Print Page | Close Window

Okuma soul 4.2 three piece

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Landbased & Surfcasting
Forum Description: From rocks or beaches, here's the place for the landbased fishos to share information
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=137463
Printed Date: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:34am

Topic: Okuma soul 4.2 three piece
Posted By: lawabidingpoacher
Subject: Okuma soul 4.2 three piece
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 3:10pm
I recently bought an okuma soul surf 4.2m rod. Is there a certain way to fit together and take apart ? Only asking because it is so hard to get together or take apart that it's crazy. Any tips ?. This is the first take down rod I've owned in 53 yrs. Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: slayliner
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:14pm
Hi yeah I bought a new rod (different brand) a while back and was the very tight so I gave it a light sand and rubbed wax on it,Now its sweet .

Posted By: Fish Addict
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 4:45pm
Wearing rubber gloves will help you get a good grip when taking the rod apart. If it's stuck chill the ferrule with an ice pack for 10-15 minutes and try again.  Once the rod is apart apply a thin film of light grease to the male section of the ferrule.  Chap stick (lip sunscreen) works as a grease.

Posted By: lawabidingpoacher
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 9:37am
Thanks guys , all sorted. A very light sand with 3000 wet and dry on male ends and a good rub with some graphite powder. Still requires some effort but I guess they don't want to be to loose. I will have to remember the rubber gloves for grip for sure.

Posted By: scuzzymoto
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:58am
That rod should not have left the shop, should have been checked by the retailer before sale- pretty rank, never put crease,wax, oils anything on spigots.... you will end up snapping the rod under load on the spigots/joins seen this so many times and retailers dont care all about the sale these days 

-------------
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain

Print Page | Close Window