Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Fishing Reports
Forum Description: Share information about your latest fishing trip
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=134730
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:36pm

Topic: Kayak, Mac, Big Snaps! Mokau....
Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Subject: Kayak, Mac, Big Snaps! Mokau....
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 10:30am
HI All, something different this trip! As I had promised good mate Steve a trip on Sunday, there was no room for Brother Mick, so he dusted off the cobwebs on his old school Big Fish and dive Yak! He use to do quite a bit but prefers going with me these days. So off we all left with Mick on his way half an hour earlier than usLOL to allow for the paddle out. After meeting up on spot X we got into bait catching mode then deploying the Straylines. And as it was two days ago quiet for the first three hours. Then one by one the good fish turned up for our offeringsWink Steve was first to nail a goodie, one very close to 20lbs, but Mick stole the show on his Yak with a couple of Beauts! I chimed in with a few 5-6 kg models, then it went fairly quiet again. We were all pretty happy so pulled the pin early earlier than we intended, with Mick starting his paddle back in well before Steve and I pulled Anchor.
I probably should of posted this report in the Naki Yak Yak section as its been dead for a while. Otherwise Yakers hope you enjoyed some Mokau actionWink Have a good xmas, be safe

out there everyone. I will report back in the New Year. Couple of photo's Mick-Yak, Steve in Mac. Cheers Geoff...

Replies:
Posted By: MacSkipper
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 1:09pm
Beautiful fish great way to end 2020!

-------------
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:35pm
Hi Geoff, good to see you back out there now that the weather is playing ball.
Any reports of the long rods catching from the beach lately? Thinking of popping over for a night cast, weather depending.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.

Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2020 at 3:46am
Hi Craig, always plenty of Kahawai near the river mouths. The best Snap spots off ledges and low tide reefs casting into deeper water. Plenty being caught!

Print Page | Close Window