Print Page | Close Window

"Bernard the Gurnard"

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: The Briny Bar
Forum Description: The place for general chat on saltwater fishing!
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=131474
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:06am

Topic: "Bernard the Gurnard"
Posted By: AuntyG
Subject: "Bernard the Gurnard"
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm

Are there any dads and grandads, mums and grannies out there who would like a new picture book to read to the little ones who enjoy all things fishy?   This is my own original rhyming story about Bernard's adventure with his underwater pals.    Illustrations are all my own work. The book has 24 pages and is A4 size with large colour pictures and laminated front cover. Age group about 4 -10 years. If any buyer would like me to write something inside book I'd be happy to do that. Please write message clearly.     $20 each, plus standard post $3.90. ( for up to about 3 or 4 copies.)

Replies:
Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 12:50pm
Awesome work Georgie! That looks like great value too.

Posted By: Uncle
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:23pm
Indeed Grunta, it's a great little book.
So good, I get Aunty to read it to me every night before I go to sleepBig smile

Anyone interested can contact Georgie via private message on here or direct at  [email protected]

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:52pm
Sometimes I have to read it through twice, lights on, 'cause he gets a bit nervous when Fangs the Shark comes on the scene.

Posted By: pjc
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:14pm
Fangs the Shark(Smudge in disguise)
What a neat little book

-------------
Sex at 58.Lucky I live at 56

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by AuntyG AuntyG wrote:

Sometimes I have to read it through twice, lights on, 'cause he gets a bit nervous when Fangs the Shark comes on the scene.

I bet you have to hold Bill's hand when Fang comes out!LOL

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: Tzer
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:50pm
Great little book AuntyG, gave one to grandson will look to get more of the series next time we visit or when Uncle decides to pay us a visit.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 8:40am
Thanks for all the interest in the Bernard book, that has been received.   Hoping there are now more happy story readers out there.   The plan is eventually to produce a sequel to Bernard, which is already in the pipeline.     

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 8:48am

Thanks for all the interest in the Bernard book, that has been received.   Hoping there are now more happy story readers out there.   The plan is eventually to produce a sequel to Bernard, which is already in the pipeline.     

Sounds great, will "Barnacle Bill" feature as a cameo role in the new book? LOL

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

Fangs the Shark(Smudge in disguise)
What a neat little book

Someone had to say it Big smile. Great effort AuntyG

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:15pm
Great little book for the kids this one.
"Barnacle Bill "

-------------
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:51pm
"Bernard the Gurnard" copies still available, if anyone's looking for a Christmas idea for their young kids or grandies.     

Are there any dads and grandads, mums and grannies out there who would like a new picture book to read to the little ones who enjoy all things fishy?   This is my own original rhyming story about Bernard's adventure with his underwater pals.    Illustrations are all my own work. The book has 24 pages and is A4 size with large colour pictures and laminated front cover. Age group about 4 -10 years. If any buyer would like me to write something inside book I'd be happy to do that. Please write message clearly.     $20 each, plus standard post $3.90. ( for up to about 3 or 4 copies.)

Print Page | Close Window