Print Page | Close Window

Charter Refund

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: The Captain Morgan Briny Bar
Forum Description: The place for general chat on saltwater fishing!
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=131193
Printed Date: 25 Jun 2019 at 3:39pm

Topic: Charter Refund
Posted By: formtool
Subject: Charter Refund
Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 8:38pm
Hi Guys, 
Just wondering what options are available to customers who have paid for a charter which never happened and now no contact available with Charter operator.
In Short me and my mates paid for an overnight charter on a fishing Charter advertised on this website, so would of thought of being safe. Weekend of date was bad weather, ok understand, 3 other dates were put up, but due to no communication from operator never eventuated. We are now talking about 3 months past and his phone is off line and even his wife has decided to not answer once she realized we also had her phone number, After 1 phone call. Have quite a few personal details about this operator but would rather keep these to myself and just get our money back before releasing them. 
Anybody have any ideas or have had experience with getting money back from charters not which have not eventuated?
Please would like our money back so that we can spend it with honest charter operators.   
Love Rod   

Replies:
Posted By: JB
Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:38pm
Hi, if they advertise on this site maybe a Pm to grant or another admin might help open the communication channels to help to work it out.

Good luck

Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:47pm
That has been tried but shut down by Grant. Why I am looking for other options.
Also seems Boat  is not even in survey    I just completed a survey check on maritime nz site.. that boat not in survey"  Done by another charter operator.  so should not be even offered for paying charters. 
Just looking for legal options, not smashing his boat up as offered by others. but we are talking of over $2500+ owing.

Posted By: MightyBoosh
Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 10:21pm
Time to call a lawyer?

-------------

World's most boring jetski "pilot".

Date Posted: 30 May 2019 at 11:04pm
Just a refund would be very nice thank you. then the money could go to better causes, like brewing beer and a day charter. Beer
Very simple.

Posted By: White snake
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:06am
Name and shame mate.Save some other fisherman parting with hard earned cash.i realise that wont help you but these low life mongrels need a reality check.The no communication issue is a big problem.

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:07am
Originally posted by White snake White snake wrote:

Name and shame mate.Save some other fisherman parting with hard earned cash.i realise that wont help you but these low life mongrels need a reality check.The no communication issue is a big problem.

It's not forum policy to name & shame.

-------------

Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:14am
I've tried to make contact with the person involved but have had no response. If you have his details I can only suggest you keep trying to make contact. Appreciate you keeping the details confidential.

-------------

Posted By: DenimViper
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:07am
We all have tried Smudge. How long does one take before their patience expires? I got given a soppy story over the phone as to why this has occurred. This guy is hiding behind his partners back , a woman's back and doesn't have enough balls to come on here and give a thorough explanation and an apology. Besides that he is the liar and can't hold his word.

Posted By: pompey
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:14am
I think we know who it is, should be named anyway. Maybe it's not forum policy because in this case the person is heavily involved in the forum and probably mates with moderators. This sort of thing will continue until people realise the harm it does to their reputation. Holding your tongue enables that.

Posted By: Reel Deal
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:18am
Go to fair go - they would love this one as dont often have marine scenarios to pull the audience. They have no problem name and shaming to the entire nation.

-------------
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:26am
Happy not to name and shame as the point really is, in this sort of problemwhat options are there for us. OK small claims court is one is there others? Fair go would be interesting, but I like my privacy and haven't a face for the TV, radio yes. 

Posted By: Saltiga
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:30am
interesting 

Posted By: Clifftastic
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:37am
Just head down to the marina and see if you can have a chat - Z pier?

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Marligator
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:41am
Also I am sure Maritime NZ will be very interested in somebody doing charters when not in survey.

-------------

Posted By: Daniel K
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:15pm
I mean, you did post his address on Facebook. Might want to delete that if lawyers get involved.

Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

I think we know who it is, should be named anyway. Maybe it's not forum policy because in this case the person is heavily involved in the forum and probably mates with moderators. This sort of thing will continue until people realise the harm it does to their reputation. Holding your tongue enables that.

he is a moderator mate

-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz

Posted By: Tonto2
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:45pm
I do not know the person in question personally, but he has been incredibly helpful to a huge number of forum members over the years and this would seem to be totally out of character, if possible I hope this can be sorted amicably for all. A wise person once said treat others well as you never know just what they are going through. Good luck for happy resolution.

-------------
slowly going where everyone else has already been

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:00pm
Tonto it doesn't negate the fact that he is screwing people over this time around. I don't care what his past is to be blunt here. We have been extremely patient, enough is enough

Posted By: Marknado4000
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:27pm
In before the "two sides to every story" and this thread gets locked/removed...

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by formtool formtool wrote:

That has been tried but shut down by Grant. ..
I'm not aware of shutting anything down however here's what I've understood about this to date:

The issue is with Dave Morrow and yes, Dave has been a longtime contributor to these forums, a Moderator and someone many on here, (and especially me), have held in high regard for a considerable time.

Smudge, others and I have tried to contact Dave but to no avail in recent times. Consequently we haven't heard if there's any other relevant points for consideration around Rod's problem but hopefully Dave's reading all these comments and is in the process of doing what he can to put things right.

Posted By: Fish 4T
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:47pm
I agreed, we don't know what happened or what's going on with him at the moment.
S##t happened sometimes and I hope he can make it out.
PS: formtool, I'm still waiting for your receipt.

Posted By: django
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:51pm
Guys, there are two sides to every story. In this case one side is people are getting ripped off, and the other side is that someone is ripping people off.

Posted By: Muppet
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:22pm
Surprised by this whole thing to be honest.

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Surprised by this whole thing to be honest.

We all are Muppet. It's not a good situation for anyone.

-------------

Posted By: JustAnotherSpearo
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 3:02pm
Hope he is all good, never know what personal matters one may or may not be going through. 

All good things take time, can understand if you guys are financially tight but i'm sure everything will be sweet.

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 3:45pm
a Moderator and someone many on here, (and especially me), have held in high regard for a considerable time.

Add to that a real nice guy, and behind the scene, over many yrs has helped me out in several areas that I have found few other to be even close to his knowledge.
I also find this rather surprising, and tend very much as there is something else that has happened.

It is so out of character.

Posted By: Dagwood
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

It is so out of character. 

Agreed, I've seen the effort and time he's put in here and only met him once but to honest, I'd have to say I'm a little concerned.

Posted By: MacSkipper
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:04pm
Interesting thread - did you pay for entire charter up front in advance or was it night before by internet and then trip cancelled?

Does sound out of character though I don't know guy involved - hopefully your posting in this way will move things along and someone will PM you and tell you the back story and I am sure there will be one.

Appreciate your approach but must be really frustrating even if guy could get back to you and say sorry will talk in a week or so....

-------------
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.

Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 6:50pm
There has been very little communication after the trip got cancelled with me anyway. I paid my share up front and due to cancellation should have been refunded. That was close to 3 month ago

Posted By: Smeg
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:35pm
Ok i will try and tidy a couple of things up.

First Sorry to Grant, got secondhand hand information about shutting down Posts.
I take it that the Moderators are not paid and are doing this on good will. Thank them for me. and thank you for your help.
Refund I am personally after if $585 paid ages ago. Have asked for refund but like others no reply on Phone, PM, Cell for 2 months? But i know others are also after refunds so adding this all up together. We are all in the same boat. So one voice for all?
With this website Dave has not logged on since the 22nd of May, so keeping away?
Dave I personally  like the guy very much, have meet on a few occasions 2XS charters and forum get togethers. Like others his knowledge is wide spread on the marine industry and boating. Seen the help and knowledge he has shared here is fantastic and would be a great lost to this website. 
Clifftastic, I have been personally contacted Z pier and Dreamboats and Dave are no longer there, as far as I can say and found out they have moved to Bayswater.

