Print Page | Close Window

Fishing + Seadek

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: The Boat Shed
Forum Description: Discuss all things boating.
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=130842
Printed Date: 19 Jun 2019 at 3:43am

Topic: Fishing + Seadek
Posted By: HuntGatherRepeat
Subject: Fishing + Seadek
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:35pm
Have an older glass boat that I'm in the midst of doing a tidy up on. The floor is 2 very different colors from previous work and is stained. Painting isn't cheap so considering Seadek. Also have a young one and partner who want something a bit more family friendly. How does it hold up to bait, blood, boots, etc?

Replies:
Posted By: Gappy
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:56pm
Its great cleans so easy I just use my little karcher water blaster it cleans it a treat.

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:14am
Good stuff. It's not a small investment but other boats that I've been in with it were really comfortable. Did you do the templates yourself or buy sheets and cut to fit?

Posted By: Gappy
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:42am
I fully templated mine so got borders etc looks so much nicer.

I have normal look teak in brown and black they now have a real nice dark grey and black look.

Cheers

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:12pm
Cheers. Think I'll go with them template style. Still need ocasional access to some floor fittings and have some drains that go through the floor. 

Still surprised that it comes up clean so easy. Been trying to get skippy blood out of my fiberglass for weeks. 

Posted By: Fish Addict
Date Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:37pm
The secret to keeping Seadek clean I believe is to spray any blood etc with the deck wash asap. If it's left to dry for a day or so or more it can become difficult to move without leaving a stain. This is not from personal experience but what I have read on another forum.

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:53am
Sea deck is a 3m type product I briefly looked at for our boat to replace the rubber backed carpets that had ripped due to not being glued down fully..
Areas of no glue, that when stodd on and ppl turn stretched and eventually ripped.
In the end went for red shed elcheapo rubber backed carpet (red shed because if didn't work out wasn't going to be an expensive mistake)
Laid it around 7 or 8 yrs ago
Made sure the f2 glue fully covered areas and applied exactly to instructions
Don't worry about bait being stood on or blood from bleeding tuna/KY.
We do approx 25 to 34 trips out per year.. Mostly bait fishing.
After every trip the boat and carpets get a foam up with GT18 detergent. Then hosed down, often next day.
In the next few days sometime gets a mist spray of gone in 30sec anti mould
2 or 3 times z yrs the boat and carpets and boat gets a good water blast with a 3000lb petrol blaster.

The carpets upholstery (rubber backed curtain material) etc are still in as good as new condition

Print Page | Close Window