Print Page | Close Window

Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: The Briny Bar
Forum Description: The place for general chat on saltwater fishing!
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=136205
Printed Date: 27 May 2022 at 11:18am

Topic: Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: bazza
Subject: Not more confusion surely !!!!!!!!!
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 8:51am
This post probably belongs in the "Politics/covid sector but that appears to be closed ... so here goes.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
By & large this household have been firm advocates of the JAB strategy being the most sensible option but have had cause to question many of the means of implementing the process, the latest example applying for a vac certificate that we are told will need to be presented to avoid certain restrictions.

Surely there must be a more sensible way to issue these certificates than requiring every person from a household must apply using different e-mail addresses eg a family of one to ten still or more have to struggle with setting up separate email addresses.

How many will not bother to do so due to the hassle of doing so or even having to check what addresses exist not to mention are still available, or conversely already taken.

Surely there must be enough highly paid "admin'' staff that could come up with a far more sensible method !!!!!

-------------
Police came around last night & said there had been numerous complaints my dogs were chasing people on bikes so told them "No way .... my dogs don't even have bikes ????????

Replies:
Posted By: Otto
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:01am
Agree totally, Dad had this problem as all emails go to mums, he would never check an email and would struggle.  They don't make it easy.

Posted By: Hook-it
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:28am
bazza, we took photos of the doctors recording, which shows the dates we were done, i do not think any person could argue that we havn't been jabed

Posted By: tjm
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:46pm
You can now get access to your own jab status on my health account, I would have thought that a vac cert would be available through this application QR code or something along those lines

-------------
Cant beat hunting and Fishing in N.Z

Posted By: Kevin.S
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by tjm tjm wrote:

You can now get access to your own jab status on my health account, I would have thought that a vac cert would be available through this application QR code or something along those lines

That is exactly what is happening.  You can get a QR code that an app can scan, the app will be used by all venues where vax is required.

But the whole web site crashed when they launched it today as everyone tried to get their codes at once.  No idea what the rush is, but no doubt it will sort itself out over a few days once the initial rush is gone.

I believe for the technologically averse a hard copy of the QR code will be available.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:55pm
That's good news

-------------

Posted By: Otto
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm

You can and i have but like anything this mob are involved with it's #@##*.
Log on and if you get some banner at the top saying the url has changed your on the wrong site but they don't tell you the new site.  Tried a few times and then later a new my health pop up.  Logged in sent request and got my passport.
Opened it on my phone so i could save it to my "wallet" (apple) and spent the next 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to access it for when i'm asked.  Also saved a copy in ibooks so hopefully i can find one again.

I don't have an OBE (like Bazza) but my dad does and he also doesn't have a phone so will be interesting for him.

Posted By: Pcj
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Why not a simple card like a driver licence with a photo and bar code.   We need to make 3 gmail accounts. Needs to be simple.This is not.

Posted By: Phantom Menace
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:23pm
I would guess they aren't issuing cards like driver licenses because of the limited life of each vaccine pass at the moment (I got mine today and it expires on 17/5/22 - 6 months from today and 8 months to the day since my second jab).  The cost of issuing and updating would be significant and it's another bit of plastic in my wallet although I may print out and laminate a copy to leave in the car just in case my phone goes flat.

My mum (80) managed to register on the MyCovidRecord.healh.nz website so will be able to download her pass.  She will also do it for dad (84).  She will struggle a little to save it in the wallet on her mobile but I should be able to talk her through it when needed (if I am not there in person).

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Hook-it Hook-it wrote:

bazza, we took photos of the doctors recording, which shows the dates we were done, i do not think any person could argue that we havn't been jabed

The vaccine pass will also be available for the small number of people who have a legitimate exemption and has limited data: full name, date of birth, expiry date and a QR code that venues can scan to check.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:19pm
I wonder how the illegals are going to get on?? If you don't exist how can you have any record let alone get a vaccination,, Oh that's right the BOPDHP got arse reamed for asking for actually doing their job and asking for some form of identification. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
I have weekly tests so why not just the details to my phone??  3 million trying to log before the 15th december

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
If you have a negative test 72 hours before travel then you are good to go Pcj (vaccinated or not).