Daniel, for address that is public knowledge available to all. There is a website  https://companies-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz/ - https://companies-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz/ which has all Directors and bushiness in New Zealand. You would use your accountants address not your personal as correspondence. 
Fish4T, My wife does the internet banking, thing (I was in the Saudi Arabia and Turkey when payment was requested)I like Cash. She paid the money so her fault. Just kidding. She's sick like so many others at the moment so will get back to you when she is better. Why do you need proof? please PM

But to get back on topic, How do you get a refund if no service is provided after payment and you have receipts. 

Please lets turn this experience into a positive thing and help others.  

Posted By: Smeg
Date Posted: 31 May 2019 at 8:52pm
wow first post for Smeg. 
Sorry on another PC and forgot PW, So Smeg is Formtool.

Posted By: Ecko
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 8:59am
Seems a disappointing scenario all round. I had considered going on the charter for the kids and glad I didn't now. Let's hope the man does the right thing.

Posted By: bazza
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 10:48am
Leaving aside the possible right or wrongs of the issues being dealt with in this thread contributors should be aware of the type of comments that could result in defamation liability.

Had a post composed re the above that suddenly disappeared before it was posted outlining the situation as I understand it to be, but do not have time to re write so will need to complete later.

-------------
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Posted By: MarkE
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Smeg Smeg wrote:

But to get back on topic, How do you get a refund if no service is provided after payment and you have receipts. 

Talk to a Lawyer or file a claim with the Small Claims Court.

-------------
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction.... http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/sea-strike-18-build-thread_topic87723_page1.html" rel="nofollow - Build Thread here

Posted By: pjc
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:45pm
presuming the trip was/is organised as a private event,so not really a charter of such as he offered the trip as a fundraiser event for his daughter?? and you did not approach him with,Hey a group of us would like to go GT Barrier for a weekend.

So in the event of a refund(not being a lawyer)I would say if tried to take legal action via a court I think it would come down tough titties.

Lets hope he makes contact and does the right thing.

-------------
water water everywhere,how many fish does it hold?

Posted By: The Tamure Kid
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:18pm
If you look at the first post some months ago regarding the ill-fated trip, it said "... thinking about running a weekend charter to Barrier and beyond to help raise..."
I would think that if someone who is a registered charter operator offers a service as above, a court would rule that the people signing up were entitled to believe it was a charter.

I would have thought it was illegal for anyone other than a licenced charter operator to offer to charge people a fee to go out fishing with them? Fine in terms of sharing fuel costs of similar, but not a clear profit making exercise...so either way there would be legal avenues to pursue.
Obviously it wouldn't be worth pursuing other than at small claims court, given the amounts involved.

The same post goes on to spell out very clearly about the situations which would result in a refund. So I can imagine how frustrating the situation must be for those who booked and paid in good faith, having been urged to hand over money in advance (in the same post). 

Given the references of good character that the operator has received from some respected forum members, let's hope he can overcome whatever issues have created this situation and it gets resolved speedily.

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:31pm
TK  a trip to westhaven wouldnt hurt,at least then you can if the premises are vacant or not. Could make general inquiries from other operators as to we he is ??

-------------

Posted By: SaltyC
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

p

So in the event of a refund(not being a lawyer)I would say if tried to take legal action via a court I think it would come down tough titties.

A service has been offered and paid for, a contract to provide the service exists (offer, acceptance, valuable consideration ie: payment), so definitely legally enforceable and in the event of the service not having been provided an available remedy would be refund of any payment made.

However, the cost of enforcing is the issue, I can't see any situation in which a disputes tribunal would rule against those seeking a refund, and as the offer was made by Tagit (Dave) personally, he would be personally liable.

Lodge a claim.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 2:46pm
I must add however, having been the recipient of Dave's kindness in the past (and a very cheap trip to the Kings on Tagit)I am surprised and concerned by what has happened here. 

And Dave please let us know if we can help you in any way, you have certainly helped plenty of us in the past. 

-------------

Posted By: bazza
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by bazza bazza wrote:

Leaving aside the possible right or wrongs of the issues being dealt with in this thread contributors should be aware of the type of comments that could result in defamation liability.

