Print Page | Close Window

Saragosa

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Newbies Corner
Forum Description: If you're new to fishing this is the place to ask any questions about getting started ...
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=137032
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 6:19am

Topic: Saragosa
Posted By: Daniel J
Subject: Saragosa
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:36am
Good Morning,

Just looking for some reviews on the saragosa 10000. If anyone uses one and how they find it and how it handles.

I got one but haven't used it yet. Do they handle solid kings 30kilo+ ?

Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: Alan L
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 6:45pm
Haven't got a 10k but had an 18k and got 2 x 20k. Awesome reels.
My guess is you will be stretched to the limit on a 30+ kg kingi , and I wouldn't place bets on the outcome. But it won't be the reels fault.
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Posted By: jac
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:13pm
I think 30kilo kings will be a stretch. Drag not up to it.
Seen my mates 10k get completely emptied in under 10 seconds by a dogtooth tuna in tropics.
Not to say the 18k and bigger models won’t cut it.

Posted By: shaneg
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 7:58pm
I have 20k saragosa but taken 30 kg kings on smaller reels than that. The 20k was purchased as two timer for kingi or puka jigging out wide , plus towing marlin lures.
The smaller egg beaters of that quality can do very well,  have had a 25 kg plus king to boat on a 400 twinpower after about 45 minutes. Lure/ jig head fell out, would have got it if stayed in.
Caught some kings to 25 kg on an old opus bull 4500 which probably regarded as not as good reel as a 10k sarogosa.
Jigging seems pretty snobby sport re the reels,  but hey is very brutal with those vertical hook ups.
30 kg are big fish mate… don’t come along too often these days!

Posted By: Daniel J
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 6:41pm
With 15kg drag and 250 meters of 80lb braid surely that's solid.

Usually the kings I get are around 10-20kilo but just wanted to know if I did hook up a solid 30+ if it would handle. I thought I might be all good to lock it up and it would handle but I don't know when it comes to fishing gear I'm still a amateur never really really studied it.

Never know i just want be prepared. I guess im just being vigilant as we all do. Lol.

Posted By: shaneg
Date Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm
Yeah. … l’d back you on that 30kg king on 10000 saragosa especially on a smaller  private boat , where can do what you like, as opposed to on bigger boat when won’t move boat .. not so much odds in your favour with other fishos hooked up on a charter… all depends how you are fishing.

Print Page | Close Window