Print Page | Close Window

Ultrabite

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Soft Bait Fishing
Forum Description: Anything to do with this latest and greatest way of catching our favourite species
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27533
Printed Date: 04 Oct 2026 at 6:49am


Topic: Ultrabite
Posted By: burwood
Subject: Ultrabite
Date Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 12:31am
The following is from the suppliers website in the UK-interesting point being it is a 'SEX' pheromone and apparently will work on Cod, carp and Puka despite neither species being even remoted related. In fact it works on ALL species. Knowing a bit about biology and the gene pool I can safely say that a gyppy isn't interested in sh*gging a Kingfish. But wait-it also attracts male and female fish.Confused(HOW?)Quoting from the following sound bites from the Ultrabrite web site I must say i am intrigued more by flies tied with the Pubics of a readers wife than the Pheromone itself. I wonder if the NZ distributor can provide us with any real scientific data on this wonder scent-also claimed was it is sooo potent they had to tone it done. Lord give me strength.
 
Quote:Ultrabite is revolutionary because it combines sex pheromone, food and bite inducing aromas. Ultrabite is the first government approved fish attractant and is endorsed and used by Matt Hayes. Ultrabite attracts male and female fish and is available in 9 species profiled formulae. Kiotech and CEFAS combined their knowledge of pheromone and fish attraction in developing and researching Ultrabite. Early interest was aroused by two observations, Scottish fishermen reported the annoying habit of inexpert women to land large fish and The Field Magazine published a reader’s letter mentioning success with flies tied using the pubic hair of the reader’s wife when he had had little success before.
 
I guess 2 can play 'guarded sarcasm' aye C2CWink
 
Best part of all trendsetters is at the end of the day you can use the scent on your wife. I mean Gyppies to Snapper is as close as Puka to Humans.
 
Reminds me of the snake oil salesman in arizona and the bear oil saleman in Asia. Tiger balls make you last longer too.
 
 



Replies:
Posted By: snapazapa
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 12:32am
Originally posted by burwood burwood wrote:

.
 
.The Field Magazine published a reader’s letter mentioning success with flies tied using the pubic hair of the reader’s wife when he had had little success before.
 
 This is a sick manWacko
 


Posted By: Pole Dancer
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 2:23am
Burwood, I don't have a clue what the stuff in Ultrabite does, but in my purely layman's experiments on whether or not it energises fish??? I reckon it does.
 
We spent a day land based fly fishing last year on the Coromandel. We set up two different buckets of splash burley and used them on the fish and watched the reactions. Maybe we saw what we wanted to see, who knows, but it seemed clear to the two of us there that there significantly more frenzied feeding activity associated with the burley that had the ultrabite additive.
 
Now, I fully appreciate my "opinion" based on what I saw will not represent scientific proof for anyone let alone a court... but it was good enough to make me a believer and for that reason alone I eagerly await the "Slam" soft baits. As a firm believer in GULP I am keen to try them side by side.


-------------
http://www.clarkreid.co.nz" rel="nofollow - www.clarkreid.co.nz    FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier



Print Page | Close Window