Print Page | Close Window

Wanted to Buy

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Buy Sell Trade or Exchange
Forum Description: Anything used that you want to buy or sell
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=140168
Printed Date: 30 Sep 2026 at 6:55am


Topic: Wanted to Buy
Posted By: honestbruce
Subject: Wanted to Buy
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2026 at 5:58pm
Wanted to Buy ie a motorised  Burley Machine?????
Does anyone have anything worth selling that minces up whole heads and frames???? I am aware of outdoor mulchers but is there someone apart from the guy in New Plymouth selling or making a unit? I dont have the ability to make one myself but can supply the big arse mincer that runs off a 9hp petrol engine but wondering if anyone has an old butchers mincer that isnt hand powered. Too much work for me to hand crank so wondering whats out there. Am happy to supply  some componentry



Replies:
Posted By: Mc Tool
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2026 at 6:25pm
https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=140153
Doin' it  Smile


-------------
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time


Posted By: honestbruce
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2026 at 10:54am
Seen your post and that would work but its not up my alley or ability to make one. Dont have the means to manufacture here in Auckland and we both could have purchased retail but I dont have a budgt of $1500 or thereabouts plus freight. Was hoping to find something already out there however would be happy to purchase a unit minus mincer/motor. I am interested to know if less than 9hp will work and I beat myself up trying to figure it out. You can buy a new 7.5 engine with reduction gearbox off trademe for under $200 but how good is the engine?????
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/business-farming-industry/industrial/engines-motors/petrol/listing/6145939992" rel="nofollow - https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/business-farming-industry/industrial/engines-motors/petrol/listing/6145939992
Some Chinese products are great value however would hold my breath on something that sits 98% of the year unused. Its a receipe for a cheap product to not work longterm sitting around etc.
You could also sell the plans and what shaft, pulleys etc you need to buy and buy them from overseas from here etc but you already are posted what you a learning. Anyway good luck with the finall result and yes I was equally confused why a smaller engine than 9hp wouldnt work with the correct pulleys etc and probably spoke to the same person!







Print Page | Close Window