 11-30 am. They all promptly headed north, destination off muriwai. Pulled in the gear at 200 meters and popped the locks on the puka cupboard. Less than 1minute after the baits hitting the bottom both rods were buckled with puka around 20kg. 3 drifts and 7 puka later the sea had flattened out so a clean up and back to trolling. Went out to 400 meters and worked the northern bank of the trench. Sadly very little sign of life this trip but good to get out and explore this awesome play ground 

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:23am

Posted By: Fishb8
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
Nice work!!
Many albies at 50 metres?

-------------
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 11:47am
Yeah, but coke bottle versions.

Posted By: K_N_B
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:16pm
Nice work sink. Many skippies and what depth?

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 8:12pm
Quite a big school at 150 meters

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:14pm
did my first trip over manukau bar today. Awesome conditions in morning. No luck for us on the big uns. Heaps of alberts in several patches with quite a few other trailer boats out there today workin them. Went pretty wide but never really got out of the greenish water. Nice to have such direct access to good offshore water so close to AK.

Launched from French bay where the coastguard is, which was sweet when the tide was in but at bit of a pain at mid tide.  What is the first choice for boat ramps on the Manukau? Is huia better at lower tides? Or is there another option?

Posted By: the demon
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:24pm
Sounds like a good had though sid, beats work.I have only launched at huia,tight but good ramp at the end with a slight dog leg.Yes its ok at mid tide,but wouldnt go it at low.Dont beach launch and esspecialy dont retrieve from the beach you wagon will sink in the sand.The best thing is you are 5 minutes from the bar also.Cheers

Posted By: 2SHITS
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 9:40pm
Fishus, get into any skippies out der?? - Huia beach launch is sweet as, but make sure da boats floatin if its outgoin tide... retreiving on da low is a pain in da arse so mid tide is da go - mate was out today and got heaps of albies and skippies in da 30-60m line after beach launchin somewhere else....

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 10:20pm
No skippies for us only alberts which you could probably have filled the boat with...... Might take a fly rod next time for the crack!  Schools of them scattered  from 60m on out. Seemed to disappear a bit in the afternoon though.

Posted By: lodgie
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:43am

i have a 7m trophy, launch at little huia all the time low or high tide all good we went out over the kaipara on tues bar was a little lumpy water was green as **** loads of big skippies and afew good sized albies but  no marlin and it doesnt look like there will be unless the water comes good went out to 170 and no change green as 

Posted By: Tinky
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:43am
Sid, we launch from Cornwallis. Again tide dependent. I have found that 2hrs before low and and hour after there is not enough depth to launch or retrieve. Sand is more than hard enough for a 4wd vehicle to use. Forcast for Toots seems to be improving so might go there this weekend. if not i will be launching a 6am on Sat at Cornwallis. Will be two boats, Tinky and Reel Screamer.

-------------
Have boat - must fish!

Posted By: wanabe
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 11:37am
Had a good day some skips no alberts 2 mako's and saw a free jumper, lots of dolphins north east 100 and behind the bar 65 a little bumpier than milk yesterday but calmed off in afternoon swell ok

sea sick people try adding to the Paihia bombs some blackmores travel calm ginger it makes a good day great no side affects and settles the stomach

Posted By: pulsin
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 2:09pm
living the dream at the moment, have managed a pass for a west coast trip, then a softy drift prob rangi all in the same weekend, heading out over manukau bar tommorrow, heading for a snapper fish, then on to try and find some marlin, haven't heard alot from out here, whats the chat at the mo, depth direction and lure color, can't wait is it tommorrow yet.

tight lines enoy the long weekend auckland fishos

Posted By: ancient mariner
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:44pm
Anybody reporting Raglan on this thread?

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 11:12pm
It's pretty quiet from what I've heard, marlin have been caught as posted earlier albies at 60m or thereabouts. One of our club boats has been out 4 days in a row now..... nothin.

Posted By: craysee
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:05am
another one out yesterday had 1 shot early and another on breifly.

You will know if there are many fish out there this week, The counties one base is on Wed - Sat fishing out of the manakau.
Weather is looking Good, 80+ boats should briing some results, rather than the few that are out there at the moment.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:19pm
went out manakau today , water temps between 19.5 and 21.2 out to 100m up to cables.albies and skippys  no big bites for us. sea conditions were crap with 2/3 m swells from the south making for a bumpy ride home.south chanel absolute whitewash but north good , had some fun comin back thru the surf on the bar. was also a mof checkpoint at dam on way home good on them !

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:20pm
south chanel...

