Print Page | Close Window

Any football supporters here? :-)

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: General Sports Chat
Forum Description: Any rugby & other sports chat here please
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36696
Printed Date: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm

Topic: Any football supporters here? :-)
Posted By: shamus30609
Subject: Any football supporters here? :-)
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 9:35pm

Im a Hull FC supporter :-) Its amazing how far we have come this year, I reckon its fantastic that little clubs like ours can keep up with the bigger clubs.

Hopefully we can stay in this year :-)

Roar!!!

Replies:
Posted By: JK
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:03pm
yeah theres a few eh mate.

Boz supports the mighty west brom ( i think from memory)

levinlarge supports the arse

and well I support chelsea who having a piss poor run at the moment. Scolari and the boys just arent right!

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Posted By: NZTurtle
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 11:45pm
Come on JK, you know they are all worried about the global financial crisisWink

Go the Hammers!

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 3:27am
Looks like Chelsea and the Arse are too far off but ya never know.

I reckon Liverpool are the main dangers, I am made up Hull are doing so well :-) and man u look a bit tired, they need to beat Wigan today to stand any chance of winning the league.

Shamus

Posted By: studio1
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 8:39am
portsmouth

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 10:58am
So what are your picks for the title winner?

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 11:13am
man untd will win it without a doubt in my mind. Liverpool just dont have it where it counts and the rest wont feature.

Chelsea managed to get thru in the fa cup this morning 4 - 1 over Southend after being down 1 nil lol oh dear!

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 11:44am
I must admit there is only 2 in the running, chelski are to far off now me thinks....

Liverpool for me as Torres is back in, the other 2 big four are fighting it out for 4th I reckon....

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 7:03pm
Man u win...just! but Liverpool still top!

What a joke man city are, offering a signing fee of 100,000,000 pounds and then to pay him 500,000 pounds weekly!!!! and thats to go to a club that are fighting RELEGATION hahahahahahahahahahahha, gotta laff, and yes he turned it down. I wonder why.

Joke of the week :-)

Dont man city realise its more than money?????? There is a little thing called team and club SPIRIT/HEART/HISTORY that clubs like liverpool have (I want to say Hull but in all fairness our history isnt that grand, maybe in 10 years or so ;-)) .

Posted By: Anguilla
Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:54pm
So its down to Manchester United to defend the glory of England!!! (No surprises ther then!!!)TongueClapTongue

And almost sewn up the league, LFC certainly choked when the going got toughCry

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:49pm
Robbed!!! we was robbed!

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Robbed!!! we was robbed!

Talking about CHELSKI?  I agree but to be honest I think the tactics at teh Nou Camp let you down, why go and contain?  The away goal is CRUCIAL...

Posted By: Muppet
Date Posted: 09 May 2009 at 3:14pm
Yep Aston Villa for 20 mostly painful years doing well again a few very good player this summer and we can break the SKY 4 next season.

Chelsea were robbed severly by a ref I guarantee had orders from UEFA to stop Chelsea going through and I predicted the only way Chelsea would score is with a spectacular 30 yarder the ref could'nt possibly dissallow and thats what happened....
They were never going to win any penalties, score a 50/50 offside decision or from a set piece the ref would have disallowed them as he did.
Its been happening to English teams since the 70's through either clubs bribing or UEFA giving out their drectives and is an ongoing scandel that makes European football a joke most of the time.
Thats why I love the Premier league and its the better than the CL anyway.

Date Posted: 10 May 2009 at 9:51am
Hey Muppet you wont be too happy this morning...

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:00pm
Anguilla I ain't been happy since February with Villa mate,

Posted By: JTF
Date Posted: 28 May 2009 at 9:15pm
The man who finished off Man u this morning.
Barcelona 2
Ronaldo 0

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:55pm
Great result for the All Whites against the world cup holders

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:07am
Brazil 3
USA 0
Smile

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 6:09pm
Brazil 3
Septic Tanks 2

Posted By: Moocha
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm

Posted By: Grovo
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 2:01pm
Just found this thread, good to see theres some other football fans out there in the fishing community

Big dates left for the all whites this year are:
October 10th away
November 14th in Wellington
Playing either Saudi Arabia or Bahrain (play each other in September) for qualification to 2010 in South Africa, **** yeah, cmon the all whites. Got my final ever vet exams in November but know I'll be there in ny situation bar having an actual exam at game time..