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Phantom Menace Phantom Menace wrote:

If you have a negative test 72 hours before travel then you are good to go Pcj (vaccinated or not).
I cross the border every day and its a joke,tested Monday results back this morning not quite 72hrs passed but its up there,at the moment testing station are advising 48/72 hrs for results,in that time whose to say you have not been in contact??
Double jabbed so just send it out on phone simple to me.Tried logging but overloaded.

Posted By: Denny Boy
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:25pm
This really grates me!! Every person that has the jab gets entered into the system which is so great that it can't generate an automatic copy that gets sent to your address or emailed??? Struth they are relying once again on everyone owning a computor or smart phone. They have emailed those of us all of the details about getting a cert but when I went onto the site I found it really user-unfriendly anyway. The computor-less people are going to have to shag around ringing up to find out these details so that they can sort it. This is the running before you can walk syndrome again. It should have been sorted out and problems ironed out ages ago! To me the makers of the laws of this land should be responsible for getting these certs to everyone.......or am I over dramatising this? 

Posted By: Alan L
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:00pm
This is par for the course. There is so much rubbish going on behind the scenes.
They are just scrambling to cover their ar... at every turn.
They had long enough to think this stuff out, in our smug little hermit kingdom.
Should I tell you I got back to NZ earlier this year without an MIQ voucher............?
Prob not.
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Posted By: Kandrew
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

This post probably belongs in the "Politics/covid sector but that appears to be closed ... so here goes.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
By & large this household have been firm advocates of the JAB strategy being the most sensible option but have had cause to question many of the means of implementing the process, the latest example applying for a vac certificate that we are told will need to be presented to avoid certain restrictions.

Surely there must be a more sensible way to issue these certificates than requiring every person from a household must apply using different e-mail addresses eg a family of one to ten still or more have to struggle with setting up separate email addresses.

How many will not bother to do so due to the hassle of doing so or even having to check what addresses exist not to mention are still available, or conversely already taken.

Surely there must be enough highly paid "admin'' staff that could come up with a far more sensible method !!!!!

Barry you can ring them and they will email you a copy of your passport that you can print and keep in your wallet, I’ll email you the number, you will have to sit on the answer phone until someone answers.

Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:21am
Wife and I got a mini certificate each a few weeks back after our 2nd jab.They said take a photo of it on you phone as its proof for the future your double jabbed. 
Will this pass until they sort out these current problems being experienced?
Also I would like to add as PJC mentioned on the Borders, wot an absolute Joke. For most of Level Three, Mokau being the border to the Waikato, The road blocks got to a point where there weren't any for weeks. They started off with a hiss and a roar laying down the law for the first couple of weeks then it got slack as. Here's an example- Covid announced in Stratford, person from there drives to Auckland picks up Infected person, takes them back to Stratford. The very next day a road block for a couple of hours in Mokau again after none for weeks. A real Pisstake! All ya can really do in my mind is get vaxed, you will have a far better chance of staying healthy when this thing really gets a hold. Oh Yes and get out there and enjoy your fishing while we can again.Beer

Posted By: kimber7wsm
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:57am
Granted every country is learning as they go, but this is incompetence of the highest order.

The plan could have been worked on last year, so that as the vax rollout happened it could be taken care of. Not starting to planning only a couple of months ago.

All they needed for people with a smartphone was, for the doctor's to have a QR code that you scan on your second jab. That could've then automatically entered your state into the Covid app. Job done. 
How simple???

The other people who don't have smartphones, would have then been easy to help because %-wise it's not a large proportion of the population. 

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:53am
Granted every country is learning as they go, but this is incompetence of the highest order.

There are some things that go beyond learning.
Typical IT ppl.. not a clue on end user.
To have a single email per cert...
How stupid is that, espec when comes to elderly and retired ppl.
Even more stupid is all these details get passed by the Minister deck for approval..to pick up stupid details like this.