Posted By: Blue Asparagus
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:27pm
mate if you have the time tow up to toots or the bay it seems to be happening am going out tomorrow

-------------
Ultimate GAME Fishing Adventures. Northland

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:35pm
had to test this new bling make sure it was up to west coast standards..

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:37pm
lol what did that set you back

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:41pm
some skippys for bait and a cupla bags of aplecores to join mr eel in the bradley tomorow..

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:42pm
birthday pressy ! $79 at supercheap or similar $140 at repco

Posted By: otdrmn
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by skidoggg skidoggg wrote:

F### that!
You got bigga nads than me

-------------
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 11:27pm
No worries for Ski Otdrmn, he would take that on in a kayak .... in the dark ..... paddling backwards ...  with a broken paddle. Cool

What do the albies smoke up like Ski? Keen to nab some for the smoker next week.

Posted By: billfish
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 12:24am
Aye, in Ski's day e ad it tuff.  Cross the bar, upside down  in a bathtub, no paddle, an when 'e got 'ome is farva wood cut 'im in two with a bait knife.. if e were lookie.

Posted By: shaneg
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 12:28am
Goooo Wanabae -marlin with your name on it is out there -you've done 1 day off west coast  (THIS YR)  so your way ahead of me -I've only done 1 day off tuts -1day out west counts for 3 off tuts.  You've got 2 go for for it good man -may the MARLIN FIND YOU (they will when your OUTHTHERE - drop in some time to the asb gate)  and I may be able to help n the quest.  Fishin girls comp nx weekend hopefully -but may be able to help u afta that -bout time some one who lives it got one.  Hope your gettin offers from others. Take nothnin for granted I say! Thanx for the book Shaneno!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:48am

haha you know its a crap day when you the only boat out there and your copping greenies over the windscreen every 3rd wave , even eyeballs was chuckin up !and its not like him to waste food !makes you feel good to be in a good seaworthy hardtop boat thats for sure...

smudge smoked albacore tuna is mean as they dont call it chicken of the sea for nothin . !however dont try the skippys smoked absolutly disgusting !! we were still gettin em at 60 m just behind the bar . just run a of bungys on the corners with macskippys and you cant miss. have a fishbin with a lid ready and as soon as you fling em in there a quick icky and  cut behind pec fins to bleed , when all the flapping stops whip the fillets off and put in a bag on ice

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:52am
north channel outgoing tide ,southerly wind ...

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:55am
you can just see the bar in the background but there was no way i was takin my hands off the wheel to take a pic goin thru there !she was hammers down and even then i was thinkin 2 motors would be nice!the outgoin tide really   makes the swell stand up !

Posted By: kaimana
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 4:11pm
cant have been that bad or ski would have gone for a swim through the bar to see if the boat could handle it first

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 10:03pm
They're like sparrows out there!

3 weighed today at CSFC One Base, from 93kg or thereabouts to 130+ (sorry not got all the details) to a 15yr old guy on his first gamefish - he stuck a couple of tags into makos also - all up we had over 30 makos tagged. Forum member Biteme2000 and something was on the boat for the big fish maybe he can supply more details..... yoohoo Mark!!!

One was t & r also.

Not wanting to lower our lofty standards to stink old game fish we concentrated on bottom fishing today & guess what?

Heaviest gurnard... not to me but to Denise on our boat at least.

What we did have was a sun fish swim around our boat in only 12m pretty cool dont you think?

The bar was flat as no worries at all so ski wont be interested ... Out wide it was pretty flat too by all accounts, looking even better tomorrow! Tuna were showing up around the 40m mark if my drunken neighbour knows what he's on about.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 10:24pm
Shizzle sticks - 30 plus makos tagged on a week day... has da comp started already Shocked

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 11:15pm
Yeah today was the first day, 90+ boats. Fantastic.

Posted By: craysee
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:52am
There were a heap of boats not fishing the first day through work commitments etc.
I will find out the figures and put up a full post after the tournament.

Man it is flat arse calm out there, I snapped my steering cable at 100M so am now home for repairs.
back on the water by 10 hopefully.

A jury rig tiller got us into the bar and EZonOD towed us over the north channel at 18 Knots against a 4-5 Knot current. Thanks Jas.

cheers craysee

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:59am
Lucky you had a calm day!!

-------------

Posted By: Seth
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:01am
Here you go guys, pics of the current leader in the Comp.  Not in the comp myself but managed to get down there after work just before this one came in Thumbs Up

135.8KG Stripped Marlin

Also saw something else a bit rare for the west coast waters... a small Dolphin Fish/Mahi Mahi, think it was around the 2 - 3 kg mark

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:02am
Also notice that it was tagged first before they decided to keep it, lucky that they didLOL

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:33pm
Nice one Seth awesome.Thumbs Up

Just heard today from the wife of a fella I work with that he got a Stripey a few days agoClap

He launched his waka off Bayleys Beach Dargaville, will provide details when I learn more.