-------------

Posted By: blackboat
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 9:03am
well its tottenham for me first saw them at wembley 81 cup final v man city and followed them ever since ,,,,,,,i just hope for once we start the season alot better than the previous few 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by blackboat blackboat wrote:

well its tottenham for me first saw them at wembley 81 cup final v man city and followed them ever since ,,,,,,,i just hope for once we start the season alot better than the previous few 

Ah yes the old jew boys,Me been supporting them since the late 70's blackboat.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 4:13pm
now we got dodgy Harry think we will go well this yr with the bean  pole up front ,defoe and keane back ,what a mess we got ourselves into going from top 5 twice to the other end of the table ,if Ramos was still there wed be relegated with that barcodes mob but seems now we should be alot better off so heres hoping

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2009 at 11:20am
Totts looking good so far Black boatClap

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by JTF JTF wrote:

yes look very good atm next couple of games will be interesting got a feeling we will do very well this yr,a major threat to the top four,,,didnt lose a top player in the window and gained some good players ,we seem to be much better as a unit playing and the bench depth looks to be one of the best in the prem consistance is the key something we have never had but if we can sort that and stay injury free to key personall then who knows ,,,,,,,shame about Modric hes a cracking player ,a big loss as with King Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by JTF JTF wrote:

yes look very good atm next couple of games will be interesting got a feeling we will do very well this yr,a major threat to the top four,,,didnt lose a top player in the window and gained some good players ,we seem to be much better as a unit playing and the bench depth looks to be one of the best in the prem consistance is the key something we have never had but if we can sort that and stay injury free to key personall then who knows ,,,,,,,shame about Modric hes a cracking player ,a big loss as with King Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 10:31am
Spurs are cack and will finish about 7/8th. Too many big heads in that squad and Arry has the morales of a dodgy second hand car dealer.

Villa will finish above them again which most Spuds hate with them thinking their a bigger side and all that.LOL
Arsenal are playing some cracking stuff right now but Chelsea will win it in the end have got a bet on it.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 11:30am
Agree Dan - had a bet on my boys since before the 1st round kicked off and reasonably confident at this stage. The true test however will be how we get through the African Nations Cup in January as it will have a pretty significant impact on our squad.

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 3:36pm
Yes Drogba is class is'nt he, he is my Fantasy team scoring me loads.

Should have got Fabregas instead Lampard though dammit. My Villa boys doing me proud and even Fatty Huddlestone got me a few this weekend.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Spurs are cack and will finish about 7/8th. Too many big heads in that squad and Arry has the morales of a dodgy second hand car dealer.

Villa will finish above them again which most Spuds hate with them thinking their a bigger side and all that.LOL
Arsenal are playing some cracking stuff right now but Chelsea will win it in the end have got a bet on it.

well Muppet we go to villa park in two games time didnt we stuff you there last yr ,your squad is too small and thin to go the distance remember last season you lot fell away when it mattered,you may of knocked 5 in against a poor bolton but you will have your work cut out against us ,but good to have some banter here mate should be a cracking game ill go 2-1 spurs Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 9:05am
But we did win at WHL last season did'nt we blackboat!!! We missed Laursen in the end but we have a raft of great defenders now and Big John Carew and Ash Young finding their form.

Will be a good game betwen us thats certain but I never thought the Spuds would stoop so low in appointing Harry Redknapp. I think you would be top of the league if Juande Ramos had stayed.......top of the championship that isLOL 

Posted By: Finatic
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 9:44am
Not a soccer fan at all, but I laughed my a$$ off last night when a player was being interviewed on the news. 

The interviewer asked "So, do you think it will come down to goals scored?". Amazed the player didn't reply something along the lines of "Ya fricken think so dribble dick?"LOL

-------------
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 10:01am
Redknapps a legend and great for the game!!

Liked him better in his West Ham days but think hes good for spurs. Hope they do alright (but not great)

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:20am

Arry is dodgy bung taking, twitchen chicken necked A$%^hole. If he ever became England manager I would be disgusted. I did'nt mind Spurs before he joined them.

Who would be a Liverpool fan right now! LOLLOLLOL 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:37pm
haha liverpool indeed! Nearly got rolled again today!