Tried to get into the site, over loaded, waited , read a little, and likwe mentioned above, last 6 months.
Think thru.
knockdowns borders etc start to open early Dec.
So what is the point getting one now, leave off and end up with 6 months use not 5 months.

Im not clear on what happens if you 6 month to booster comes a week or so after the issue? 
eg if I get the cert on say 1 Dec, and my 6 month booster is due say 30 Dec

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:01pm
Well I ****en well give up.Email adress already use??really. Invalid password?? **** me I am the only one with that account

Too many attempts?? what next??  number 1 son who got vaxxed at uni,tried on his email,reply no record.

How much harder can they make it??

Still say simple card like a driver licence,ring them confirm who you are and they can send the card.Not hard.    Others at work having same issues. Young and old.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm
What next=simple. Try and wait for the fools running this country to get it sorted, it may take some time. DO NOT GET STRESSED.Smile

Posted By: Redfinger
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:24pm
Easy as for me - first time tried this morning 11am and straight in - might be one of the lucky ones?

Posted By: v8-coupe
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:42pm
Went in yesterday morning and busy.
Went in yesterday afternoon and straight through.
Probably 2-3 minutes from logging in to email sent and out again.
I think it is those trying to activate accounts that may be the main problem.
Had my RealMe account sorted a couple of years ago when applying for a new passport.

-------------
Legasea Legend Member

Posted By: CanadianJohn
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:27pm
the initial setup of the covid app was longer then i would have thought necessary. but passport part less so.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:38am
well good news,its 2.30am and using same email/password.I finally got it. So app saved and the pdf saved under notes so should be good to go.

So once we are allowed to pubs/clubs etc is there a scanner thing we have to use or just show to door person??

Posted By: Schampy
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:20am
So every business from now on.... including the likes of say a book shop or a bakery is going to have employ a bouncer to keep out those sneaky anti-vaxers that are trying to mingle and blend in with the general public??

Posted By: kimber7wsm
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:31am
If someone walks into a business with money to spend (particularly on large spend items), they're not going to say nope. And I don't blame them.

It's not staff or even owners jobs to enforce the governments policies. Particularly if it's a young female and they're dealing with an already angry person who thinks the whole thing is ridiculous.

Posted By: Crochet Cast
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Schampy Schampy wrote:

So every business from now on.... including the likes of say a book shop or a bakery is going to have employ a bouncer to keep out those sneaky anti-vaxers that are trying to mingle and blend in with the general public??

The Vax Pass will only be required for hospitality, close contact business like hairdressers and for events like concerts etc.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 11:40pm
As if incompetence was not bad enough they are also throwing in misinformation into the formulae.

Better half set out on a mission to access our vac certs & as the internet site would not work spent most of the day on the phone waiting to speak to someone ... or anyone for that matter but without success.

Yesterday she finally got to speak to someone who laboriously began to talk her thru the application process assuring her a conformation e-mail would arrive in an hour or so. 

Then the whole charade began again to process my application asking pretty well the same questions all over again only to be told
when 90% completed that a different e-mail address was required for each application so could go no further but was assured a conformation e-mail would arriving within an hour for her cert.

This morning the promised e-mail had not arrived so once again
protracted attempts to call the help line finally made contact with a very helpful lady. So helpful in fact she searched but could not find
any record of any such transaction so it began all over again but rather mysteriously separate e-mail addresses were not required this time plus shortly after hanging up the relevant e-mails arrived & were printed out ready to be laminated.

How many folk will not have the time or patience to play such silly games therefore presumably will be sans the certificate we are told will be needed ?  

-------------
Police came around last night & said there had been numerous complaints my dogs were chasing people on bikes so told them "No way .... my dogs don't even have bikes ????????

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 8:48am
I did my vax pass yesterday. Was very quick. The previous days it just wouldnt go through

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm
Who has put the app on to a android ph?? Yes the app appeared ,opened and there was all the details.

Today went to show someone at work what it looks like and the app has disappeared/uninstalled. Anyone else had this issue??

Posted By: SaltyC
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
Pcj, do you have Google Pay actually installed?