But good stuff, Steve Waters for those that know himClap

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: Weighmaster
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:40pm
so the old POM got one

its good to see age hasn't slowed him down.

well done

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">
trolling one knot faster, one degree off course, is where we should have been yesterday? or !

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 6:50pm
Yes Paul, the Pom is still the legend, with a few records to boot, damn top fisho, will get the details ASAP.

Cheers Al

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: Kezza
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 7:06pm
interesting to see the dollies back off the Manukau again this season - last year they appeared to be in plague proportions for a couple of weeks.......go ya ears on AC?.....might pay to pack a soft plastic spin set for Saturday. Thumbs Up

Posted By: A C
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

interesting to see the dollies back off the Manukau again this season - last year they appeared to be in plague proportions for a couple of weeks.......go ya ears on AC?.....might pay to pack a soft plastic spin set for Saturday. Thumbs Up

It's still in the boat cuzz ............. with all the rest of the clobber Big smile 

-------------
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.

Posted By: cod
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:29pm
what was caught out their today

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:12pm
Maihimahi in plague proportions.. bring it on!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:06pm
Last year there were a lot of mahimahi caught, I however was unlucky with my gurnard rig ... all I caught was gurnard! There was a tiny mahi caught today .. under a kilo but it shows they are there.

Ski, I took your advice, Macskippies are well known to me and we dragged a blue one around today, along with another brand, 4 nil to you Uncle! We lost the best one at the boat that was tail wrapped, but we still managed 2nd tuna ... churrrr. The albie is going in the smoker as soon as I'm off here.

One marlin t&r for Counties today but plenty of action seen. We had some serious work ups of skippies and albies feeding on saury, gannets and dolphins everywhere at 60 to 67m as we headed south from the bar. After we left a boat called in a free jumper from there. The water looked good to me but then I consider light brown a good water colour, temp was 21.6 on our ff. I think the most action is coming from 80 to 110m.

Yesterday the bar and the Tasman were great, today the conditions just got better. Amazing, game fish or not it was one of the best days I've had out there.

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:24pm
Sounds like a great day out smudge - all da west side beakies must of been goin up da Waikato river headin towards ACDC - maybe 2moro will be the day with a new wsw swell rising Smile cheers on da report...

Posted By: Skoti
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 11:36pm
Sounds like it's all go out west , couldn't have asked for better weather too ! !
Cool pics Seth , I'm going to have a look at the weigh-in tomorrow arvo , probably saturday too .

-------------
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 8:56am

Got out there again in the afternoon and not a lot coming in.  Lots of skippies/snapper KY and gurnard caught.  Some guys that must be fishing out of port waikato turned up in their car with 4 decent kingies and that was about it.  Will be out there again this afternoon so hopefully a bit more action

Posted By: mangre 2
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:10am
whats the mobile reception like off the Kaipara

-------------
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/

Posted By: H2O_dependant
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:48pm
Phone reception in the Kaipara is patchy at best - offshore it pretty much dissapears once out a couple of miles - which is pretty good as no one can interrupt your fishing....

Posted By: rodg
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 4:50pm

Telecom is no good out there.    I will be off the Kaipara on sunday.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:50pm

Planning on being out off Kaipara tomorrow - suspect will be a few less boats than off Manukau which makes things a bit quieter.

Posted By: karm
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:37pm
could someone tell me what radio channel to tune in off Manukau please

cheers

-------------
http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/uploads/53719/Legasea-contributor-avatar.jpg

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:58pm
81 for the ManukaU BAR, we have our own radio channel for the comp but I not going to say what is .... bad aye!

Today there were two weighed 104 and 113 plus one T&R.

Lots of marlin seen, lots of sorry tales but the bottom line is three were caught. Conditions today were fantastic although the bar was working a little harder today although it was nowhere near dangerous. The North West channel was just about a no go but the South channel was fine for us.

Meanwhile on the gurnard front all is quiet. I know you guys really care about that.

Forum member BiteMe_2008 is crew on the leading boat at the moment with a young man only 15 yrs old his first gamefish and it is 130 something kg, I hope he wins it overall he is on the right boat that's for sure!

Geez these reports are hard to write after a few Steinies...