Had a post composed re the above that suddenly disappeared before it was posted outlining the situation as I understand it to be, but do not have time to re write so will need to complete later.
OK ... if you refer to someone as being dishonest, a thief, non trustworthy, devious or suchlike it is deemed to mean you are saying that person is intrinsically so by nature which is very likely going to be difficult to prove therefore would probably be labelled as being unfounded defamation.

However if using such terms in relation to a particular incident/s & can substantiate such claims then it may be considered insufficient cause to be judged legally defamatory, keeping in mind it is far easier to pursue a case of defamation than it is to defend against it.

Furthermore any public platform can be sued if it allows defamatory remarks to be published or circulated. This probably applies to this forum therefore admin could be left with little option but to edit, delete certain comments, close down or remove a thread.

In the public notices of this mornings' NZ herald theInsert Moviere is a retraction & an unreserved apology listed by a titanium rated member of this forum in regards to claims made against a certain individual.

It is perhaps likely this has been prompted by the threat of defamatory action which may or may not be warranted, but please note it has no connection whatsoever to the issues being discussed
on this thread.

-------------
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

Posted By: spin king
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:41pm
ay what happened in the herald? link plz

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 4:54pm
The members last visit was November last year and the issue was unrelated to the forums, oh and "appears" to have been an untrue statement about someone else.

So, remember truth is the best defence to defamation!

-------------

Posted By: spin king
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
had a look but can't find anything relating to anything like that. post the link to it please

Posted By: atis
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 7:27pm
If you can find out the personal or business details, you can file a dispute tribunal claim.
It costs only $45. You'll need to gather some evidence like print of messages, discussions and provide a detailed description. 
Read more here  https://www.disputestribunal.govt.nz/" rel="nofollow - https://www.disputestribunal.govt.nz/

-------------
http://www.basszone.co.nz" rel="nofollow -
www.basszone.co.nz
home of reels

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:02am
Just a thought but I would be happy to contribute to a fund to help tagit to settle up, as I said before I don't know him but he has my respect for past deeds. Would any of you be willing to join me? If someone who is more internet savy than I could sort out a crowd funding type scenario I'll start it with 50 bucks

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:55am
Great idea Tonto and he's been marvelous on the forums and has helped me out many times but I think I'll just wait til I hear from Daveand know the circumstances

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Great idea Tonto and he's been marvelous on the forums and has helped me out many times but I think I'll just wait til I hear from Daveand know the circumstances

Nah bugger it. I'm good for $50

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Yep, I'm in

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:08pm
Has anyone been to westhaven to see if Dreamboats is still operational??Go to Westhaven see if "Tagit" still moored there,ask around. 

Those involved need to do some back ground work first.

Try a company search and you may find the answers

My Wife has been and had a good look on the register and there are 2 shareholders and shareholding changes between the 2.
As of 8/5/2019 Dave is no longer a share holder but Kitrina is.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:32pm
Hmm, not what I can see on the companies register for Dreamboats Auckland Ltd PJC, which company are you talking about?

On the 8th of May the companies registered address was changed, but the shareholding was all transferred into David Morrow's name last year, and he is now the only director.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:42pm
Well heres another company to try as he is the owner

http://www.floatingcanvas.co.nz " rel="nofollow - www.floatingcanvas.co.nz  ;  

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Hmm, not what I can see on the companies register for Dreamboats Auckland Ltd PJC, which company are you talking about?

On the 8th of May the companies registered address was changed, but the shareholding was all transferred into David Morrow's name last year, and he is now the only director.