It doesn't need to be installed for the certificate to be downloaded and stored on the phone but, from what I have seen, the only phones where the certificate disappears from the home screen and needs to be reinstalled from the original email are those who didn't have the full google Pay app installed, and that have a relatively old version of the Android OS. I think the ones where I couldn't even get it onto the home screen were back at v7 of Android.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 2:48pm
I Can still see mine on Android, I use a thumb print to unlock my phone and I have to use my thumb on the icon to allow any one to see the pass

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:14pm
have saved the email in notes for time being,just need to turn wifi on to view. When tech child comes home will let him deal with it.
Thanks Salty/tjm

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 3:37pm
I had the same thing Paul. As Salty says the phone will allow you to download it using Google Pay (don't worry it doesn't charge you anything) and same as you. So I downloaded Google Pay and tried again and there it was!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I had the same thing Paul. As Salty says the phone will allow you to download it using Google Pay (don't worry it doesn't charge you anything) and same as you. So I downloaded Google Pay and tried again and there it was!
Done it again and printed it off and laminated.

Still say driver licence type card would be easiest.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 4:29pm
Open to forgery PJC but then they are still relying on dodgy countries to issue vaccine certs and negative tests for people trying to come back here so in the end it will only keep the honest honest so to speakWink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm
Damn.
Wife came home last night and said X at works husband has to have an appointment to get a hair cut..and must have the pass thingy..
"So that means I have to do crap on the internet for a hair cut?
You guys with no hair have it real sweet..
So missus listens in on my private thoughts.. Dunno how she does it.. Im thinking " hmm not that not a lot grey, 40/50 odd yrs back it was over my shoulders.."
didnt get past that part of the thought..
Next thing its " No YOU NEED a haircut" with that  look, that, angle of the shoulders, almost your full name....status.
Graps here computer , bit messing around, check my emails .. I have this pass thingy on the internet.
 Now download the app (android)
I use my phone for .. phoning, pics if rem..( must say thu its rather modded) now need it to get a hair cut, or bit paper in the phones wallet.now have to put a pin on my phone to use the bloody app..
 OK app..
So Im thinking, just take a screen shoot of the app..the put a short cut from the phones desktop to that file..
Done.

Thought may get used to logging onto my phone.. but nah.. will remove pin tomorrow and see it the pass app still works.

OH and the hairdresser/ barber .. 2 cutting hair.. 1 person waiting outside .. has next appointment.. sign on the window.. txt  number to make an appointment...have not heard back yet.
So maybe, we go back to my original line of thought in regards to my hair length....Wink

For now..

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 7:19pm
Sorry Steps, new mandate out. Hair can't go lower than your ear lobes (men only). Luckily you and I have huge ears

-------------

Posted By: Orchidman
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 11:22pm
It looks like we will be starting charters again next friday...........So I go through the covid rules to see what is required of us to be compliant.
Amongst other things, we have to download the 'scan app' and use it to scan the punters vaccine pass's according to the covid orders.........and this was confirmed by a ph call to those at the covid help line.
It is not voluntary re the scanning, it is mandatory........so I set up a system that we can follow to comply.............then on tuesday I see this article in Stuff where the Prime Minister says we dont have to scan the vaccine passes......Ermm
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300461414/covid19-nz-jacinda-ardern-says-vaccine-passes-dont-need-to-be-scanned-ministry-of-health-says-they-do

Typical of the current mob in power, they aren't on the same page or even reading from the same book!!!!!

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:17am
Yup Amateurs

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:45am

Yup Amateurs
15th december in NSW Aussie no more qr code/vaccine passes can go to clubs/pubs etc as they will have a vaccinated rate of 95%which is what WHO recommend.

Posted By: Kevin.S
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:58am
Am I missing something?  People are going on about installing apps and all sorts of stuff.  All I did to get my pass was go to a web site, sign in and clicked on a button.  A moment later my pass landed in my inbox as a pdf, so I could print it out or store it on my phone.  I don't really know how it could have been any easier.