Posted By: BIG DOG
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:01pm
81 is the coast guard for out there think the counties club may run there own channel also. People also use 63 for chit chat.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:18pm
Old man just got in from the kaipara hot water and got very blue from 60m. He managed to loose my brand new Joe Yee meadium plunger in lumo. I only got it last week and hadn't even seen it in the water. He traced it up and snuck it out as I wasn't able to go today.

Lure was flat lined on the short corner.Got monstered by a marlin just south of the Kaipara trench and then the main line pinged. turn aroun for another pass and had another fish up straight away.Had a go at a pakula smoking joe then pissed off.

acres and acres of skippies all over the place. Only saw one other boat out.

about to order another lure from Melton tackle!!!

Will give it a nudge on Sunday.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 6:53am
Bugga!! You'd have to replace it, wouldn't you?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:36am
big Dog

thanks for th e info mate ,

boat & car are packed we headin out

-------------
http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/uploads/53719/Legasea-contributor-avatar.jpg

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:38am
Hey to anyone who wants to come out west tomorrow ...may have 1 spare spot

pm me or phone/txt me on 0274 812 726

I won't get messages until we return tonight

cheers

Mark

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:07pm
Any one got any news for Kaipara or Manukau ???

Trying to decide which bar to cross tomorrow.

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:16pm
up to 22 deg behind manakau bar   21. 4 further north towards cables ,heaps of boats , albys and skipys everywhere  lots of acrobatic makos and the odd marlin or two or 3 ? caught 

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:18pm
how did you go ski?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:22pm

we landed and released a mako also droped another mako and lost a stripy

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:32pm
this one didnt get away ...

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 8:37pm

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:39pm
Went out Kaipara today - conditions good for the little 5.2m stabi. A dozen Albacore mostly between 45m and 70m - 80 metres and outward was mostly Skippies aabout 15 of those to fill the freezer - one which was munched in half by an unseen mako. No Marlin seen. Sammy the seal was out at Kaipara Trench an managed to boat a 40lb puka from the trench. Nice day out. Sorry Matt - not sign of the $200 fresh from Hawaii lure your old man lost yesterday - should not have left it with them eh....

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:47pm
Today Team Rainmaker headed Westside out from the Manukau and it was absolutely stunning.

2 hours in and we had an awesome example of a solid striped marlin come in a smash the long rigger and did the haka 30ms from the transom, ran out a bunch of line  before unceremoniously flipping us the bird and buggering off....insert expletive....would have very much liked to have seen that fish up close and personal like....gorgeous fish!! (105m Karekare)

a little while later we encounted a free jumper...errrr ummm....jumping!....did a series of 20 or so belly flops and half arse attempts at 'grey hounding'....should have some good footage of it going spastic! (115m Karekare)

all the while putting coke bottle sized phat-alberts in the slurry with regular frequency. (everywhere from 80-110m)

did I mention it was a stunning day out there....saurie showers, alberts and skippies busting up all over the show, blistering sun, 5 knot variables, great company, good food and positive anticipation.....etc etc

Heading home we spied a marlin smashing up some bait about 500m away, turned and chased.....got to where the activity was and sure enough there is the cutest little marlin (50-60kg) you ever did see with a mini meatball all of it's own.....ohhhhhhh......turned it off the bait and into the spread for a good couple of minutes trying it's hardest to eat every lure.....no matter how many times we all shouted "eat the fkucking thing you cunnox" it would not....damn....no baits!!....anyhoo....after periodically squirting off line from a couple of reels it too lost interest and pi$$$ed off.....(80m North Whatipu)

and that was our lot...mean day and a great way the "break" in the Rainmaker's gamefishing 'career'....next time bro......next time!!

Was magic being back on my home patch again - thanks heaps to Capt AC and Angler George!!

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 9:59pm
awesome guys well done, good to see you still dropping themm AC me old chinaLOL did you swear at Kez must have been his faultLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:01pm
Sounds like an awesome day, eh, Kezza!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:03pm
no BA - he was in his happy place today (and when I left him on his deck this evening even more so).....don't think anything would have rattled his cage....at one with the world and all of gods creatures!!!!

Not wrong Roy - one out of the bag - stunning - I like gayme fishing again!!

PS....the really nice stripey mentioned above hit the same lure as AC got him mammoth black on off Taheke.....FFS STOP IT KEZZA!!....SNAPPER DAMN IT!!

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 10:28pm
Top report Kez, you should have dived over the side with cam in one hand and big long tag pole in the other and dealt to the cute striped kitten. ClapClapLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:45am
Awsome day out guy's - Kezz said it all, good crew, good weather, good food, bin full of alberts for the smoker and a couple of stripies to play with for a short while.

