Print Page | Close Window

Opening Day Lake Tarawera

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Freshwater Fishing
Forum Name: Freshwater Fission
Forum Description: The place to discuss all matters related to freshwater fishing!
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=131995
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:59am

Topic: Opening Day Lake Tarawera
Posted By: Mossy
Subject: Opening Day Lake Tarawera
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:19pm
So I hear the bush hot pool area is littered once again with empty bottles and cans and that some feral's killed one of the friendly resident swans by breaking his neck... I doubt any culprits are members of this forum, but hearing these reports really makes me sad. I mean, who are these people that feel the need to trash the most beautiful parts of our country? Again the actions of a disrespectful few give us all a bad name - in this case trout fishos, most of whom love and respect our great outdoors... I stopped going to Tarawera for opening day a few years back because of all the drunken louts everywhere (don't get me wrong, I love to party too, but not at anyone else's expense). 

On a lighter note, I had a successful opening day on one of the other lakes and didn't see any litter or aggro, so that was nice.

Rant over.

Replies:
Posted By: Waylander
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 2:26pm
Appreciate the Rant.

I'm a Rotorua local, and hate what (mostly) out of towners leave behind! You can spot them and their behavior a mile away.

Good to hear you had a good opener.

Posted By: Kooza
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 2:32pm
That's not a rant Mossy, that's a fair comment and thanks for letting us know.  I'm local too, and Tarawera is my spiritual home, so hearing this p1sses me off no end.  I stay away from Tarawera on opening day now for the same reason as you.

Print Page | Close Window