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

Am I missing something?  People are going on about installing apps and all sorts of stuff.  All I did to get my pass was go to a web site, sign in and clicked on a button.  A moment later my pass landed in my inbox as a pdf, so I could print it out or store it on my phone.  I don't really know how it could have been any easier.
same steps I did Kevin,but when installed as a app through google pay/play it installed and a day later app was gone. So printed off and saved email.Done loaded again last with son.He said sweet all set.This morning app gone again.New(2019)samsung ph,android.

Posted By: Orchidman
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Kevin.S Kevin.S wrote:

The app I installed on my mobile is the one that has to be used by businesses ( in this case the Charter business) so they can comply with the rules under the new Red Light System. Normal people do what you did, businesses have to do a lot extra.........Wink

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:08am
I don't own a business but I installed the vaccine pass scanning app on my phone so I could see what was shared etc.  It was easy to install and easy to use. (It shows your name, DOBand a big green tick if it's a valid pass).

I can see the sighting/scanning of passes would be difficult for some businesses e.g. a swim school where all staff are in the water and parents / care givers are coming and going to pick up kids etc.  

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 9:24am
Further to my touge in cheek post further back..
 Removed the pin for my phone.. app doesnt work..

As with PM above, gone thru the permissions of the pass app.
Body sensors ...why? can be turned off.
Files and Media.. needs to right details when you use the app... can be turned off
Location....if requirement using Q codes , why?
Microphone....Why?  can turn off
Phone....cant be turned off.
Physical Activity.....cant be turned off.
SMS ...why? can be turned off.

I havnt turned these off to see it still works as still havnt put the pin back on my phone yet.

Posted By: John_Ra
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 10:13am
pretty sure, everyone would scan in to any facility they intend to use, pick up etc...

the my covid record site to get your cert. I knew would crash, just another way to get more funds from govt... So the next one ran smooth & it did too, got my cert in seconds, even though went to spam...

ring 0800 number if don't like techy things, help each other out..

Aucks would never have come out of lockdown without something to change things...

prob have to get "booster" shots yearly from now on??? like a flu jab

up here they were giving out vouchers to get a jab!!! I like free stuff  lol...

take care & watch out for friends & neighbours....

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:31pm
So it turns out your vaccine pass Cert - your passport to freedom, is an editable pdf.
2 M already in circ.
No need for the non- vaxxed to worry.
You can't make this stuff up.
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:01pm
https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/300462728/my-vaccine-pass-is-an-example-of-what-you-get-when-you-rush-a-tech-project%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/300462728/my-vaccine-pass-is-an-example-of-what-you-get-when-you-rush-a-tech-project

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Posted By: Crochet Cast
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 8:13pm
Alan
Sums it up really.

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:23am
I downloaded the vaccine pass last night which came through without too many problems. Now this morning I can't find any trace of it on my phone whatsoever. Completely disappeared.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2022 Grunter Hunter.

Posted By: e.m.p!
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:25am
if you’re on an iphone, you’ll find it in your “wallet” app. (it’s been the first time i opened that app either)

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:35am
Samsung Android, ive now taken a screenshot from the emailed pdf file. App has disappeared.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2022 Grunter Hunter.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 11:50am
Im Samsung android.. loaded app (needed a pin on the phone) took screen shot... set a short cut on the desktop to the screen shot.
 App is still there beside it... only works if have a security pin.. havnt check other security options like face or finger print etc. are the same.

My phone is rather modded thu.
 I use Nova launcher , scrapped the factory launchers on samsung and hauwai yrs ago.
And have heavy limitations on app permissions and what can and cant use mobile and wireless data.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Samsung Android, ive now taken a screenshot from the emailed pdf file. App has disappeared.
welcome to my workdit is the biggest crappiest idea this lot have come up with.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
All below is from the Google Support site (ie not specific to what the developers have done here in NZ but how they should have done it!):

Important: Your device needs to run Android 5 or above and be  https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7165974" rel="nofollow - Play Protect certified .