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:35pm

blimey they all say dodgy harry etc nothing but garbish if he was so bad you think we would of gone for him ,lets face it hes got the gift of the gab very cunning and damn good for us lot and hed be better than that capello twat for england who thinks heskeys the bee knees ,mate that donkey couldnt score in a brothell whats he done for villa ,yeah ramos would of sunk us couldnt believe how crap he was

-------------

Posted By: Shut up and fish
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:43pm
Go welly nix

-------------
Gidday Mate

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 6:50pm
Off to the CakeTin on Saturday to support the boys,hopefully they can shut those Sand Monkeys down.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 7:09pm
i didnt see the first leg match but what i did see we were lucky not to lose we really needed that away goal,it will be close this game

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:02pm
It was poor to below par,but with a home partisan soccer mad crowd,which sing and chant for the whole ninety,may bring them a win,but after that,it ill be 82 all over again. 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 8:59pm
yip 82 all over again but it would also being to play against the best in the world ,if i was in that NZ team and we made it i would hope to be in the group against the powerhouses of world football,germany,spain,italy,england,dutch etc unreal thats what it would be about for these lot

-------------

Posted By: deacs
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 11:35pm
Me, Grovo, Boz and a whole other bunch of westies will be down for the game, down from Auckland to palmy friday night then onto wellington, (from what i know a good chunk of the crowd will be from auckland why when games are up here nobody wants to go?) should be a good one, soft Bahrainians won't know whats hit them, freezing southerlies while they have been sunning it up in aus, who prepares in a totally different climate for there game? Mooses!
Might have been an average performanc eover there but we still had our chances which is promising, if the young striker (chris wood) had of stayed on side would have been 1-0, hate the away goals rule though which could shaft us, can't actually see us losing plenty of fire power now!

As for the rest of the garble on here, Totenham fourth at best, Villa 5th at best,  hope liverpool capitulate two more weeks for that idiot they have in charge "might not have been a penalty" what do you mean might! Birmingham were robbed.... gone in the first group stage of europe will fck them financially too this season, if they don't get into the champions league next year they will lose a lot of players
I'm lucky enough to have been born into the right side of Manchester (united!!) will be interesting this year though, Chelsea look good for it but will lose a lot of players with the african nations cup, Arsenal if they can keep injury free have been in some great form but they always have these patches then seem to drop off, struggle to beat top four sides , united havn't really got going but are hanging in there,  might see a couple of new signings in the transfer window depending on which team gets them could sway the championship.....

Bring on Saturday night!!!

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 11:09am
Yeah I think the All Whites can nick the win on Saturday would love this group in SA next yearLOL

England
Australia
South Africa
New Zealand

That would be gold.......

Posted By: Boz19
Date Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 11:22am
Come on you All Whites!!!!  Lets go ****ing mental!!!!

JTF - we have a group of 11 or so, but all making our way to Welly in different groups and staying all over the place. Want to get everyone to meet up at a pub somewhere around 5pm on Saturday to have a feed and get some beers down us before ehading over the the stadium. Do you know of anywhere near the stadium that would fit the bill??

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Boz19 Boz19 wrote:

Come on you All Whites!!!!  Lets go ****ing mental!!!!

JTF - we have a group of 11 or so, but all making our way to Welly in different groups and staying all over the place. Want to get everyone to meet up at a pub somewhere around 5pm on Saturday to have a feed and get some beers down us before ehading over the the stadium. Do you know of anywhere near the stadium that would fit the bill??

Boz,theres an ocean of bars from Courtney Pl down to the stadium,most do the usual wedges and the norm,but for a full on feed theres the good old loaded hod which is close,its down on Queens wharf,ill be at the Malt House drinking Epic.
Town is gonna be amping so get the food thing out the way pronto,piss queues will be long at the stadium,so fill up large,but the aftermath will be huge,make sure your group has the appropriate attire for afterwards,some bars are strict on dress code.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 10:37pm
May have to do a Mc Ds run before we hit the pub boz? Should be pumping, got scarfes and a NZ flag today so all set up and ready to roll! hmm might have to go back to the motel to change for the aftermath...

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 8:04am
On my way down to welly this morning. Enjoy the game boys

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 9:28am
As long as we got a shet load of piss in us before the game we'll be right

GET ROWDY!!!

-------------

Posted By: Moocha
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2009 at 10:00pm
Well , well well... mintThumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 12:25pm
Well i bet you weren't disappointed with that Boz,sorry never got to catch up,so many bars and pints.
Atmosphere was better than any test match or sevens game iv been to
See ya in South Africa.Clap   

Posted By: Shut up and fish
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 2:13pm
Yeeeeeeeesssssss who is coming to SA with me what a game
beside from the fact half a beer went in my eye at the end.
could have been better but i think the phoenix have a new right
back

-------------
Gidday Mate

Posted By: Grovo
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 2:42pm
Oh f*** yes. Most amazingly epic game I've ever been near. The crowd and jus the game. Boz and deacs still drivin back to aucks now, I'm back in Palmy after drivin back, gotta knuckle down for an exam monday. Was wicked to be part of that, shook Ricky herberts hand in town and saw some o the boys, got photos of Boz with Nelsen and smeltzy. Nelsen an outright top bloke, was a class above everyone on that pitch and what a leader.
Just gotta suss out pricing for a trip to South Africa now. Here we come...