Registered document

983497  DREAMBOATS AUCKLAND LIMITED
08 May 2019 16:42:15
Particulars of Company Address
Kitrina Helena JEFFS ( DREAMBOATS AUCKLAND LIMITED )
Box 90204
Victoria Street West
Auckland 1142
New Zealand

Registered document

983497  DREAMBOATS AUCKLAND LIMITED
26 May 2018 15:45:05
Particulars of Shareholding
Kitrina Helena JEFFS
39 Kelmarna Avenue
Ponsonby
Auckland 1011
New Zealand

Shareholders

Removed Shareholder
Kitrina Helena JEFFS
1 Wallace Street, Herne Bay, Auckland, 1011 , New Zealand

Share allocations

Amended Share Allocation
Shares

Kitrina Helena JEFFS
1 Wallace Street, Herne Bay, Auckland, 1011 , New Zealand
Shares

David Hugh MORROW
499 Hibiscus Coast Highway, Orewa, Auckland, 0931 , New Zealand

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:48pm
Keep searching "Salty"

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 12:56pm
Try reading it PJC, removed shareholder was Kitrina Jeffs, updated shareholder was David Morrow.

-------------

Posted By: Catchelot
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:02pm
Lads, if you are going to be lower deck lawyers shouldn't you keep the above to yourselves and off the forum? Ouch

A little bird said they may be at Bayswater these days.

-------------
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:06pm
They are actually public records Catchelot so somewhat more reliable than "little birds"!

Just making sure that "Facts" are presented here and Dave is not cast in a light he doesn't deserve, he was the sole shareholder and director at the time of the offer to forum members. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:29pm
Good idea Tonto2, I'm in.

The right question we should ask Dave is
Are you OK mate, instead of abusing him.
I never meet or know him but I know he is always helpful in this forum and I'm sure he needs our help right now.

I'm in for $1000 if that will put a smile on disgruntled fisho face.

Posted By: terrafish
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:34pm
If 50 bucks is all it takes from me to have the whinging buggers whose lives have been so savagely affected by such a dastartly deed, by someone who was trying to raise some funds for another cause, then so be it, i'm good for 50, just so I don't have to read about it.
For my 10cents worth, I hope everything is well with him and if not that he is managing. And that when he is ready, all will be settled. He is far to valuable member of this site, that contributes solid information and real life experience, and doesn't speculate or bluster. And I've never even met the guy!
So if 50 buck aint enough then let me know i'll raise it. And if any of you hard done by souls are that desperate for your money back immediately then i'll pay you entirely just to get you to f#%k the hell off for good.

Posted By: pompey
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 1:54pm
Have I got this right?

Dave put a post on this forum offering a charter on his boat. Some members replied and a date was set for the charter and Dave informed those what the arrangements were and any conditions including the cost? Payment upfront either in full or deposit ( not sure ) was required by Dave. Dave agreed ( as with almost all charters ) that if because of weather or conditions beyond his control all money paid would be refunded. 
I am not sure if Dave is actually in the charter business or his boat is licensed for commercial charters but that is another matter.
The charter has be cancelled by Dave ?? , due to weather. I am not sure if an alternative charter went ahead and the outstanding refunds are for those that could not make that date. In any event, a crew to cover costs must have been on board if this charter proceeded. 
At this point (some months ago), Dave has decided not to refund money owing to those he has taken money from for the original charter?. 
Dave has become uncontactable, evasive. 
This is usually referred to as a scam or theft irrespective of who the perpetrator is or their motivation.
To start pledging donations to support this is condoning it.
I don't buy for one second any sob story offered up by anyone in this situation to justify bailing Dave out. 

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 2:55pm
Terrafish. Winging buggers? We just want out money back to which we are rightlfully entitled. I don't need your 50 bucks contribution

Posted By: BFIST
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by terrafish terrafish wrote:

If 50 bucks is all it takes from me to have the whinging buggers whose lives have been so savagely affected by such a dastartly deed, by someone who was trying to raise some funds for another cause, then so be it, i'm good for 50, just so I don't have to read about it.
For my 10cents worth, I hope everything is well with him and if not that he is managing. And that when he is ready, all will be settled. He is far to valuable member of this site, that contributes solid information and real life experience, and doesn't speculate or bluster. And I've never even met the guy!
So if 50 buck aint enough then let me know i'll raise it. And if any of you hard done by souls are that desperate for your money back immediately then i'll pay you entirely just to get you to f#%k the hell off for good.

