Print Page | Close Window

Transducer help

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Hints,Tips and How To's
Forum Description: Rigs, tackle, baits, angling techniques, tips and hints & your DIY projects here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=136912
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:59pm

Topic: Transducer help
Posted By: Ziggy86
Subject: Transducer help
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:54am
Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble getting info on what my options are. I have been given a tm260 transducer that was plugged into a simrad cx44 I am wanting to hook it into my lowrance hds9 Gen 2 touch. The plugs are different what are my options? Am I able to use it?

Replies:
Posted By: riga
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:10am
You might need to do some research on what pin connection the CX44 had and what pin connection the HDS has.  If you are lucky you might be able to buy an adapter cable.

Worst case you will need to buy the connection for the HDS and then cut the connection of the TM260 and re splice the correct wires back together.

A mate of mine has done this multiple times with his units in the past and has always worked well.

Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by riga riga wrote:

You might need to do some research on what pin connection the CX44 had and what pin connection the HDS has.  If you are lucky you might be able to buy an adapter cable.

Worst case you will need to buy the connection for the HDS and then cut the connection of the TM260 and re splice the correct wires back together.

A mate of mine has done this multiple times with his units in the past and has always worked well.
Yeah I've done it to a P58 without any issues as well. Google should be able to tell you the wire colour to pin. Worth the effort to do or get it done by someone IMHO great transducer if you are going deep. Or quite possibly an adaptor cable may be available.

Posted By: Ziggy86
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 7:09am
I have asked about an adapter cable apparently there isn't one for these particular plugs. Might try looking for a pin out diagram and go from there.

Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 5:21pm

Posted By: kimber7wsm
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 7:03am
The Airmar website has wiring diagrams. Be aware that the colours aren't logical, ie red in the TM260 cable might not necessarily go to the red in the lowrance 7 pin cable.

Posted By: Mc Tool
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 9:39am
Do you have a spell to get rid of spammers ?

-------------
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time

Print Page | Close Window