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 7:04pm

Cracking game you know its bad when you can't bear to watch the last 15 mins and I only reserve that sort of support for Villa and England.

Go the All Whites!!!!Thumbs Up Now they need to smarten up their game for SA because if they get a favourable group they can have some ambition and not just make up numbers. For the record NZ is the smallest nation qualified.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 9:51pm
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Jimi the night just unfolded and got caught up in the moment

Grov those 2 photos are bit blurry, but **** it all good. Immense night in town.

South Africa 2010 I shall be there

Ricky Herbert's ALL WHITE ARMY!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 10:03pm
Hes big hes bad hes better than his dad, rory fallon, rory fallon.
Thats is all from me too shattered, what they all said Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 10:24pm
haha you love that chant eh. but why not, we going to the WORLD CUP yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh
Check out facebook now for the pics ya homo
still buzzing, not in the mood for sleep yet, works gunna be ****ed tomorrow lol

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 6:36am
Thierry Henry hang your head in shame.

What was that all about, a great player and I thought good guy doing that blatant cheat was horrible for the game. Ban him from the WC.

Good job he doesn't play in England anymore. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 10:30am

Was a pretty shocking act eh Dan!! Would never have picked him to do something like that.

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 11:05am
I know JK he would be just about the last player on your potential cheating c%^t list!

I would have walked my side off if I was the Irish captain untill the correct decision was made, I could'nt take losing that way.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 5:42pm
Why do they bother having replays,cameras etc,surely the footage showed the Hand of God,then why was it not over turned
The luck of the Irish continues

Posted By: Bender
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 7:45pm
How can this sport maintain any sort of credibility when the team that "won" did so after breaking the most fundamental rule the code has?

You wait, the downstream repercussions from this will be staggering; they will go on and on. The international version of the underarm incident.....

-------------
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 8:51pm
Thats the whole point eh Bender, credibility. FIFA has no credibility after this there slogan is "for the good of the game".

Yeah Right.

A Sunday morning kids soccer ref would have spotted that blatant cheating and these highly paid professionals, 3 of them can't see it.
I ain't even Irish but seeing them have that done to a great bunch of lads who knocked the arrogant Frogs on their arse in that game gets my goat. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 8:52pm
Thats the whole point eh Bender, credibility. FIFA has no credibility after this there slogan is "for the good of the game".

Yeah Right.

A Sunday morning kids soccer ref would have spotted that blatant cheating and these highly paid professionals, 3 of them can't see it.
I ain't even Irish but seeing them have that done to a great bunch of lads who knocked the arrogant Frogs on their arse in that game gets my goat. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2009 at 9:28pm
It's like that clown Barnes missing the frogs forward pass in that wold cup quarter. Bloody frogs arent too discriminate about what sport they cheat at it seems.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 1:01am
From what i just read on soccernet.com, Henry told the ref he handballed it and the ref said "your not the ref" whats he supposed to do? Maybe a little bit of pressure from above with the ranked playoffs and all, difficult to judge henrys actions as you don't know how you would deal with it if it was you at the time, (i wouldn't be running up to the ref telling him to disallow it, sure if he had asked or was in close range i might have said something, hard to do when your team mates and a country are going beserk) he knew he had handballed it but would have expected the ref to have blown for a freekick..... Anyway i lay the blame with the officials, feel sorry for Ireland as they deserved to be there and wish they were!
Thats what soccer is about, a mistake by anyone on the field can lead to controvesry.
To be honest Bender i think in soccer they move on a lot quicker always another decision somewhere down the track, another big game, other incidents, he didn't score the goal with his hand the ref made a bad decision, this weekend anyone who is not Irish will have put it to the back of their minds and be supporting their club teams, even the Irish who know they have been dealt the worse hand possible still got behind their team and were singing well after the whistle and saying in the press how proud they were etc. (the sport moves on)
At least we can spot a refs mistake in soccer unlike that scrum fast in the rugby game last week, even in a rugby mad country like NZ, the crowd in Wellington would beat all rugby crowds in this country hands down for passion and atmosphere, credibilty will never be a problem.
As Boz has said reffereeing mistakes happen in all sports, and cheating especially in games where the laws aren't so clear, some of these sports have all of the technology available to them......
Bring on the world cup!!!! or actually the phoenix and united this weekend!