If a charter skipper took $2.5k of your money, I highly doubt you'd be ok and just sit there waiting for it with no updates or details of when you will get it back.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by pompey pompey wrote:

Have I got this right?

Dave put a post on this forum offering a charter on his boat. Some members replied and a date was set for the charter and Dave informed those what the arrangements were and any conditions including the cost? Payment upfront either in full or deposit ( not sure ) was required by Dave. Dave agreed ( as with almost all charters ) that if because of weather or conditions beyond his control all money paid would be refunded. 
I am not sure if Dave is actually in the charter business or his boat is licensed for commercial charters but that is another matter.
The charter has be cancelled by Dave ?? , due to weather. I am not sure if an alternative charter went ahead and the outstanding refunds are for those that could not make that date. In any event, a crew to cover costs must have been on board if this charter proceeded. 
At this point (some months ago), Dave has decided not to refund money owing to those he has taken money from for the original charter?. 
Dave has become uncontactable, evasive. 
This is usually referred to as a scam or theft irrespective of who the perpetrator is or their motivation.
To start pledging donations to support this is condoning it.
I don't buy for one second any sob story offered up by anyone in this situation to justify bailing Dave out. 
.                                         And that's perfectly understandable, I just see this as a way of helping out someone who seems to be a good bloke and also helping some other good blokes out as well, to be honest I have already drunk 50 bucks this weekend so if you don't want to contribute it's fine, completely understand

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by BFIST BFIST wrote:

If a charter skipper took $2.5k of your money, I highly doubt you'd be ok and just sit there waiting for it with no updates or details of when you will get it back.

Did you actually chip in $2.5k? lucky me only chipped in $400.

Either way its wrong and we don't know why the man disappeared or bailed out, 
Losing his good name and reputation for $2.5k, 
I doubt he would do such thing.

I'm sure there is a good reason behind all this
like others said "its totally out of character".

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:41pm
Tonto, before you waste your money just try and get hold of Dave. We all have including by the sounds of it the Mod's, all with no avail. 
Thanks for you offer's but this should be between us and the person who took our money. If he owes others are you going to pay them as well?
Tagit and the other boats, office etc are no longer at Westhaven, His office there has been taken over by another companynot associated with him. So can only assume he is running his business from home and the boats are at Bayswater? So making a few phone calls saved me a drive.
Sure this is all going to work out fine. In the end.
Time for just a normal day charter to chill out.
Worst part was the weather was great for the other dates put up

Posted By: BFIST
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Fish 4T Fish 4T wrote:

Originally posted by BFIST BFIST wrote:

Did you actually chip in $2.5k? lucky me only chipped in $400.

Either way its wrong and we don't know why the man disappeared or bailed out, 
Losing his good name and reputation for $2.5k, 
I doubt he would do such thing.

I'm sure there is a good reason behind all this
like others said "its totally out of character".

Not me, the guy who started this discussion did.

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by SaltyC SaltyC wrote:

Try reading it PJC, removed shareholder was Kitrina Jeffs, updated shareholder was David Morrow.
At least theres 2 addresses to go door knocking.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by formtool formtool wrote:

Tonto, before you waste your money just try and get hold of Dave. We all have including by the sounds of it the Mod's, all with no avail. 
Thanks for you offer's but this should be between us and the person who took our money. If he owes others are you going to pay them as well?
Tagit and the other boats, office etc are no longer at Westhaven, His office there has been taken over by another companynot associated with him. So can only assume he is running his business from home and the boats are at Bayswater? So making a few phone calls saved me a drive.
Sure this is all going to work out fine. In the end.
Time for just a normal day charter to chill out.
Worst part was the weather was great for the other dates put up

Sensible, decent approach there FT

-------------

Posted By: Grunta
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2019 at 9:29pm
Time to give this a break and if anyone wants to continue the discussion you're welcome to do so but not on here. In the event more info comes to light then by all means drop me a PM.

Print Page | Close Window