Forum Name: Heavy Metal - Jig fishing
Forum Description: Anything related to jig fishing here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=134092
Printed Date: 03 Mar 2024 at 5:55pm

Topic: Reel advice
Posted By: jakepitsville
Subject: Reel advice
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 2:01pm
Just interested in peoples experiences with the Accurate Boss 500 narrow lever drag reels?  
Worth the money?

Replies:
Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 2:47pm
Yes, fantastic...ask Swordfish Steve... he sells and services them.Thumbs Up

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: SufixRockMan
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 3:45pm
I have one coupled with Shimano Grappler, works well. They feel a little funny with any load on them, but once they load it's fantastic. I prefer to my JM PE7 and Super Tornado.

Posted By: Luke23
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 2:54am
Hey I know this is an old post but wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the current reels available, I'm looking at the new saltiga leverdrag reels for jigging and livebaiting on a twisted sista L rod. Any thoughts on these reels? Or should I go maxel like everyone else... 🤔 I have also seen an accurate obsidian but can't find any info on them... any advice for a Newby jigger who wants a reel for around the $600-800 mark...

Posted By: ChrisW
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 10:50am
If you are targetting Kingfish, you need stopping power.  You can really only get that amount of drag power with a twin drag reel e.g. Accurate, Maxel, Jigging Master.    Look for a reel that feels comfortable inhand, has a decent long crank arm and comfortable off-set knob, doesn't make disturbingsounds when retrieving, has a decent warranty and local servicing. 

The Twisted Sista L rod suits a PE4 size reel.  Look out for Maxel Transformer F50CH to fit the bill and worth exceeding your budget for.

-------------
give it death!

Print Page | Close Window