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 1:01am
Wow that was a big rant LOL

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 1:09am
Seth Splatter needs to go,and his band of monkeys.

Posted By: Bender
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 8:38am
Deacs - I hear what you're saying about another big decision but is there anything bigger than a football world cup qualifier. If they don't address this they will look back forever and say "damn we should have replayed that macth."

-------------
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Posted By: beerbatter
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:13am
Agree with Deacs... football moves on pretty quickly. We'll all be focusing on our clubs this weekend. Having said that, the Irish will NEVER forget this, much like the English will never forget Maradonas hand of god (and the Irish have never let them forget it either BTW... so expect no sympathy coming from their neighbours!).

Before anyone hangs Henry... I totally believe the handball was instinctive... it just happens in a moment, the game's fast, sometimes the balls just there and these things happen and he would have expected the whistle to go. Like any sport watching the slow mo isn't fair, these happen in real time. End of the day, it's terrible officiating! If the handball was by an Irish defender there is not a sh*t show in hell that he would have said "Ref, I handled it, it's a penalty". I've heard so many hippocrits in the last few days it's driving me crazy.

In the latest news, Henry is backing claims for a replay... but FIFA have already put an end to that hope. To be fair, Henry can say all the "nice guy" things he's saying, because he knows that a replay was never going to happen.

I'm feeling a little sick defending an ex-gooner Dead Come on the Spurs and Nix for the weekend!!!

-------------
In the rat race, even if you win, you're still a rat.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 9:32pm
Is it not the same as "the hand of god"?????  The game will go on....decisions will be made games lost games won....

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Anguilla Anguilla wrote:

Is it not the same as "the hand of god"?????  The game will go on....decisions will be made games lost games won....

Well thats how the media portrayed it tonight on the news,so im guessing they feel it has similar tendencies as the Diego Marathon scene.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 6:47am
deacs is right, football will move on to the next horrible decision in the game.

This Henry incident will leave another great big dirty stain on the beautiful game though.

I think its time the game put its hands up and got video refs lets see good ol fashioned fair play returned to the game instead of the cheating/diving/sneaky elbows etc some of these players do.

Bloody Villa drew again grrrrr frustrating Ouch although Arsenal LOL Liverpool LOL are still cack.
Man U ain't looking too clever right now........ 

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 11:18am
Muppet dont ever discount ManU ....look at the table this time last year.....and the rest they say is history......

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 6:12pm
Man U aint looking too good, 3-0 against Everton Confused As said before Arsenal never seem to maintain an sort of run of form, yes Liverpool are still cack, was hoping they would lose again though so benetiz could speil on for another week then get fired LOL
Chelsea were pretty impressive this morning too.
Come on the nixs Big smile

Posted By: kIWir
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 7:30pm
Arsenal vs Chelsea....on monday 30th nov morning...would be the game to watch.....the gunners for sure......

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 8:44pm
yeah liverpool about fooked in the champions league aswell going to be a long season for the scoucers and the fat waiter ,,Muppet heard villa were a little lucky to get a point big game next week though ,cant see anyone toppling  chelski looked good cruised it really against wolves ,with van persie out the gooners will struggle ,one thing is for sure its quite open at the top come may there maybe some suprises instore

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2009 at 9:48pm
Ugly win for the Nix but we'll take it.
Ifill is class and Siggy is going from strength to strength.
Ricky H can't do much wrong at the moment.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 6:16am
Glorious win for spurs over Wigan 9-1Shocked

Welly Phoenix  win as well

Brazil take FIFA world cup sand football title

Posted By: STEVIE WONDER
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 6:40am
Could not believe that score 9-1.Last time i had a look at sportinglife it was 1-0 to Spurs.Glad my team The Toon were not facing them if we were lucky to stay up.But the toon will be back next yearClapWinkThumbs Up

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 11:33am
Haha the Spuds are on form! Be a good one at Villa Park next week as always between these two. Reckon the Spuds supporters will get cocky this weekWink which is all good.
I hear Wigan were very very bad though. See Ryan Nelson got a win with Rovers too. Great week for him and the Pheonix too. 

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:05pm
What a great weekend! Nine of the best down the lane... a Nix away win... and an ex-Spurs man downing those poor gooners Thumbs Up Agree, should be a good one next week Muppet.

Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 12:06pm
oh... and yes, watched the game... Wigan were awful... Titus Bramble... say no more! But all our goals well taken.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:50pm
yip were back on form couldnt believe what i watched this morning ,martin oneil there watching aswell,,yes wigan were bad but we were devastating didnt give them a chance to play ,lennon tore edman to bits we will be sky high for our trip to villa park ,,,any team to win 9-1 in that division deserves all the praise ,,,

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 10:44am
Liverpool again LOL

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:13am
The rumour is the only reason Rafa hasnt been shown the door is because LFC (.us) cant afford the severance pay....LOL

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:19am

He should quit then the silly fat waiter!

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:51am
I doubt he will walk...its a 20 million pay out if he gets the sack....

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 8:16pm
mersey derby this weekend isnt it ,go everton think it at goodison  loss for pool there and the writing must be on the wall ,poofters alan hansen and lawro still think the sun shines out of their jacksee,,deluded twats

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:12pm
LOL thought someone might post up on here.... down they go no Champions league revenue, no chamions league next year... will show it only takes a season to go from a top four club to mid table obscurity for a few years yet... (liverpool have been there and back a few times aswell since the premier league started) brought too many average players instead of buyin one or two good players a year..... and selling your best aswell!  Just can't see them turning things around with the squad they have injuries or no injuries.....
surely Benetiz must go if they lose this weekend? OuchClownBig smile

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:37pm

but lets face it nobody remembers a top four club...been a long time coming, I bet Torres is counting the days before he runs down the mooring line like a rat on a sinking ship...

And I dont buy the injuries thing for one minute...doesnt everyone else have injuries?  When was the last time ManU played the same back 4 for 2 consecutive games? Or the Arse played the same 11, what about Chelsea will they moan and whinge about the Africas Cup? Nope its just the sign of a bunch of losers looking for excuses to keep their nice pay packets ....as long as they can..though you have gotta feel sorry for Gerrard world class player, playing for his childhood club...and winning ....erm ...errhh...er...wining oh yeah F%$K ALLLOL

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2009 at 11:49pm
Haha like the way you think Anguilla, surely Gerrard will have to be thinking about moving on if they don't make the champions league next year aswell, would probably have to go outside of England though, who would blame him, United could do with a player like him but can't see that happening! benetiz said he would quit if they sell torres so maybe that will be there way out of his contract, get a bunch of money for Torres and not have to pay benetiz out LOL
Don't think United has played their best backline fully fit this season yet, i am optomistic that they havn't hit form yet unlike the other teams so have more to offer, also hoping Chelsea loose some momentum went africas cup is on but you are right they won't be complaining  as they, like the other top clubs have developed good depth in their squads....

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2009 at 8:32am
Pool need to get rid of the yank owners too, they need one like we have at Villa the superb Randy Lerner who lets MON get on with his job in a very healthy way.

I'd hate to see Liverpool lose their "magic" TBH but they need to do something....quick and all.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:20am
Well there is anther draw for your boys Dan!!

Good result for West Ham although the big game of the round is still to come with  Chelsea heading cross town for a date with the Arse. Come on you blues

-------------
LedgeNZ LBG

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 9:39am
blimey how did we not win at villa after some what of a shaky start and a rough goal to concede slowly we got hold of the game,2nd half one way traffic ,hats of to villa hard to break down
wigan after being thumped 9-1 beat sunderland 1-0 good response from them

-------------

Posted By: kIWir
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 2:09pm
A clash of the Titan....gunner vs chelsea.....the team that believes in R&D and the team that believes in big money to create the best soccer club.....I'll go with the gunner.....

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 4:24pm
Man city taken that headline now seem to think paying over the odds gets instant rewards 7 draws on the trott what a joke ,
chelsea to beat gooners 3-1

-------------

Posted By: NZTurtle
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Good result for West Ham

Hell yes, what a result! Although let in 3 soft goals towards the end.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 7:17pm
you reckon Zola will be ok in his job very likeable manager things not been too good for him this yr ,not that i like the spammers but hes a good guy

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 10:33am
Spuds played very well and are clearly on form, my bunch deserve a kick up the arse for that performance. If Villa had dominated like Spurs I would be upset not winning that one as they clearly did, the Villa goal was scrappy but it was a shocking handball by Bassong and would have seen red and a penalty had we not scored. Oh and Dawson's "control" was a bit dodgy too.

At least Le Arse lost but the Red Scouse won this mornong vs the Blue Scouse.

Print Page | Close Window