Print Page | Close Window

Great Morning Off Mokau With Bro!

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Fishing Reports
Forum Description: Share information about your latest fishing trip
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=130812
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:32am

Topic: Great Morning Off Mokau With Bro!
Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Subject: Great Morning Off Mokau With Bro!
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:54pm
Hi all, Been a bit quiet on the Fish'n front lately, mainly due to weather and sea not playing ball. Was good to get out with Brother Mick for a catchup and a fish! We headed A bit South for a safer launch as mokau beach was pumping! Alot of patients waiting in the Surf and finally a lull and we were off in the little Mac jumping a few back swells as the next set formedLOL We settled in around 15 metres and off to work with Sabiki's to catch bait for Straylines. Slim Pickings for the first hour but finally some Kahawai and Mackeral were boated! I generally only put a whole Pilly on if we have nothing Fresh, as they are easily yanked off by the bigger Snaps before you have a chance to hook up. Once a few Straylines were set it was a couple of hours before anything decent showed interest. I got a good strong run and hooked up a Snap 7 odd kgs. Played it in, a couple of shots and released it back. During the two odd hours before that we caught alot of Gurnhard and Snaps to 3 kgs on our Sabiki's, so had alot for eating. another hour went by with quiet fishing, pulled anchor and headed in. A couple of shots of myself before letting our best fish of the morning go.Beer.....

Replies:
Posted By: Far Quirk
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:39pm
Nice work.  Like the way you hang in there for hours if necessary to get some better fish.

-------------
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!

Posted By: CrayZfish
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:06pm
Nice report Geoff. Jeez i'd be happy with the gurnard and snaps to 3kg, you must have some bloody good Sabiki's. Weather looks to be settled rest of week, assume your out again chasing that 30lb Easter special?

-------------
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Far Quirk Far Quirk wrote:

Nice work.  Like the way you hang in there for hours if necessary to get some better fish.
Thanks FQ! Yep i enjoy the waiting game, happy to sit in the same spot even if its a bit quiet.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Nice report Geoff. Jeez i'd be happy with the gurnard and snaps to 3kg, you must have some bloody good Sabiki's. Weather looks to be settled rest of week, assume your out again chasing that 30lb Easter special?
Hi CrayZfish! I make my own Sabiki's, big green beads and decent 1/0 Circles. Alot stronger than Shop ones. Easter looking extremely good! Have four Hamilton mates fishing here plus local mates for one of our $20 pay in, heaviest Snap over the weekend takes the lootLOL Cheers....

Posted By: CrayZfish
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
At least youve got some home advantage mate. Good luck don't embarrass them too much.

-------------
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!

Posted By: kitno
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

Hi CrayZfish! I make my own Sabiki's, big green beads and decent 1/0 Circles. Alot stronger than Shop ones. Easter looking extremely good! Have four Hamilton mates fishing here plus local mates for one of our $20 pay in, heaviest Snap over the weekend takes the lootLOL Cheers....

Geez, I wonder who'll win.

-------------
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.

Posted By: ramcoed
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 7:46am
weve beaten him many times before! this weekend will be the same! ha ha!!!!!!!

-------------
limit your catch not catch your limit!

Posted By: Muzzfishing
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 10:49pm
Nice work Geoff. 15m good luck for the weekend looking forward to the report.

-------------
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">     A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.

Print Page | Close Window