Print Page | Close Window

Hacker

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: The Briny Bar
Forum Description: The place for general chat on saltwater fishing!
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=135903
Printed Date: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:26pm

Topic: Hacker
Posted By: Muppet
Subject: Hacker
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 6:17pm
Anyone have any issues with attempted hacking on their devices from Fishing.Net today?

Replies:
Posted By: CrayZfish
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:08pm
I had something like that yesterday just declined his request and exited the page. Seemed odd but was not thinking hacker

-------------
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
Please tell me more Muppet. Have you messaged Grunta?

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:25pm
No I ain’t the most tech savvy but it tried to redirect me to an app. I obviously did not download it.
I cleared my data and ran my clean up stuff no issues but thought I would warn folks.

Posted By: Kandrew
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Had the same thing happen once last week maybe Wednesday, closed the browser hasn’t happened since.

Posted By: jac
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:24pm
I did yesterday. Was on here and got redirected to another page saying my phoned was hacked. Shut page down and turned my phone off for 10 minutes

Posted By: spin king
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

No I ain’t the most tech savvy but it tried to redirect me to an app. I obviously did not download it.
I cleared my data and ran my clean up stuff no issues but thought I would warn folks.

yeah had this a couple of times earlier in the week, I'd click on a story thread and it would direct me to a weird site

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:31pm
As above, twice in the last few days.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2023 Grunter Hunter.

Posted By: SaltyC
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:39pm
Just happened to me, it is a redirect hack:

Mahaidroagra.com is a site that tries to trick you into subscribing to its browser notifications so that it can send notification spam directly to your desktop or phone. Image: Chrome browser is redirected to Mahaidroagra.com.

Posted By: bazza
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:43pm
A few hours ago there were about 5 posts that obviously were scam
appearing on the Capt Morgan section but they disappeared not long after so did not bother reporting them presuming they had already been dealt to.

Maybe they were connected.

-------------
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 7:47am
Can anyone tell me the sequence - i.e: if it's a link somewhere on the site that you're clicking to be redirected?  i.e: what triggers the redirect is the critical bit.

We get a few spam posts but those are dealt to pretty quickly by the mods or admin as soon as we see them or are alerted to them.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:31am
It tries to link you to an app called Beat Bits from memory.
How it happened.
I clicked on a thread and a pop up window occurred telling me my phone was trying to be hacked.
I clicked to go to security and it went to that app.

Which I did not click on or download.

It happened twice to me yesterday.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 8:32am
I forgot which thread it was but I am sure it was two different ones.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:49am
I clicked on the arrow head to open the latest post in this thread and was immediately redirected to the site above.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
Only happened that one time to me so far

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:55am

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
Grabbed from browser history

Posted By: MATTOO
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 4:40pm
Is this legitimate advertising Grunta.

-------------
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!

Posted By: whippersnappyr
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 7:52am
I had the same thing last week but don’t recall the details.  I think I just clicked on the forum link and it tried to redirect me.

Might want to check your .htaccess as that is often the source of redirect hack and is easy to miss

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 12:47pm
Kandrew has also had a problem:

I just went to the site on my iPhone, went to menu new posts and got diverted to a website that said your phone has been hacked.

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: JustAnotherSpearo
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 5:52am
Finally got to experience it this morning grunta.

Tapped on the thread underlined in the second screenshot for it. Using chrome on an Android device (huawei p40)

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:59am
Another one on the lockdown landbased report. Trevally skinning link. Last post. Took screen shots but can't upload them for some reason. Can manually write down the links if it helps?

-------------
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:25am
Thanks - looking at this now...

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:35am
Thanks for letting us know about these posts - looks like these are spam posts with links. They're not spambots, likely just fruitloops with too much time on their hands. They are manually generated and the only way to block them is to stop all registrations or geoblock IP addresses which isn't 100% foolproof either so:

If you see posts like the one from Pleasureden above, try and hold yourself back and don't click on them - just report the post as spam (in the drop-down under Post options) and we'll deal with that post and account.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:38pm
Awesome thanks Grunta

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 9:59am
Possibly Grunta, but I didn't click on an actual post or a link in a post, I clicked on the arrowhead to open the last post in a thread, so that would require a redirect link, script or exe  to run once my last unread post in that thread opened. 

Can a poster actually post something that will execute simply when I open the post on the site? If so I am outa here!

Posted By: whippersnappyr
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 10:26am
Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Possibly Grunta, but I didn't click on an actual post or a link in a post, I clicked on the arrowhead to open the last post in a thread, so that would require a redirect link, script or exe  to run once my last unread post in that thread opened. 

Can a poster actually post something that will execute simply when I open the post on the site? If so I am outa here!

Same I didn’t click on a post. I’d still have a good long look at your .htaccess 

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:19am
Also JaS said he clicked on the "Advice on alloy repairs"thread not the obvious spam post further up

Posted By: wayno
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:35am
I clicked on the "3 new posts" link on the garden thread this morning and got redirected.
Hit back button and it went away, has happened onc before a couple of weeks back as previously reported by others

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">
To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Print Page | Close Window