If you have the Google Pay app

1. Open the Google Pay app Google Pay.
  2. Touch the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
  3. Find your COVID card and tap it.
Tip: To find your COVID card easier next time, you can add a shortcut icon to your device’s home screen. To add an icon, follow the instructions above to find your COVID card. Tap More More and then Save to home.
Your COVID card will display the basic information about you, your healthcare provider, and your COVID vaccination or test. To find any additional info provided, at the bottom, tap Details.

If you don’t have the Google Pay app

1. On your device, go to Settings Settings.
  2. Tap Google and then Settings for Google apps.
  3. Tap Google Pay.
  4. Touch the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
  5. Find your COVID Card and tap it.

Tip: To find your COVID card easier next time, you can add a shortcut icon to your device’s home screen. To add an icon, follow the instructions above to find your COVID card. Tap More More and then Save to home.

Your COVID card will display the basic information about you, your healthcare provider, and your COVID vaccination or test. To find any additional info provided, at the bottom, tap Details.

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:35pm
Salty,app installed,go to open ,and it quickly ask for pin and shows blank,swipe anyway you like and cannot enter pin.The app is a waste of time.Have downloaded it and saved in notes on samsung,seems best option.

Is this a issue with samsung??Number 1 son cant do much better than me .

Any joy Kitno??

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 5:40pm
Asks for pin but cannot enter and thats what you get.

Posted By: Big -Dave
Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Perhaps If one just has the qr code tattooed on their forehead or the back of their hand...

-------------
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
You have to think, now there are millions of downloaded codes that are editable, the whole exercise is pointless. It was designed to separate the vaccinated from the unvaxxed, at certain strategic points - high risk events etc. Now that you can edit the downloaded code and alter it, the process is a waste of time. It cannot with any integrity provide what it was designed to do.
If they were serious about having policies that discriminated between vaxxed/unvaxxed, then they will have to start again.
Anything else is a charade that will fail to achieve any purpose.
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Pretty sure that's the problem I had. You download it using Google Pay but the app isn't installed on your phone even though you can still download it. Easy enough to download Google Pay but me scratching my head for a while.

-------------

Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

Perhaps If one just has the qr code tattooed on their forehead or the back of their hand...

Mahuta has her qr code tattoed on her chin. Looks greatLOL

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:03am
Alan, the "card" covid pass that is "downloaded" into Google Pay is NOT editable. The pdf form is editable (which is stupid) but only the name and DoB. When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device. I am not defending the cluster#%&@ that this lot is engaged in but just ensuring the correct info is out there.

pcj and kitno, have you gone to the Play store and installed the Google Pay App? This seems to be the cause of most issues, it shouldn't be according to Google , but it is on the ones I have seen.

Pcj, I presume from your  post that you have a pin set as your unlock code for the phone. What android version are you running and is it patched to the latest security level for that version?

For this "card" to go into google Pay and work properly the phone and installed software must meet the Google Play Protect requirements.

Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Salty you know your Stuff!! Should be on Grunta's payrole for Forum ProblemsLOLLOL

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm
Salty C - yes I figured that.
But what it means is a bunch of unvaccinated can substitute their name for the vaccinated.
Unless it is mandatory to scan it (it is not) and they ask for a 2nd ID to confirm the actual identity, then it is a waste of time. Most of the cards will be genuine. The only fraudulent ones will be the minority un vaxxed. And right now the system has no way to pick them up.
So a waste of time really.
Imagine if you are unvaxxed and want to go to Rhythm in Vines. Not hard. Unless they introduce another tier of security, beyond the card.
And they expect about 40% of the attendees to come from Akl.
Regards
Alan

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 2:27pm
A handy hint !

The cert is meant to be folded in half like a book therefore it can be cut in half before laminating. When trimmed to size it is just right to adhere to the back of your mob ph using double sided tape.

We elected to do three copies each ... one for the phone ... one in the wallet & the third for somewhere in our vehicles.

