Print Page | Close Window

Jiggle Lure stickbait

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Popper and Topwater Fishing
Forum Description: If you're into a bit of action on top, this is the forum for you
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=135189
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 10:43pm

Topic: Jiggle Lure stickbait
Posted By: The Tamure Kid
Subject: Jiggle Lure stickbait
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
Does anyone know anything about the Jiggle Lure brand of stickbait (see pic below), particularly how they swim or strength?

Says "Jiggle Lure 65g" on it.

I bought it cheap at a garage sale on Sat. Doesn't look used, no hook rash or nicks. Sounds wooden when you knock it, but the finish seems to basically be a painted black back above cream belly, with a stuck on eyes and side holographic foil with some creases where it hasn't been smoothed on evenly (no epoxy over the stickers). So not the type of finish you get with reputable wooden stickbaits.

Otherwise looks reasonably well made, in terms of the fittings.

Jiggle Lure doesn't appear to be a current brand and I only found one brief mention on the forum, so I'm wondering if it's worth putting some hooks on, or better to consign it to the 7-year-old's muck around kit.

Any help appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: spin king
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:14pm
they were sold at savebarn about 5 years ago for 40 to 60 bucks on sure smart marine had them too

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:26pm
I know the guy who imports them, I've used the softbaits and they work really well

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:06pm
Lester if that stick bait came from a Savemart, that suggests to me low quality.

So before you rig it and deploy it for kings, test all of the metal loops for strength cos if you don't you may find Mr Kingi will destroy it! Ouch

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
Haha, that'd be just my luck, Al. 

I've already got enough hard luck stories with kingies - livies spat out, hooks pulling on stickbaits and jigheads etc - that I could do without handicapping myself!!

You'd think Smart Marine etc which apparently also sold them would have reasonable gear, but I want to have confidence in anything I throw at kingies, that's for sure.

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:32pm
No mate, just because an item is sold in a tackle shop does not mean quality, more like entry level cheap and maybe nasty...

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

No mate, just because an item is sold in a tackle shop does not mean quality, more like entry level cheap and maybe nasty...

Maybe & it is budget stuff but it has been ok for me on 'medium' sized snapper. Kings will punish any weak link though. As most of us know

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: coroben
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:08pm
looks like another (one of many many) carpenter gamma rip off

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by coroben coroben wrote:

looks like another (one of many many) carpenter gamma rip off

geez, I see what you mean. Even the stickers look 'inspired by Carpenter'! (as below, a pic from the forum a while back of a 60g Gamma)

I will get out my boy's metallic gold felt pen and scrawl Carpenter on the top. That might fool the kingies into thinking I paid $200 on Plat for it, not $4 in a garage sale...Wink

New Carpenter Gamma 60g - The Fishing Website : Discussion Forums

Posted By: Structfab
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:27am
yeah they're a blatant knock off out of china. Quality very poor. Personally on a morale basis, I don't support lure makers who duplicate.
Think of the Legacy Carpenter have built, after decades of inventing and testing product, tedious work and dedication to the sport.
Jiggle care nothing for any of that

Print Page | Close Window