Print Page | Close Window

Spring clean and season prep

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: The Boat Shed
Forum Description: Discuss all things boating.
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=135968
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 4:59am

Topic: Spring clean and season prep
Posted By: yknot
Subject: Spring clean and season prep
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:14am
We all keep out boats in good order, and maintained.
With  what's going on around us now I have been watching the mould grow on my canopy.
Got up this morning and emptied the waka, of everything that was not bolted down, then jumped in with the water blaster. Cover is soaking from second wash and I am waiting for boat to dry to start next phase of my spring clean.
Not that it's a competion but we should have photo competion, see who has got the biggest pile of stuff they take out of their boat.
What do you guys do for your pre season prep, or when was last time you checked all those hiding places on your boat.Wink

-------------
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.

Replies:
Posted By: Big -Dave
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
I emptied mine recently, not completely, but horrified at some of the crap..
I did soak my road cover in napi San, it helped but didn't get rid of the mould patches..
Next one might be black..

-------------
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:22am
With  what's going on around us now I have been watching the mould grow on my canopy.

Prevention is the secret.
 Hand bottle spray of gone in 60 secs.. Dampen / mist every thing after each trip... takes about 2 mins from getting the bottle to putting back
DO NOT BREATHE IT IN  big breath in the cabin..
 Do not get on clears.. Im not sure on this but clears maybe sensitive to it (???)
Spray the seams around clears, bimmini seams close up.
 I dont think spiders and ants like the stuff either.

It also prevent smells

Getting mould patches out.. IE the mould has been killed, removed, and what remains is a very persistent stain on very porous material. In other words its pretty much a permanent dye.
 The green algie stuff cleans off easy.

Posted By: yknot
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Big -Dave Big -Dave wrote:

I emptied mine recently, not completely, but horrified at some of the crap..
I did soak my road cover in napi San, it helped but didn't get rid of the mould patches..
Next one might be black..

Haha, I  carry spare clothes and food. Might need to check the clothes havnt shrunk while being in storage, also my spare food might have passed its use by date, but they say it's only a guide.

Also pulled out anchor warp and and cleaned out the welll, and will reverse rope or replace when the shops open back up.

-------------
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.

Print Page | Close Window