Am confident even an old forgetful coot like me should be able to find at least one of them if asked to do so.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm
Used the pass 1st time this morning. Booked Hair cut.
Used the screen shot.. which if one would like , set as wallpaper.
They scanned it all good..
Finally a good hair cut...Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Alan, the "card" covid pass that is "downloaded" into Google Pay is NOT editable. The pdf form is editable (which is stupid) but only the name and DoB. When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device. I am not defending the cluster#%&@ that this lot is engaged in but just ensuring the correct info is out there.

pcj and kitno, have you gone to the Play store and installed the Google Pay App? This seems to be the cause of most issues, it shouldn't be according to Google , but it is on the ones I have seen.

Pcj, I presume from your  post that you have a pin set as your unlock code for the phone. What android version are you running and is it patched to the latest security level for that version?

For this "card" to go into google Pay and work properly the phone and installed software must meet the Google Play Protect requirements.

Yes when to google pay store,it asked for card to be added.Got out there real quick.I will not add a card. Phone is up to date. Doing what bazza has done.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:42am
Salty C - yes I figured that.
But what it means is a bunch of unvaccinated can substitute their name for the vaccinated.

Yes .. But
When the QR code is scanned it will show the correct name and address on the scanners device.

And in practice will the person scanning know to check they match?  and if know when have 100s ppl line up actually check..?

My 1st scan yesterday , mentioned to the person and they did not know they should be checking details on my copy match the details on what  he scanned..

Not only that, I could simply have another person legit copy... scans  details match , not edited, just wrong person.
Just as PJC points out.. no verification like arms or Pass port or drivers license, student ID card... or DHB bit paper to match

Government talked about passes over a yr ago, including for ppl going to other countries..They knew most other countries required official government verification over and above the DHB bit paper... and didnt sign off  the contract to make till about 30 days before issue....

Its like they make stuff up as they go along, even they know what is needed a yr before.
 The ring fencing rentals same thing, came in active march, as an idea.. full of bugs and in legislation not going thru till next yr..

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

Mahuta has her qr code tattoed on her chin. Looks greatLOL

And I thought it was a 'WINZ BAR CODE'.Smile

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:26am
No argument from me about the stupidity and short sightedness of this lot Steps, this whole covid pass thing has been badly thought out, poorly designed and atrociously implemented. Full of holes and pretty easily subverted.

Just trying to help people get it set up so they can use it if they want to.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/127126333/covid19-black-market-sales-of-vaccination-passes-reported-to-police%20" rel="nofollow - https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/127126333/covid19-black-market-sales-of-vaccination-passes-reported-to-police

-------------
Legasea Legend member

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 12:12pm
Only a matter of time, just like the proof required of a negative test result before you leave a country to come to NZ. False certs easy to come by in some countries where scammers make a living from these types of things.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 7:34pm
Ok here we go again.
Ordered online pizza and pick up. Turn up on time scan in,next thing we need to see your pass,no problem but I need to see yours too,reply I am not vaccinated. I then went on to her to say I am doing the right thing by protecting you now you need to do the right thing and protect me.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:02am
The stupid thing is that if you squawk loud enough and plead that you wont have enough staff for you business to operate if the vac cert thing in enforced the govt has already relaxed on their original mandate. My way of thinking you either have to be vaccinated to be in public or you don't. I feel sorry for the cafés and businesses similar to them that have had to endure 3 months plus of little income, now they have to enforce the cert thing and yet supermarkets, diary's and now food outlets don't even check. The latter would  have to be the riskiest places to go at present because the rank and file visit all the time.

-------------

Posted By: whippersnappyr
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:25am
I just have mine on my watch works well. Also have the rest of the family’s just in case we have a device issue when we are out and about. 

Posted By: Nathan
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:39am
Agree the whole thing is a cluster. There is a huge amount of effort, cost, and compliance to make the 90+% jump through hoops just to try make life hard for the 10% who haven't behaved. I feel sorry for cafe's and restaurants who have been bent over and shafted. There should be a collective boycott of the whole system.

No vaccinated person should be scared of an unvaccinated person. Your vaccine protects you from serious illness; that's the whole point. Anything else is misplaced fear and paranoia.

Its summer in the best country in the world, lets just get on with.

Omicron is coming soon anyway. Highly transmissible and mild. The sooner the better.

Print Page | Close Window