We decided that George would be the angler for the day, being the jammy mailto:b@stard - b@stard he is as he pulled a double of Sails from under my nose in Vava'u - we thought he would be able to do the same for Marlin, well he almost did.

Because he decided single handedly to loose both fish Clown we voted he cook some fresh Albert on the BBQ at home and serve the hard working skipper and ace deckie some well earned kai............ and some raw too, nice.

I was wondering how the 4 stroke would affect the fishing, with the old motor all we ever caught were sharks and small tuna, never had a marlin anywhere near the gear. Two shots yesterday have got me all interested in small boat game again.

Launched at L Huia at 7.00am and back on the beach just after 5.00pm, 8 hours solid trolling and two 15 mile runs to the grounds and back ........... 92 liters gas Thumbs Up. Not bad for a 175hp, actually I can't find a word that describes how happy I am about that, 'impressed' doesn't quite cut it.

Cheers Kezz for a superb day. Cool

-------------
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

awesome guys well done, good to see you still dropping themm AC me old chinaLOL did you swear at Kez must have been his faultLOL

It woz fkkucking George wot did it Steve. LOL

-------------
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.

Posted By: Panga
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:14am
Yes that George is a jammy fella, Im taking him with me as a mascot for the nationals.
at least he didnt lose any of the lures I lent him.

-------------
I ONLY FISH HANDMADE KOJAK CUSTOM RODS.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:49am
Wicked stuffs Kerren & Andy.Thumbs Up

It was a pearler out there yesterday again, 4 days of beautiful conditions, we were mainly bottom fishing of course, but we snuck out to 70m without a sign of bird or fish life, 2 days before it was humming. We were reading a tad over 22 degrees yesterday. Lots of reports from the boys though of marlin sightings with three caught. A very big one was seen alongside one of the succesful boats yesterday but they couldnt convince it to have a plastic meal.

Posted By: mangre 2
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:08am
good stuff, sounds like it was one of those days......... 

-------------
Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/

Posted By: Espresso
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:16am
Hey great stuff guys, good to hear the westside story, and that there be fish there.

Mmmm, Bradley smoked Albert..

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:31am
Nice report Kerren and AC.   Nice to see Rainmaker well west of Rangitoto finally.   I expect to see Rainmaker out there a bit now eh AC with that 4/s motor she's now sporting.   Really could not have picked a better, more gentle day for her bar deflowering despite the rough crew riding her.
Embarrassed

Me, Ski and Ian gave it a crack out west yesterday too and we also had our moments of excitement in the sun but the proverbial cigar eluded us.  Ski may post a few picks later I expect.

Not a bad shake down run for the season.  I can see a few fish being pulled out west this year.   Ain't it magic that that game playground is just so close and accessible.  Had our last shot at 70m - knock down on the LR followed by a bullocking 100m run on the SG at 4.20 pm and was home washed up by 6.30. 

Alberts in the smoker as I write.   Lunch anybody?  Bring some french bread and a 6 pack.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:58am
well if i hadnt have seen it with my ow eysees i would never have believed it AC  in his own boat /"rainmaker" finally makes it out west to have a crack at one from his own boat ,thought i was dreamin but no check thru the camera and sure enuf thats his boat alright!

Posted By: odin
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 1:53pm
Got a all last night. Kevin Rigby boated a nice Stripey 102.7kg off the Manukau on Stew Collings boat. Around 35 min to the boat and came up tail wrapped. Congratulations guys, sounds like a nice fish. Ken Poulton hooked up an XXXOS Mako beside them when they were playing the Marlin only to drop it just after they boated the Marlin. They probably owe Ken a beer for distracting the brute from their fish Wink LOL Clap. Good on ya mate.
cheers
odin

-------------
www.fish-crazy.com

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:59pm
That's # 15 for Rigby .................. spoke to him last night,  nice one.

-------------
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.

Posted By: Wefaknis
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 6:23pm
another marlin across the counties scales today.... get out there

Posted By: otdrmn
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:23pm
Tough day off the Kaipara today, had one knock down and run from a BIG mako first thing then spotted a Marlin on the surface, got to within 10ft of it before it awoke lit up and was gone.

No Marlin from the Kaipara today

We did however make up for this with Gem Fish, Hapuka and Skippies.

G

-------------
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:11pm
Merve Wadell and crew on "Ice" killed a nice stripey today in same general area Kezza.  I think it went 128.  Got to get back there soon methinks.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:37am
indeedy Mr. Billfish......and a nice fish for the Mervsta as well!!!

Print Page | Close Window